Sava Senior Care

Sava Senior Care Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Pros
  • Flexible schedule, close to home(in 4 reviews)

• Your time is not micro-managed within the facility(in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • pay cuts, no respect even though the company has a RESPECT program(in 10 reviews)

• Unethical practice and conduct by some upper management and lack of respect and appreciation of employees(in 7 reviews)

A Great Place to Work

ADON (Current Employee) Annapolis, MO

ProsGreat teamwork, good education, friendly staff.

ConsLarge turn around, lots of call ins or lateness from staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more strict with policies.

RN

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Corpus Christi, TX

ProsGreat company! Has room for growth within the company. Excellent tools to work with. Staff is very friendly and knowledgable.

ConsNeed to give CNAs a raise for their hard work

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease consider pay rates competitive to other long tern care facilities

Fulfilling until recently

Therapist (Current Employee)

ProsI love the staff that I work with and I love our residents. Your time is not micro-managed within the facility. Management is friendly and receptive, for the most part. My direct team is excellent and my immediate supervisor is simply the best. The activities department is the best one that I have ever worked with in this type of facility.

ConsUpper management is making policies that are very difficult to live with, such as putting any sick time you have left at the end of the year into a bank that you can not get to unless you are out for more than 3 days and use up all other time you have. This way, when you resign, they do not have to pay you for it. Productivity must be met, even at your expense. We took a pay cut 3 years ago and have not received an increase since. However, the company is still buying new buildings. There is just a feeling of general disrespect for the working staff at this point.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider the fact that your staff members have bills that need to be paid and that the only thing going down these days is the monetary compensation from this company. Lunches, parties, and plaques are nice but you can not buy food or clothes with them. Many of us have multiple jobs which is stressful.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Inconsistent and Dysfunctional

Area Marketing Liaison (Former Employee)

ProsGreat salary and generous bonus structure. There are a handful of really dedicated and caring people who motivate you to try to stick it out and make positive changes.

ConsLacking structure and consistent communication. No follow-through. Constant back-biting and blame-game meetings spent looking for a scapegoat instead of addressing issues that need to be corrected. No long-term commitment to mission or vision.

Advice to Senior ManagementMiddle management needs an overhaul - a top down leadership approach with consistent follow-through. The vision communicated at the top gets lost when translated by onsite administrators who are only concerned about their bonuses or round table-ranking.

Look elsewhere.

ProsFlexible schedule, close to home. Sorry- that's about all.

ConsWhere to begin-- poor training, disorganized, revolving door of management staff- most less then competent, good employees overworked/ under staffed so they leave, lots of talk about improvements by administration but no follow through, questionable ethics of upper management, cliques within upper management so if you're "in" you don't have to fulfill your job duties or be accountable but if you're "out" be prepared to be scrutinized daily, witnessed staff being verbally abused by management on the nursing unit, inconsistency with policies and expectations- can change weekly, regional management walk through every few months and do nothing but criticize, no interest in staff concerns only the $$$.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up people!!!! Open your door, get out of your office and meetings and get on the floor. See what actually happens in the building and not what you think happens. Be open to constructive criticism as you are quick to criticize caregiving staff. I understand business is about the numbers but take the time to know your staff and your residents and truly put the patient/ resident first. Practice what you preach and show EVERY employee respect- that is your motto after all right?

Senior Management for Rehab has no clue

Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsGreat facility team. We all have each others back due to a great manager. Facility staff is also excellent

Conspay cuts, no respect even though the company has a RESPECT program. Rehab upper management is full of people who do not know what is happening in the field.

Advice to Senior Managementget rid of rehab upper management and start over. They do not practice what they preach.

all work and no pay

RCS (Current Employee) Annapolis, MD

Prosthe best reason to work there is the patients

Consno raises given out in 5 years plus took a 3% pay cut and were not truly explained why

Advice to Senior Managementstand up to these corporate big shots for all your staff who are doing the main care for these patients. one day it could be your mother or father that needs help and you would want them to receive good care. it takes a special type of person to do personal care for someone ,not everyone can do it. pay employees what there experience calls for

Could have been a wonderful experience but ...

