Savvee Consulting, Inc.
www.savvee.biz Chantilly, VA 50 to 149 Employees

Savvee Consulting, Inc. Reviews

Updated Jun 25, 2014
Savvee Consulting, Inc. – Chantilly – “Front door”

Daniel Askin

Pays the bills

Enterprise Architect (Former Employee)

Pros- Flexible work environment

- Good benefits package

- Respectful and cordial atmosphere

Cons- Lack of true leadership

- Lack of creative work environment

- Disparate team geographic locations

- Backward thinking technology policies

Advice to Senior ManagementI think senior leadership is much too hands-off and reactive if anything. Its either a "go with the flow" or lead yourself environment.

My opinion is general is that what likely started as a sincere focus on customer service over work quality has lead to a general complacency with status quo work practices and the mentality that lower quality work is acceptable as long as its delivered with a good attitude.

Small Company Great Pay Decent Benefits

Senior Budget Analyst (Current Employee)
    Chantilly, VA

ProsThis is a decent company to be so small. They pay pretty well and the benefits are okay.

ConsThey are pretty strict on their leave policy and I do not feel as though employees are compensated with enough leave. The annual review is a pretty tedious process and management tends to force employees to lower their self evaluation rating; which ends up hurting the employees' chance in getting a decent pay increase. Although they start out with a great salary, you're pretty much stuck with that salary until you change jobs and they do not offer tuition reimbursement. It is rare that the company will pay for training and if so, they make it so difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be nice to receive better compensation as it relates to pay increases. Also, additional leave and tuition reimbursement may improve employee satisfaction.

I enjoyed the chance to work the client that we had( NCIS)

ITAM Project Assistant/Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee)
    Quantico, VA

ProsLearn a lot about I.T. that I did not know .And enjoyed the people that meet while working their some are now references.

ConsEnd of the contract with (NCIS ) Headquarters Quantico Va.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Solid leadership, pay and benefits

(Former Employee)

ProsSavvee puts their employees in positions in which they can succeed. The leadership has a solid vision for the future and cares about their employees. The pay and 401K exceed the market place as well as time off with sick leave.

ConsSavvee needs to adopt a telework policy to strengthen its work-life benefits compared to competitors.

Great place to work!

Project Manager (Former Employee)
    Chantilly, VA

ProsSavvee has a culture of true service you don't often see in consulting firms, their CEO focuses on controlled growth to ensure quality employees versus being a body shop and it pays off. My co-workers were by far the best part of my job, I was surrounded by people who cared about what they were doing and wanted to be there. Although Savvee is not a huge company with a ton of contracts, management tries to promote from within before looking outside which gave me several opportunities for advancement. Over my 4 plus years with Savvee I felt like I learned something new every day and had outstanding support from its leaders. I would not have left there if I wasn’t moving out of state due to my spouse’s job relocation. Lastly they are very military friendly! I encourage other veterans to look here if they are interested in IT governance.

ConsWhile not a con for me, Savvee is not as rigidly structured as some larger companies which some people prefer

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to ensure high standards for new hires

Supportive leadership and skilled coworkers

Arlington, VA

Pros- As a relatively small company, Savvee puts few barriers between its consultants and the headquarters staff.

- Compensation is more than fair, particularly for employees just entering the job market or with limited experience.

- Often outstanding, skilled coworkers present an opportunity for mentoring and personal growth.

- Savvee leadership generally does a good job of placing employees where they best fit and finding alternative positions when a contract ends.

Cons- There could be more frequent interaction, including communications meeting and cross-training, between off-site, on-site, and executive staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue treating your consultants well. No one can market the company to the customer better than a happy employee, and no one damages the company's reputation more quickly and permanently than a disgruntled one.

Good Place To Work

Washington, DC

ProsGood people to work with. Very good benefits package. Manager positions are mostly promotions from within. Work in teams and don't feel like you're out on an island. High retention so you can work with the same teammates for years. Very happy where I'm at and hope to continue to grow here for many years to come.

ConsAs a small company the training budget is not very big. Usually if training is justified they send one team member and they come back and give an internal training. The same goes for conferences.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to keep a small company feel. Continue to hold team building events so that all the contracts can mingle together.

A Place To Grow Your Career With Stability

IT Business Analyst (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

Pros- Long-term work (most contracts are 5+ years)
    - Good co-workers
    - Strong information sharing across contracts (share templates and processes)
    - Good mentorship provided to new employees
    - Support and recognition from management
    - Very good benefits and compensation
    - They look for people that want to stay and grow within the company long-term and avoid hiring people that like to jump around
    - Most leadership positions are promotions from within the existing staff/company

Cons- Not a place to go if you're looking for a highly structured career advancement. It's not like large companies where you get put on a career path and hit levels where you have a number after your title.
    - Not a lot of external training, which is to be expected from a small company. Generally one person goes out for training and brings back the knowledge to share with teammates through briefings, trip reports, and brown bags.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue team building activities so that everyone continues to know everyone on other contracts as the company continues to grow. Don't lose that small company feeling, for example the winter holiday party is usually held at the office with lots of fun, games, and prizes. Don't get like other companies that go to a restuarant and no one socializes.

The rate of attrition says it all

Washington, DC

ProsBenefits, good people to work with.

ConsDead end job. No opportunity to advance. Several reviews on this site were posted by senior management...

Advice to Senior ManagementToo many people have left the company in the past several months. There's obviously a problem. It's your job to figure it out.

Great place to advance to upper management for younger employees

Chantilly, VA

ProsLow stress, treat employees with respect, advancement, great co workers, good benefits for small company, relaxed environment, good access to upper management

ConsCould have a better defined training program, lacking a formal mentor program, some tough customers to work for, defined bonus plan

Advice to Senior ManagementHave better defined policies that everyone is required to follow. Define career paths and want is needed to advance in the company

Worked for Savvee Consulting, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Savvee Consulting, Inc. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Savvee Consulting, Inc. CEO Daniel Askin. All 15 reviews posted anonymously by Savvee Consulting, Inc. employees.