Saudi Aramco

Saudi Aramco Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Saudi Aramco President and CEO Khalid A. Al-Falih

Khalid A. Al-Falih

Pros
  • Great work-life balance and good place to raise a family(in 8 reviews)

• Saudi Aramco is a great place for those seeking job security (not career security)(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • There is differentiation between salaries based on nationality(in 3 reviews)

• Middle management is what will bring this company down(in 4 reviews)

I had served the company in an excellent manner and enjoyed my entire service and I am proud of it.

Communications Systems Technical Specialist (Former Employee) Dhahran (Saudi Arabia)

ProsExcellent salary, long terms benefits, rich development sources along with working relationship as you feel owning company.

ConsPeaceful working environment and promotions are given in according to performance of each individual.

Advice to Senior ManagementEach individual has assigned tasks and given fair evaluations on base of their performance.

Interesting place to live and work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dhahran (Saudi Arabia)

ProsInteresting place to live and work. Multicultural environment. Great work-life balance and good place to raise a family. Employer is at times exceedingly benevolent, and employee programs are in general quite good. Winter weather is fantastic. Pace of life is relatively slow and relaxed. Work is varied and interesting, often challenging (in a good way).

ConsSummer weather - yes, it really is that hot (especially in July-August-September). Limited managerial opportunities, if that is important to you. Must drive very defensively and carefully. Shopping can be challenging and limited, particularly if you are in to food.

Racist.. various payrolls based on nationality not qualifications

Career Counselor (Current Employee) Dhahran (Saudi Arabia)

ProsDevelopment is good, big impact and you see the results of U'r work faster than other places.

ConsFavoritism, westerners are getting the best of the deal, paid up to 7-10 times more than locals. Highly political and decision makers r mostly incompetent. Least professional and most arrogant entity.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate what u have, and treat U'r ppl better. U'r wasting the country's resources and ppl r losing their moral.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Going downhill

Prosgood training. good education opportunities if you are still motivated.

Consexpats get everything. no plan for young locals. lots and lots of bureacracy.

Advice to Senior Managementtalk to your people. know where you are headed. stop caring about yourself alone. your people are your most valuable asset.

I do not know whether most oil companies are like this, but this is not the place for a good career path

ProsPlenty of vacation days every year.
    Diversity in the community

ConsNo management opportunities for expats
    Too few females in the technical area

Aramco family benefits

Environmental Engineer (Former Employee) Dhahran (Saudi Arabia)

ProsGreat family benefits, health, schools, travel tickets. Good balance between work load and family time.

ConsLiving in Muslim culture is just different, management is not very proactive and do not make desicions easily.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo be more proactive

Many foreman and drilling superintendents with very little practical knowledge down time due to that experience.

Drilling Foreman (Current Employee) Dammam (Saudi Arabia)

ProsConsistency of work and the amount of different class rigs.

ConsSuperintendent with very little practical knowledge. Down time due to that experience. Going against the rest of the worlds oil company's policy's & procedures and think it's normal. Low pay the reasons for not getting and keeping oil field hands with practical knowledge.

Money is good.. rest ignores it for money you get

Systems Analyst II (Former Employee) Dhahran (Saudi Arabia)

ProsMoney is good. work life balance is great.. longest vacations ever.

Conspolitics, cultural issues, too much favoritism.

Advice to Senior Managementthey are not good listeners..

- Self starter, Initiatives, competently analysis of financial reports - Preparation of Advance Budget & forecasting.

Planning & Programs Analyst (Current Employee) Dhahran (Saudi Arabia)

Pros- Wonderful working atmosphere, friendly and will be having freedom to show skills and caliber.

Cons- Will be having excellent opportunities to have challenging tasks, where you can contribute the best way..as your contribution will be valued and rewarding.

Advice to Senior Management- Professional contribution should be taken into consideration, and appreciation are to be made, with out any discrimination, that gives employees confident to work and contribute the best of their ability,

Wonderful 17+ year career in Dhahran

Planning & Programs Analyst (Former Employee) Dhahran (Saudi Arabia)

ProsGreat work-life balance. Wonderful place to raise kids.

ConsExtremely political with a very vertical organizational structure. Patience is needed to get things done.

Worked for Saudi Aramco? Contribute to the Community!