Assistant Director of Nursing/Staff Development Coordinator (Former Employee) Alvin, TX

ProsThe best facility I have ever been a part of despite it being small. Nice family feel. Middle of the country. RCS take good care of residents. Residents are genuine. Residents are adequately cared for. Building smells nice 99% of the time. Housekeeping is pretty good. Doctors are down to earth. A good place for anyone up to a challenge. The people there made it worth the hours put in. Administrator easy to talk to, straight shooter. Tried to do the best for her team but hands tied by corporate. Everyone likes to eat ... they feed you well. Nurses week was wonderful. Always doing something for the staff. People are actually trying to have a great "second home" for everyone within the walls. If I would have made the salary he position requires based on required obligations and the work put in ... and if my checks were correct ... I could stay there for years. Fun environment. Senior management in the building was 4 stars but SAVA doesn't deserve to take credit for that. Extremely fast paced. Must be able to think and move fast, safe, and efficiently. Could have been a wonderful building with a great team but ...
    I'm going to miss EVERYONE that made my hard work worth every minute.

ConsADON doesn't qualify for stipend despite being salary and working 50-60 hours a week. Annual salary was that of an ADN nurse that is a new grad out of school. I have a BSN , 5 years LVN exp. 3 years RN. No training. Disorganized system. Paycheck was incorrect TWICE. Short $200+ the first and short $500+ the second time despite correctly submitting W4. No accountability for the error in payroll since it was Federal withholding. I specified I had 7 deductions and payroll didn't enter a single one. I worked 60 hours one week and earned a stipend for each shift I helped out with on the floor (Sava later rescinded the stipend for DON/ADON staff) but still paid what I earned on this check However, every single penny was carelessly deducted when my information for deductions was never processed. Took a pay cut by 15k+ for this position with Sava (never worked with Sava before ... never will again after this ) and checks were smaller than that of my previous LVN pay in home health. Must give 4 week notice for resigning. Nurses with 10+ years of exp are earning what I did 8 years ago as a new grad LVN. Must wait for a PRF before a person can be orientated and trained for a position. Under staffed for the amount of organized chaos that ensues on a daily basis. Nurses need help, often feel overwhelmed even with assistance of admin nurses. Not enough people available to do what is needed in a timely manner each day without working 12+ hours on salary. Sava is not on the same page as its clinicians within the walls. Corporate asks for success and does not equip its staff to be successful. Corporate identifies its staff with a PRF and a $$$ instead of having a range and figuring out where the individual fits. I worked 50 hours a week for 3 weeks and 60 hours my 4th week and still couldn't get my work done ... quicksand there. The deeper you dig to fix a problem, the bigger the hole gets. You earn a salary for being the "assistant bus driver" but must also be "the mechanic" and "gardener" but don't receive anything extra for going above and beyond your 40 hours in monetary compensation to do the other open jobs that still don't have PRFs or PEOPLE!

Advice to Senior ManagementPayroll should be organized and employee files should be audited within 72 hours of hiring to ensure EVERYTHING is received and processed appropriately. Staff should be paid appropriately. PRFs should not take precedent over immediate need. Corporate needs to empty their pockets and provide more staff. Go to nursing school so you understand what a nurse goes through. Get with it or eventually you will go out of business building by building when state tags you. Shame on you Sava. People are more than a PRF and a $$$ in your budget. There are hardworking people, like myself, that put in far more than what should be allowed on salary, only because my fellow nurses, staff, and residents deserve a great building with strong leaders and a positive, nurturing, fulfilling environment. The compassionate mentality in that building is only because of the people in it. Sava, you don't get the credit.

NO performance evals nor raises.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Goldsboro, NC

ProsFlexible schedule. Clean building. Short commute.

ConsIn the three years employed here, all the employees had a 3% pay DECREASE with promise to consider returning the pay the next year. In the three years employed here, we have had no yearly performance evaluation nor pay increase. When our supervisor went to their supervisor with concern about no evaluation nor raise, the area supervisor said they had not had one either and has not been discussed again in the last year. All the other area employers gave their employees raises the past three years totaling 9-15% but we have only had 3% decrease.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive yearly performance evaluations. Bring employees pay up to local salary standards. Match 401K contributions.

Good Company

Admissions Director (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsGreat for anyone to grow as a Sales Person. Great Sales Focus. Great comission Structure. Achievable goals. If you do your job, your bosses leave you alone.

ConsBuildings are difficult to work with and sell, but that is part of the industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on the buildings if you want to grow as a company. Invest into your employees and the buildings.

Worked for Sava Senior Care? Contribute to the Community!