Scalability Experts Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.4
Rajinder Gill

Pros
  • It truly is a great place to work at (in 4 reviews)

• This is a challenging place and there are a lot of smart people who will question you and challenge you (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • rates for the cities where i travel, so that actually works out good, as i don't have to submit receipts (in 3 reviews)

• travelling can be hectic, but overall the new ways to book travel and allowances is a great (in 2 reviews)

Excellent Company for Technically advanced Consultants.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Scalability Experts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall a great place to work, lots of freedom with projects to chose from, good management and nice coworkers. Excellent, professional culture. Some of the benefits are travel site and flexibility with scheduling projects during the week, sometimes instead of flying out Monday i can kickoff a project Tuesday. this helps a lot with back to back project schedules. Overall very good company.

Cons

travelling can be hectic, but overall the new ways to book travel and allowances is a great. I get paid Per Diem based on govt. rates for the cities where i travel, so that actually works out good, as i don't have to submit receipts.

Advice to Management

good job

What you make of it

Former Employee - Consultant in Coppell, TX
    Former Employee - Consultant in Coppell, TX

I worked at Scalability Experts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Potential for growth. Ability to Work with other intelligent people. Work in a wide variety of environments - including Large Fortune 500 customers.

Cons

Travel / Expense Policy is very restrictive - especially in major cities where many of our customers are located. Short Notice Travel is more prevalent than desired.

Advice to Management

You have some bright employees. Trust them to make the right decisions.

Right size, brilliant colleagues, amazing culture and abundant opportunity to grow

Current Employee - Senior BI Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior BI Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Scalability Experts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with this company for many years and I can't think of a year when I was not happy with what I am doing. It is exciting and an honor to be contributing to building a great company that is such a desirable place to work.

Cons

This is a travel based consulting organization so that might not be right for everyone, some may prefer working for a software company or industry IT job.

Advice to Management

Keep in tact the core values and unique culture as the company enters the next phase of growth.

Great place to acquire a variety of professional experience, while working with people you can trust.

Current Employee - Senior BI Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior BI Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Scalability Experts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Senior leadership has consistently stood by me in difficult situations with clients and personal life. I have always felt valued as a person and an employee,both through direct conversations and recognition through promotions and compensation. My co-workers were talented and motivated. The senior leadership kept employees informed on strategy and performance. They take performance management seriously.

Cons

I don't have any major cons to share.

Advice to Management

Keep following the People First value!! manage growth and hire more people!

SE is a fun place to work

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in West Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in West Chicago, IL

I have been working at Scalability Experts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work hard and play hard mentality is great. Office culture is fantastic. Senior leadership is driven at the same time also reachable. The overall culture of the firm is friendly, fun, and high-energy.

Cons

Folks works hard and long hours. Travel expectations can be very high at times. Not as much opportunity as larger firms offer. but if you like a small medium size company with great culture then this is the right company for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the hiring.

Get it done... mentality helps thrive innovation and progression

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Miami, FL

I have been working at Scalability Experts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with the company for a number of years and I have to say its awesome working for a group of people that care so much about the customer and the whole 'get it done' mentailty. I have learned and ton and look forward to more knowledge and execution with data management. Some of the stuff this company is doing around BigData and DBaaS is just amazing.

Cons

None that I cna think of. Once in a while there are some rumors about changes in top management but since I have been with the company all changes i have seen have been positive impact on me and the emplyees.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work and always keep customer first in priority.

Right company to be in if you want a career, not just an 8 to 5 job

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Scalability Experts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent, approachable management, open to ideas, welcome contributions from employees, extremely understanding when it comes to personal issues and emergencies and willing to go an extra mile by giving time off and comp time. Training investments to help you grow professionally. I was with the company for five years and had to leave due to relocation. I am looking to join the company back as I really miss the challenges of great technical projects. the small family type atmosphere is really great and I miss the intellect of my peers. I have never had a job this challenging and rewarding.

Cons

Booking travel used to be really troublesome but I have heard the company has rolled out an enterprise travel site and you can do your own travel now. Which will be great. Also we used to have company meetings twice a year and now I beleive there is just one big company meeting. I liked meeting my peers twice a year ... company meetings are real fun...

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. I am really honored to have worked for this organization and i hope I get to work for SE again.

Probably the perfect job i wanted to have

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Scalability Experts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

i just joined this company and I already impressed. its really what i wanted to take on at this juncture of my carrier. its a comfortable, no hassle environment where i can thrive with my creativity and customer focus projects. Technically the people here are sharp. there is very little management overhead and I get to pick projects where I can shine. they are looking to hire aggressive over the next few months.

Cons

nothing i can think of, but the onboarding process of new employees can improve.

Advice to Management

keep up the growth.

Easily the best job I've ever had in the past decade

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Scalability Experts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great chance for hands on experience with a variety of work in the most curring edge technologies. You get excellent customer environments during the project and are rewarded based on what you put into it, there's a great chance for professional satisfaction at the completion of a project. Every project is surveyed for customer satisfaction if if you get 4.5 and higher you get rewarde with amex rewards. -SE does a great job of training and pairing you with a technical architects/ practice leads that can teach you new technologies as well as placing you on projects that are of an interest. -Work hard, play hard mentality and have fun at the same time. SE really seems to focus on hiring good culturally fit personalities as well as technical expertise. If you are not strong technical or not willing to invest in yourself then this is the wrong place for you. SE offers competitive pay and benefits

Cons

You can find yourself working for clients all over the country and the world. it long travels can get taxing some times. important thing is to keep resting and taking breaks between projects.

Advice to Management

I think it will be better to improve the SOWs to define the scopes a little bit better so when the consultants are onsite they are not having to get in to out of scope work.

very professional organization

Current Employee - Architect in North East, PA
    Current Employee - Architect in North East, PA

I have been working at Scalability Experts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very professional environment. Work is thoroughly done, approached in a well disciplined and appropriate manner. Good programs for work life balance . Very strong benefits but the pay is usually average although more or less competitive. You can learn a lot working here and it is a respect based environment. The company has been around over a decade and still manages to keep its enterpreneurial and start up mentality. No MICRO management, which I LOVE!

Cons

faces challenges typical to a small and medium sized company. its really for self starters and self reliant folks.

Advice to Management

i am very optimistic on the outlook of this company and want to be working here for many years to come, so keep up the great work.

RSS Feed </> Embed