Saudi Aramco

Saudi Aramco Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Saudi Aramco President and CEO Khalid A. Al-Falih

Khalid A. Al-Falih

Pros
  • Great work-life balance and good place to raise a family(in 8 reviews)

• Saudi Aramco is a great place for those seeking job security (not career security)(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • There is differentiation between salaries based on nationality(in 3 reviews)

• Middle management is what will bring this company down(in 4 reviews)

Perfect career move....

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsJob security...Top pay...friendly atmosphere. ..A solid renowned company.

ConsThere is none. Management is there to assist you taking all the cons out of the equation.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for having trust in expats! !

Industrial Relations - ASC

Industrial Relations (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsOn-site amenities (cafeteria, gym, clinic, workshops, etc.).

ConsEgos and corrupt practices. Individuals in managerial roles with ineffective and often questionable leadership capabilities (with the exception of Technical/R&D roles). Non-existent on-boarding process. Lack of vision and communication between ASC and Saudi Aramco. Political/Hierarchal organization (refrain from addressing organizational gaps and contributing ideas).

Advice to Senior ManagementOil reserves are a gift, but character is a choice.

Research Geophysicist at Exepc ARC Saudi Aramco, Houston Research Center

Research Geophyscist (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Prosnational company, steady, not a lot work, never laid off

Conspoor salary to new empolyees, few staff and training class in Houston, or other place around the world.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I have a scholarship with Saudi Aramco

Petroleum Engineer Sholarship (Current Employee) Baton Rouge, LA

ProsI reached to them after high school. They have a restricted program for scholarship mostly for Saudi Students. Now I study Petroleum Engineering at LSU (Louisiana State University). The program is excellent, they provide every thing from monthly salary ( more than $2000) which increase by 15% when you finish half your major. They also take care of the tuition and they provide book allowance each semester that is $ 1000. The pay a close attention to their student with a visit each semester and a private meeting with each student to check up on them. They give also rewards each semester for those who perform well that ranges from ( 500$ to 1000$) depending on their GPA. At the last summer of your study, they refer their student to some of the large companies in U.S to do an internship. For me I have been offered Baker Hughes,Schlumberger and Exxon and I did an interview with BH and got accepted last week

ConsSome times it is not easy to get a response from your supervisor. They give me a hard time when i try to ask for some information or permission to drop or add other courses. Also, it is true they provide an insurance but it lacks dental coverage.

Advice to Senior ManagementLove you guys, for the time being .. hhhhhhhhhhh

Fulfilling technical, commercial, and operational requirements over most of 22 years in Saudi Arabia and the US.

Technical Leader (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsI enjoyed working overseas and it was similar to my 13 years at Caltex (eight in Bahrain), but included one of the most magnificent desserts in the world. Also my family and I were always treated with consideration and rewards for work well done.

ConsWhile praise and salary are appreciated, one must accept that they are developing a huge number of young, well educated people to a World-class level of project work, leaving expatriates in place to assist in the development of their young people. Also, much of the freedom an expatriate had always felt in years past is currently constrained due to the well known political difficulties the Middle-Eastern countries are facing.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Good place to start and learn.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLots of learning opportunities, great courses to get free of charge.

ConsToo much favoritizing and it's who you know which is wrong! POLITICS everywhere and if you disagree, you are OUT!

Advice to Senior ManagementBe humble, it's not always about the big dogs!

Intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat work place and benefits

ConsIn some cases job title doesn't reflect responsibilities and tasks

national company, secured job forever

Research Geophysicist (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Prosbest of best benefits for experienced hires, especially for whoms will retire soon

Consnon-expericed for graduate level new hires

Bureaucratic in processes

ProsHigh growth operations
    Total comp package

ConsTighten up on hiring processes
    Benchmark their expat comp elements - premium

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more nimble and less hierarchial

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Monetary benefits not bad, stress, and management incompetencies high, political mess

ProsMonetary benefits
    Safe and secure for kids and families

ConsFrozen Career path
    several layers of managements, and silos between divisions, departments, organisations and business lines that you feel helpless and stressed

Advice to Senior Managementreduce layers of mgmt. and stop the nonsense

Worked for Saudi Aramco? Contribute to the Community!