Sauer-Danfoss

Be The First To
Add Photos

Sauer-Danfoss President, CEO, and Director Sven Ruder

Sven Ruder

Amazing company...I learned so much from working for them and they provided me so many opportunities to do more.

Cell Expert-QA/QC and Safety (Former Employee) Lawrence, KS

ProsGreat engineering experience; the ability to achieve goals with different interests.

ConsSmall issues with communication and leadership, but really nothing that was a big deal.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork with time diversity among the shifts, i.e., if you are a first shift facilitator on a line, be open to working with and/or advising those on the other shifts-no hierarchy.

Plays favorites

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDecent amount of vacation time that increases with seniority.

ConsYou can only advance if you are in with the office personnel. Below average pay for the type of work performed. Self-insured insurance would hardly cover anything.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you make promises to the workers, live up to it.

Dysfunctional Foreigners

Sales Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsCompensation is 20% over the market.

ConsThey employ Americans for < 10 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange your citizenship if you want long term employment.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very technology advanced and forward thinking company.

Navigator (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsExcellent benefits, great people and competitive pay

ConsExcessive travel but ability to maintain your own schedule.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work! :)

I have worked at Sauer Danfoss for over 20 years.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Plymouth, MN

ProsFlexible Hours, Family Friendly, Great Culture.

ConsNot many, just little petty things that every company has.

Sauer-Danfoss degrades below Eaton's corporate culture.

Hydraulics Product Manager (Current Employee) Ames, IA

ProsSauer-Danfoss offers a competitive salary, even though its benefits package has been cost optimized over the last 5 years to bolster profits.

ConsAfter the merger in 2002 Sauer-Danfoss had a great culture, respected employees and family, but since then has spiraled down to a financially based machine in 2012 that uses employees, chews them up, and spits them out at any cost for bottom line profits. As they become a Danfoss only brand in 2013 to satisfy owner Mr. Clausen, this corporate machine will only progress as centralized functions are absorbed into Denmark, and non-centralized good employees and families will be left in his wake.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about employees.

Overall great company

Information Technology (Former Employee) Ames, IA

ProsGreat people to work with, challenging work, and opportunities for advancement. Salary was fair for Ames,Ia. Technology systems were current. Good work/life balance with the company - long days were the outliers.

ConsPolitics were obvious in some areas. Poor middle management for reviews, performance feedback. Some areas did not pull their weight with the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementErase middle management politics.

An organization that lives continuous change

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSupportive environment, forward thinking management, committed to continuous improvement, decent benefits. Internal talent is nurtured, though sometimes opportunities are limited.

ConsDrive for change sometimes leads to decisions that may not meet long term best interests of the business, occasional penchant for flavor of the month programs handed down by upper management.

Good beginnings, bad endings

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood opportunities to learn and grow - Lean, Six-Sigma, ...
    Travel to other countries
    Leadership roles and interface with Sr. Management
    Direct contact with customers

ConsSalaried employees expected to work a lot of hours overtime with little to no compensation.
    Not a good a family oriented mindset (company comes first).
    The Sauer-Danfoss way or the highway. The company is more is important than the person.
    Not transparent

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees are the most important asset of a company.

Good company with some great people. Much of my family has worked there over the years and many still do.

Production Operation Technician (Assembler) (Former Employee) Ames, IA

Pros-High value on personnel safety
    -Lots of great, quality workers
    -Can be a fun work environment if you like manufacturing

Cons-Some lower level management isn't the greatest
    -Some Engineers think they're better than the assembly workers who work on the product for 10 hours a day and won't bother to hear good feedback

Advice to Senior ManagementReview your lower level management once in awhile. Some of the Facilitators care more about boating and golf than their employees.

Worked for Sauer-Danfoss? Contribute to the Community!