Saudi Aramco

Updated January 24, 2015
Updated January 24, 2015

Saudi Aramco President and CEO Khalid A. Al-Falih
Khalid A. Al-Falih

Pros
  • Great work-life balance and good place to raise a family (in 9 reviews)

• Good Pay for All local, and expats (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • There is differentiation between salaries based on nationality (in 3 reviews)

• Middle management is what will bring this company down (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Got out quick

Former Employee - Finance Administrator in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)
    Former Employee - Finance Administrator in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)

I worked at Saudi Aramco full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It is not a long flight back to the UK. They make it clear real quick once after arrival that what will be delivered as housing is going to be nothing like they misled you into believing prior to coming. Advice to those thinking to come don't burn any bridges before you leave as it is highly likely that you wished you had options out.

Cons

Very nice up until the time I stepped of the air plane, then it all changed. Unimaginable how such a large company can be so deceptive.

If you want a good environment for you family then this is not the place for you, a lack of housing and none available in the Aramco Camp. The recruiters are pushing on as hard as ever however. Management has launched a slow down in completing any housing for employees due to the low oil price, but still they are recruiting. Sub standard out of compound housing is all you will get. Think twice, three times before you damage your career.

Low down dirty trick employment policies don't make for loyal employees,

Be careful what they offer you because that may change when you get there

I have been working at Saudi Aramco

Pros

Maybe salary is better not extraordinary compare to haedahips you will encounter

Cons

Almost everything they offered me job in one location and accordingly the housing but once I got there I found out my job is really middle of nowhere as well the housing.
    Too much favoriteism and politics

When hiring individuals from west be open dont just show the bright side but based on your experince let them know the downside eg. Housing issues commuring issues no carrier advancement etc.

most interactive

I have been working at Saudi Aramco

Pros

good to work with multi country expats and good experience

Cons

difficult environment outside the office, hard rules and regulations.

good to keep these much expats

Operator || oil /gas

Former Employee - Operator || Oil/Gas in Al Jubayl, Eastern Province (Saudi Arabia)

I worked at Saudi Aramco full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Seeking a challenging position in a dynamic environment to strive for betterment of the organization which provides me an opportunity to reach and exhibit best of my abilities to grow with job.

Cons

It is a country inside Saudi Arabia country.

The work itself is on the flow and we will never stop Aramco. On the other, the management effects company employees positively or negatively.

Deceptive, tricky and mean. BEWARE

Current Employee - Industrial Skills Trainer in Dhahran (Saudi Arabia)
    Current Employee - Industrial Skills Trainer in Dhahran (Saudi Arabia)

I have been working at Saudi Aramco full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Bahrain is not too far away, and there are many people here who may well have been tricked just like you will have been if you turn up and have believed the absolute bull dust that the employment services division has fed you during the recruitment phase.

Cons

You may well be faced with comments such as
    * " oh you are the first person to ever complain about noise, even though we placed you next to a 10 lane express way we never thought it would be an issue." or
    * "We know that your accommodation is nothing like you were shown but suck it up, you can't do anything about it now, we are above the law." or
    * " We know it has taken 6 months and your family still does not have a visa, but don't rush me I need to meditate after lunch" or
    *"I'm going to give you a traffic violation because you did not dip your head lights early enough when approaching a check point, Its only going to effect your pay by a couple of percent so suck it up and remember to dip your head light next time" or
    *" We know when we hired you that you made it clear were not allowed to drive due to medical issues, but one of your co workers doesn't like to leave the office so we have decided you should ignore the doctor and drive anyway, either that or leave what do you prefer"
    Believe it or not these are real statements.

Poor performance, real poor.
    Why are you still hiring new people when you don't have housing to put them in and the oil price is plummeting. You know you are going to have to slash places soon, start to face reality.

Very strict, no room to move or innovate

I have been working at Saudi Aramco full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

benefits and compensation are good. got to utilize some of the new technologies

Cons

no career progress, no learning o f new skills

Trust and give more freedom to employees. establish accountability and responsibility

disorganized

Current Employee - Planning in Dhahran (Saudi Arabia)

I have been working at Saudi Aramco full-time (more than a year)

Pros

don't get attached to the work, therefore makes sure you always put family first. You know there is no chance of promotion so you wont be tempted to bust yourself trying

Cons

very little job satisfaction if any at all and the place is real real boring. Seriously you will not have been to such a boring place previously.

Work is chaotic as management do not like to make decisions until it is way to late to have any semblance of work.

All to get your backside on the seat

I have been working at Saudi Aramco

Pros

well when you start the money is fine, but forget any decent pay rises as with most things everything is devised to get your backside on the air plane seat to come, no real pay rises once you get here.

Cons

IT IS A CON!
    They work on the principal that once they trick you into resigning your job and coming that you have burnt your bridges and it is hard for you to leave. So they will work real hard to get you here and then treat you with disdain from day one.

Here are the facts
    1 The housing is sub standard, and you will not be given anything like what you see on the you tube videos they send.
    2 Your tech skill will die, you will become a generalist
    3 Very little consideration will be given to what your education and experience is in, they will put you in the most unappropriated roles for your experience.

Management consultant and leader development

I worked at Saudi Aramco

Pros

Great pay nada chance to travel

Cons

Very harsh climate. Slow to adapt to international business practices

Let expats have leader titles

Satisfied

I worked at Saudi Aramco

Pros

Good pay and Friendly environment

Cons

Job was part time due to the company bring out of the country