Sazze Reviews

CEO

1. A Great Working Experience

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Sazze full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sazze offers a huge room for learning and allows you to challenge yourself. Its hard to get bored because you find yourself working on multiple projects which is whats great about start ups. Everyone is young and friendly and gung-ho about what they do! It's refreshing to work with others who are passionate and motivated to reach their greatest potentials. Sazze sets up a family environment, walking together after lunch or setting up company outtings, that is very generous on their part and a great way to keep a smile on everyone's face. The company has grown so much! Starting when the staff was around 10 people, it is almost emotional to see the amount of progress the company has made. I believe Sazze has great potential to be on top and with the rate that its going, there's no stopping them! Did I mention there's an unlimited supply of gum and loads on loads of snacks? BBQs, hot dog parties, and insanely high-calorie birthday cakes are a must at at Sazze. So by keeping your mind open and your stomach empty, you will surely have an awesome ride at this company.

Cons

The only thing I would consider con-ing about is waking up at 7:30 am. BUT the fact that you get to leave at 4:30 is no complain at all! You tend to get use to it and I just advise taking advantage of the espresso machine and the boxes of red bull.

Good for getting in the industry, but wouldn't suggest working here

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

I worked at Sazze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great co-workers and down-to-earth peers - Fully stocked kitchen

Cons

- Bad Management - Crazy Hours (7:30am - 6pm or later, and looked down upon for leaving on time and being late in the mornings) - Everyone is so busy getting the large amounts of work done, no one has time to teach you anything. Everything is done by yourself flying by the seat of your pants. Do not expect hands-on help. - Chaotic structure - Such quick changes you are always confused. No concept of planning/forethought - Very bad pay - Extremely high expectations, lectures about passion and manipulation to make you work longer and harder then you should

Advice to Management

I understand the start-up culture being at a couple start-ups now, and yours is the most unstructured I have experienced. I would suggest some planning and forethought, and having more trust in your employees research and observations.

Good perks, low pay

Current Employee - Web Content Manager in Campbell, CA
    Current Employee - Web Content Manager in Campbell, CA

I have been working at Sazze part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of food and most of the employees are friendly. Good place to learn lots of different skills for future jobs. Friendly working environment.

Cons

Upper management tries to impress you with the fancy office, catered food, and kitchen but they do not compensate enough on the pay. If you do the work you are given and ask for more responsibilities, the supervisors will tell you they will give you more responsibilities but they don't. I was under utilized and payed the price for it because the upper management saw that I wasn't contributing enough and I was let go. They also favor certain employees over others. A new employee came in with basically no prior experience and got paid higher than I did with more responsibilities. I had over a year of experience in my department and the new employee was a mail carrier in his previous job. Nothing wrong with that, but he did not deserve a higher pay than the people who worked there longer. The new employee eventually started delegating duties to the more experienced team members which was unfair. The upper management like this new employee so they treated him better than the other team members.

Advice to Management

Have transparency with your employees especially if you have to let them go. They didn't have the courage to tell me that I was being let go for the wrong reasons. It was an illegal termination and they asked another employee to tell me I was being let go without any notice beforehand.

5. Great company! Top culture, fun co-workers and interesting projects.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Sazze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Basics: The company offers full benefits and free lunch/snacks. If you need to stay late they also order dinner in. On top of these daily perks, the company has regular contests, BBQs and other small perks. Experience: Like most startups, everyone here needs to wear multiple hats but unlike most startups, the company really invests in training people in almost any field in which they want to grow. Want to learn SEO, they send you to SMX, want to become a developer, apprentice with the dev team. I actually saw an employee start with an accounting background and leave as a software developer. I can't think of many better places to launch or build a career. Culture/Team: The team at Sazze is incredibly supportive/fun. We don't have any bad apples and I think everyone works hard to keep it that way. When it comes to culture, Sazze is pretty unique. On the one hand, Sazze has a long standing, stable and profitable business line but on the other hand, Sazze is constantly dreaming up and trying out new ideas. This is a fantastic mix because it means the company has the entrepreneurial spirit and energy of a startup but it doesn't have the same kind of "will the company make payroll this week?" stress.

Cons

There really aren't too many cons. I think the biggest "con" is that people who aren't self driven will find it hard to succeed here because everyone else (including management) has too much to do to make sure that everyone else is getting their work done.

Advice to Management

Echoing a prior reviewer, the company is split into a few functional groups but the communication between groups isn't always great. (We're moving to a new open office, which I think might help with this).

6. Great place to work if you want to make an impact

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Sazze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I think the best thing about working at Sazze is the ability to make an impact. Leadership is very open to the ideas of new projects and opportunites, as long as you have thought through them beforehand. The ability to work for a start-up company that is stable is a big benefit, and allows for much more creative freedom to try new things. I would say if you want to make an impact, build something, and work in a fast moving company then Sazze will work for you. You learn a ton, and if you didn't know how to do something at first, there is a good chance that you are going to end up learning how to do it. That's what I like, the constant learning and challenges, it keeps work interesting and allows me to widen my skill sets. Work-Life Balance: The work-life balance is good, and the company is very flexible with time off. We do start work early, though this allows us to get more done in the morning while having a good part of the day left when you get home. Perks: We get free lunches, snacks, and your internet and cell phone paid. We do have company parties/bbqs every quarter or so as well.

Cons

I don't have a lot of cons to be honest. If the office had a gym that would be nice, though we are moving to a new office which I think has one.

Advice to Management

Sazze is comprised of a couple different divisions, and I think it might be nice to have some place where we can learn about what everyone is working on. I think this would provide a good way for everyone to keep up with the different divisions, and learn of any new opportunites.

Just a stepping stone - don't stay more than 1.5 years. Get your experience and move on!

I worked at Sazze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free lunch, snacks, beverages and perks like cell phone/internet reimbursement, bonuses at the end of the year, good benefits.

Cons

No one has equity or stocks. Employees tend to be underpaid. Works starts at 7:30 am sharp for almost everyone. However, it's frowned upon to leave work at 4:30, after exactly 8 hours of work. Management is super unorganized and has terrible communication skills. Your goals and expectations will change every few months, and without much direction. No one has any idea what your hours are like - they will keep piling on the work without knowing your schedule is already overloaded.

Advice to Management

1. Check out salary.com sometime! We're all underpaid. 2. Stop giving the "passion" speech about how this company's more important than our own friends and family. None of us have equity or stocks. Why would we care as much as you do? 3. Learn to understand what each employee's schedule is like. When you realize they have way too much work, don't tell them that the only solution is to "work more hours." 4. When you promote someone, you always give them a raise. Otherwise, it's not a promotion. It's punishment - more work, more stress for the same pay.

RSS Feed </> Embed