Scanbuy

Mike Wehrs

An engineering paradise!

Former Employee - Overhead in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Overhead in New York, NY

I worked at Scanbuy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

* creative environment
    * collegiate atmosphere
    * employee input valued & needed

Cons

* lack of financial stability

Not Super Bad

Former Employee - Database Administrator in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Database Administrator in New York, NY

I worked at Scanbuy full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Ability to take on more responsibility beyond your job description, greater recognition for success, 100% telecommute, and decent salary and benefits.

Cons

The biggest con is whether or not the organization is going to survive another 6 months. A few months ago the company made some decisions that did not turn out to benefit the organization. In fact, these changes caused a sudden loss of cash. Thus, the company has been making a lot of drastic changes to cut costs. Layoffs have been the biggest one. I don't know the actual number, but I think that they have let go over half of their employees. The cost cutting also means that there are inadequate resources.

The other thing that I did not like about Scanbuy is the lack of management and direction. The "cost" cutting also meant a reduction in leadership. Once my manager left, the direction disappeared. It basically felt as though I was thrown into a company without having any idea what I should do.

I understand that the organizations is facing some serious financial issues, but I think that it is very important to make sure there is direction. From what I have seen, it seems like there is just a room full of chickens with their heads cutoff.

Intern

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Scanbuy as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

You learn a lot about mobile, you receive a reasonable hourly pay and travel stipend, they have company lunches and outings occasionally. The space is nice and the people are somewhat friendly. But very hardworking and ambitious.

Cons

Lack of organization, people are rude and inconsiderate of your time or what your working on. Everyone has an opinion and don't care on sharing it even without your approval. People cuss in the office and speak poorly at times about the business. Lack of financial security and as an intern you almost never get promoted unless your "liked." It doesn't seem to have anything to do with work ethic. And be prepared to do loads of work and manage yourself. And apologize for other people's mistakes. People are fake.

Treat you employees better and maybe they'd stay. Also be more organized something always isn't working. And not because someone is an intern means you can talk and treat them anyway. You need to work on the company culture as well. Things are way too relaxed and unstructured and I don't understand why your a "leader" and you guys don't have money.

Good to work but dont stay more than a year

Current Employee - Business Development - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Development - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Scanbuy full-time (less than an year)

Pros

nice culture, values, flexiblity

Cons

not much growth in any aspect