Savvee Consulting, Inc.

Pays the bills

Former Employee - Enterprise Architect
    Former Employee - Enterprise Architect

I worked at Savvee Consulting, Inc. full-time

Pros

- Flexible work environment

- Good benefits package

- Respectful and cordial atmosphere

Cons

- Lack of true leadership

- Lack of creative work environment

- Disparate team geographic locations

- Backward thinking technology policies

I think senior leadership is much too hands-off and reactive if anything. Its either a "go with the flow" or lead yourself environment.

My opinion is general is that what likely started as a sincere focus on customer service over work quality has lead to a general complacency with status quo work practices and the mentality that lower quality work is acceptable as long as its delivered with a good attitude.

Lack of morality!

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Savvee Consulting, Inc. as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Find a new company to work for FAST!

The CEO is a wonderful man but really has no clue how his management team really behaves. He's definitely blindsided by them.

Cons

Lack of good leadership.

Lack of care.

All personal information is discussed among others which is a violation of privacy.

Management is a joke.

HR has no clue what they are doing and lack professionalism.

One manager will tell you one thing until they get caught, then it's, "I didn't say that."

Training what training.

If they don't like you watch out, they have their favorites.

The entire team needs to be revamped starting with HR and the company administrator. I've never come across so many mean spirited people in my life. Very High School!

Stagnate Company...

Former Employee - Enterprise Architect/Portfolio Management/PM in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Enterprise Architect/Portfolio Management/PM in Chantilly, VA

I worked at Savvee Consulting, Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation is competitive, pretty understanding with work life balance issues.

Cons

Lack of leadership, lack of standardization, and lack of communication. It's a family owned business, so family members/favorites receive privileges than others. They've had two contracts since the inception of the company, so not good for job security. There is no opportunity to grow your career.

Leverage a 360 degree performance review for management.

Small Company Great Pay Decent Benefits

Current Employee - Senior Budget Analyst in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Budget Analyst in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Savvee Consulting, Inc. full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This is a decent company to be so small. They pay pretty well and the benefits are okay.

Cons

They are pretty strict on their leave policy and I do not feel as though employees are compensated with enough leave. The annual review is a pretty tedious process and management tends to force employees to lower their self evaluation rating; which ends up hurting the employees' chance in getting a decent pay increase. Although they start out with a great salary, you're pretty much stuck with that salary until you change jobs and they do not offer tuition reimbursement. It is rare that the company will pay for training and if so, they make it so difficult.

It would be nice to receive better compensation as it relates to pay increases. Also, additional leave and tuition reimbursement may improve employee satisfaction.

I enjoyed the chance to work the client that we had( NCIS)

Former Employee - ITAM Project Assistant/Warehouse Assistant in Quantico, VA
    Former Employee - ITAM Project Assistant/Warehouse Assistant in Quantico, VA

I worked at Savvee Consulting, Inc. full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Learn a lot about I.T. that I did not know .And enjoyed the people that meet while working their some are now references.

Cons

End of the contract with (NCIS ) Headquarters Quantico Va.

N/A

Solid leadership, pay and benefits

I worked at Savvee Consulting, Inc.

Pros

Savvee puts their employees in positions in which they can succeed. The leadership has a solid vision for the future and cares about their employees. The pay and 401K exceed the market place as well as time off with sick leave.

Cons

Savvee needs to adopt a telework policy to strengthen its work-life benefits compared to competitors.

Great place to work!

Former Employee - Project Manager in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Chantilly, VA

I worked at Savvee Consulting, Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Savvee has a culture of true service you don't often see in consulting firms, their CEO focuses on controlled growth to ensure quality employees versus being a body shop and it pays off. My co-workers were by far the best part of my job, I was surrounded by people who cared about what they were doing and wanted to be there. Although Savvee is not a huge company with a ton of contracts, management tries to promote from within before looking outside which gave me several opportunities for advancement. Over my 4 plus years with Savvee I felt like I learned something new every day and had outstanding support from its leaders. I would not have left there if I wasn’t moving out of state due to my spouse’s job relocation. Lastly they are very military friendly! I encourage other veterans to look here if they are interested in IT governance.

Cons

While not a con for me, Savvee is not as rigidly structured as some larger companies which some people prefer

Continue to ensure high standards for new hires

Supportive leadership and skilled coworkers

Current Employee - Consultant in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Savvee Consulting, Inc. full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- As a relatively small company, Savvee puts few barriers between its consultants and the headquarters staff.

- Compensation is more than fair, particularly for employees just entering the job market or with limited experience.

- Often outstanding, skilled coworkers present an opportunity for mentoring and personal growth.

- Savvee leadership generally does a good job of placing employees where they best fit and finding alternative positions when a contract ends.

Cons

- There could be more frequent interaction, including communications meeting and cross-training, between off-site, on-site, and executive staff.

Continue treating your consultants well. No one can market the company to the customer better than a happy employee, and no one damages the company's reputation more quickly and permanently than a disgruntled one.

Good Place To Work

Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Savvee Consulting, Inc.

Pros

Good people to work with. Very good benefits package. Manager positions are mostly promotions from within. Work in teams and don't feel like you're out on an island. High retention so you can work with the same teammates for years. Very happy where I'm at and hope to continue to grow here for many years to come.

Cons

As a small company the training budget is not very big. Usually if training is justified they send one team member and they come back and give an internal training. The same goes for conferences.

Continue to keep a small company feel. Continue to hold team building events so that all the contracts can mingle together.

The rate of attrition says it all

Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Savvee Consulting, Inc.

Pros

Benefits, good people to work with.

Cons

Dead end job. No opportunity to advance. Several reviews on this site were posted by senior management...

Too many people have left the company in the past several months. There's obviously a problem. It's your job to figure it out.

Savvee Consulting, Inc. Photos