Scarab Consulting

2.0

Bob Gomes

A great learning experience

I worked at Scarab Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very generous compensation, friendly co-workers become your friends, health care benefits are great, and downtown location is ideal. You get out of this job what you put in! Work hard and try to make an impact and you truly can.

Cons

Scarab is not perfect but it is a company that has been fun, believes in it's product and attracts great people.

None. My manager was very good about listening and taking my thoughts and interests into consideration. It's refreshing to work in an environment where you feel like you're being heard and not merely treated like a number.

I worked at Scarab for less than 1 year

I worked at Scarab Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Middle management was great, cool office downtown, reduced price parking.

Cons

The turnover rate for Sales and Business Development was astronomically high and for good reason. You are hired as a consultant then placed into different roles with no guidance. Commission structures changed monthly so you could never overachieve to earn "unlimited commission." CEO and Business Development Director have no idea what is going on within the teams they're leading and there is such a disconnect.

Learn your employees name, there's 20 people in the office! Don't lie to your employees with empty promises. Set a goal for your employees and carry it out. The biggest thing, respect and trust your employees. I never got the sense that I was respected or appreciated.

Avoid at ALL Costs!!!!!!!!

I worked at Scarab Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

You become very close to your peers by suffering along side each other.

Cons

1. Management is Horrifying- They will speak and treat you worse than the dirt on their shoes. This also extends to those clients that are unfortunate enough to do work with them. Management and resources are shared by the companies Scarab Consulting and C-Level connections. Both are run in the most horrific management. Management was spawned from Satin himself. I have never experienced such a distasteful and unprofessional company atmosphere in my whole career. The company culture- conjured up by management- completely revolves on imposing petty schemes to turn people against each other, and invoking fear of job loss to provoke a better performance.
    2. Employment retention- While I suffered at this terrible company, I experienced a 60% turnover rate. MORE THAN HALF THE COMPANY QUIT OR GOT CANNED!!!! And later I found out this mass exodus had just happened the year before as well!!! Spare yourself the mental sanity.
    3.Pay is TERRIBLE- Literally the worst comp plans imaginable. They also require you to legally agree to terms that allow your comp plan to change at any time, with or with out notice, and as many times as they want. No matter what you signed onto at hiring.

Pack up and move out. Non of you are fit to hold a management position. I'm ashamed of you and your tactics. You should be ashamed of yourself too. It's disgusting how you treat people, and excuse it as professional coaching.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people, not so great management

I worked at Scarab Consulting

Pros

Everyone was actually pretty nice and friendly. Helpful and cheerful faces. Little distractions are provided from ones work.

Cons

There seems to be a high turnover rate, especially in the Sales/Business development team.

Run away, far far away

Former Employee - Relationship Manager  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Scarab Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

There was decent pay and benefits. The hours were good and the office has a good location downtown.

Cons

There are plenty of cons to Scarab. First, no real training is actually provided. You're asked to read "training" manuals and are taught to use the CRM and lead lists. After a week of this, you're given a script and lead list and let go into the wild that is cold calling. Second, management is terrible. Pretty sure the CEO had no idea who I was, he never spoke to me in the time I was with Scarab. Upper management in General is fairly sketchy and keep everything a secret. They also provide no guidance to help you meet goal. They expect you to fix your own problems without any true help to aid you in improving your work. I could go on listing cons, but are the main ones that are definitely bringing the company down.

Don't keep secrets from employees. Give your employees true training and help them when they need it.

Stay Far Away

I have been working at Scarab Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

The employees here are wonderful, smart and hardworking. Somewhat flexible hours and decent pay. Great office location.

Cons

The management here does not invest in their employees. There is a huge turnover rate. Training will consist of a week of reading over Scarab's services and history, then you will be given a script and left to your own demise. If you're lucky you will actually work for Scarab, if not you will be put on a company called C-Level Connections, a start up that utilizes Scarab's employees, without having a choice. Scarab is looked at like a starting point rather than an actual business. Do well working for scarab and you get "promoted" to C-level. Be weary when applying and ask questions before you sign a contract with this company.

Respect and value you your employees.

Scarab took control of World Document on 2008. Since then, too many managers wanted to take control.

Former Employee - Analyst  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Scarab Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are many great and smart people to work with and learn from. People who are great problem solvers and great friendships made. No regrets with the experience since I was able to learn a lot.

Cons

There was a lot of confusion from management. As the saying goes, too many chiefs and not enough indians. Had a hard time receiving direction from management.

Great employees, poor management.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Scarab Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company has great employee teams with experience, talent, and dedication and are excellent providers of services. Current clients give great feedback.

Cons

Upper management fails to provide leadership or good business models so the company can succeed. Morale is low. After three years under current management with failing business methods, top level should be replaced.

Get to know the names of the people who provide the services and get honest feedback about how the company can be a better company. New faces at the very top could turn the company around.

Horrifying to say the least!

Former Employee - Senior Database Analyst  in  San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Database Analyst in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Scarab Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ability to work from home if you fall within one of those departments.

Cons

Very bad management.
    No company direction.
    Layoffs occur weekly on Friday.
    Sometimes you might not get paid correctly.

Learn to do your job before you tell anyone else how to do their job.

Couldn't get out fast enough

I worked at Scarab Consulting full-time

Pros

People in other parts of the company seemed to like it. Good benefits, decent pay, pretty straightforward working environment, it was job a and nothing else.

Cons

The industry is VERY saturated, and nothing about this company makes them different from their competitors.

Management is pretty incompetent, at least the management that I worked with. they probably had a good understanding of the industry, and had been in it for a long time, but had no understanding of how to manage employees, which is reflected in the high employee turnover. I felt a little piece of my soul die everytime I went to work.

invest in your employees,

Worked for Scarab Consulting? Contribute to the Community!