Sava Senior Care

Updated December 13, 2014
Updated December 13, 2014
2.0

Tony Ogolsby

Pros
  • Flexible schedule, close to home (in 5 reviews)

• Those dedicated employees who still remain are hard-working and enthusiastic about potential positive changes (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • pay cuts, no respect even though the company has a RESPECT program (in 12 reviews)

• Amazing how middle management is brainwashed by the chaos and dysfunction from upper management (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Regional Director of Sales and Marketing

Former Employee - Regional Sales Director in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Director in Nashville, TN

I worked at Sava Senior Care full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Very supportive management team, always ensure staff is knowledgeable and keep training so employees are always aware and have knowledge to complete job and be successful. Benefits are a little high but do provide some of the best benefits. ever

Cons

not a lot of negative things to say.

keep up the good work

Terrific

I worked at Sava Senior Care full-time

Pros

great enviroment, great training, great leadership

Cons

none, everyone and company culture very team oriented

The job is too hard for the payout

Current Employee - Laundry Attendant in Pasadena, TX
    Current Employee - Laundry Attendant in Pasadena, TX

I have been working at Sava Senior Care full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The residents and other employees within the company are very nice

Cons

The pay is an obvious reason. I am expected to leave early on a regular basis so I don't go over the 40 hours. Also, the people who are at the top of the job chain within the building never acknowledge you

Give the help when you say your going to help. Don't have laundry employees doing housekeeping on the side. Listen to advice we are trying to give you to help things run more smoothly

Watch out for favoritism

Former Employee - LVN in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - LVN in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Sava Senior Care full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Staff helpful, decent pay, good hours. Made great friends, enjoyed work.

Cons

Favoritism among several management and certain nurses, setup for failure for new nurses, no pay raises, no medical insurance for spouses.

No consideration for loyalty and little concern for employees

Former Employee - Human Resources Coordinator
    Former Employee - Human Resources Coordinator

I worked at Sava Senior Care full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Room for advancement. Sava likes to promote from within. Some nice people to work with. Individual facilities differ but the facility that I worked at was filled with wonderful family of employees. Corporate management whoever was a different story. The facility administrator plays a large role in the treatment of staff

Cons

Corporate management is definitely geared for profit only with little concern for the facility residents or staff. No Human Resource employees on a facility level so facility management and employees (many of whom are computer-limited) have to manage things for themselves. This results in many benefits being missed or denied. (Which I think was the corporate intention).

Your residents and your staff are the backbone of your company. You need to put them at the forefront of your planning. Instead of constantly trying to cut benefits to both residents and staff, try reducing the large meetings for corporate leadership - the huge conference in April in Atlanta, and the CEO roundtable trip. Do your Administrators really need to get free Ipods, kindles, designer sunglasses, etc delivered to their luxury hotel room daily during the CEO roundtable trip. Couldn't that money be used for your line staff employees who can't live on the wage you pay?

Sometimes great, Sometimes awful

Former Employee - CNA in Durango, CO
    Former Employee - CNA in Durango, CO

I worked at Sava Senior Care full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay is consistent, bonuses are easy to get. they have amazing physical therapy and restorative care for residents, and dining options for residents are good. At a job like this, you should know it will be hard work, but the perks are really in how they treat the residents.

Cons

Not enough funding for facilities, time off has to be bartered for, management and corporate is hard to work with. Short staffing is a constant issue.

Who cares about loyalty!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Sava Senior Care full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I learned a whole lot while I was at Sava for 12 years. I was able to work my way up to a certain point and then management changed and everyone stopped caring about the employees. During both pregnancies, the flexibility was amazing.............I owe that to my direct manger(s) only!!

Cons

When management changed, it went down hill, and the company could care less about keeping their good employee's. During my tenure the company was bought out by 3 different companies, changing names, etc. Sava made no effort to keep their employee's. All the "incentive" programs were in the facilities, not the shared services office. Would not recommend this company for a long term career or investment. Not a loyal company to their employees.

Realize the employee you have and figure out how to keep them. They are loyal, but Sava is NOT.

Underwhelming employment experience.

I worked at Sava Senior Care

Pros

Good wages. Good co-workers. The residents and their families.

Cons

Felt very unappreciated. Management was unqualified & inexperienced which was proven time and time again. Left strictly related to the management.

Attempt to connect with your staff. Stay professional and lead.

Great company

I worked at Sava Senior Care

Pros

Good communication, an its a great place to Work,the employer & the employees are very helpful an very friendly. I would recommend them to everyone in the healthcare field.

Cons

I don't really have any cons,like I said I enjoyed working for that company, so I can't think of anything that I didn't agree with,as far as the company is concern.

N/A

My first, and worse, nursing experience.

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Madison Heights, MI
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Madison Heights, MI

I worked at Sava Senior Care part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The money was good. The work hours were available. Very little on the job drama. There were a few competent/seasoned nurses who didn't mind answering novice questions.

Cons

The administrator is completely incompetent. The DON and ADON seats are like revolving doors. There is rarely a staffed treatment nurse. The majority of the RCA's are lazy.