Scarborough Research

4.5

Tom Drouillard

Easy but boring

I worked at Scarborough Research part-time

Pros

Incentives
    Pay is good
    Casual dress code
    Go in sit for 5 hours go home

Cons

Only Part time
    No motivation from upper management
    Felt the coaches 'favorite' certain employees
    no day shifts
    short breaks
    treats you like a high school student

Upper Management should be motivational to the call center because this job can be very boring!

Awsome place to work

Former Employee - Telephone Interviewer in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Scarborough Research part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

All and everything nothing bad

Cons

None that I can think of

Good and very laid back environment

Telephone Interviewer

Former Employee - Telephone Interviewer in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Scarborough Research part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Management is awesome. You are treated as valued employees. I truly enjoyed working there. It has turned out to be my favorite company to work for.

Cons

I really can't think of any cons. That is my honest answer. I guess working days would have been better than nights.

No advice...managemen rocks.

Scarboroug Research is the best job I've ever had!

Former Employee - Telephone Interviewer in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Scarborough Research part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Management treats each employee with friendly remarks. How they remember everyone's name, but they do. It's just an awesome place to work!

Cons

I can't think of any!

Keepupthe good work! You guys are awesome!

Best job I've had so far!

Former Employee - Research Interviewer in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Research Interviewer in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Scarborough Research part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Paid holidays; we ALWAYS got holidays and the day after off, and one of those days was paid.
    The management knows your name, knows your face, always says hello to you. Some of the managers would leave out coloring sheets and word searches for us to play with while we made calls, and they always work with you on things like attendance, quality and other matters.
    CRRRRAZY incentives! You almost NEVER go home without extra cash on your paycheck from the insane amount of incentives you picked up.

Cons

You can't talk to the people sitting next to you which is a bummer, but, hey, you're in a call center. It's easier to get things done and have the day pass quicker if you're not trying to slide over to the phone to answer quickly.

Keep doing what you're doing. I didn't leave in the best way possible, leaving me unable to return, but if I could I'd be back in a heartbeat. That was one of the absolute BEST jobs I've ever had in my life, and even though I only stayed about four months, I left with a whole new mindset on employment.

Sarasota Florida Center Closes October 1st 2014

Current Employee - Market Research Interviewer in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Scarborough Research part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company rewards interviewers with additional compensation for achieving quality interviewers. Quality interviewers don't come easy but the daily incentives for top performers are likely to add up quickly. Working part-time on the "evening shift" means 5 to 10 pm Tuesday through Friday and 3 to 8 pm on Saturday. Expanded hours are available up to but not beyond 39 hours.

Cons

Sarasota Florida operations will cease on October 1st 2014. The Sarasota center is closing as a result of acquisition by Nielsen last year and a decision to consolidate operations with the Oldsmar Florida center.

Research interviewer jobs require strict adherence to proper procedures to insure unbiased interviews. This means working in a very rigid environment with no flexibility on the part of the interviewer. Strict interview procedures, strict dress codes, strict attendance codes, strict everything. There is little to no discretion left to the interviewer. Lots of supervision, oversight, coaching and monitoring. There is someone always watching over you, listening to your conducting interviews, and monitoring your every action while "on the clock".

There seems to be a issue when interviewers want to work more than 39 hours. Breaks are very short with no breaks if you work less than four hours, 15 minutes if you work 5 or more hours, and 20 minutes if you work 5 to 8 hours.

The survey is complicated and uses an computer system running code that probably dates back to the 80's - it's been years since I've seen/used CRT style data input systems. The survey system needs a total over all.

Changing

I have been working at Scarborough Research

Pros

Excellent place to work while a partnership

Cons

Since Nielsen acquisition, culture is different and more challenging for people used to a smaller, more independent company.

Terrific products and wonderfully creative sales team

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Scarborough Research full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great leadership who set a tone of excellence for hard work

Cons

Tough time for the syndicated sales industry

Make it easier to dig meaningfully and simply into the data and make the meaningful applications for subscribers the hero of the relationship.

Love Working Here

Current Employee - Market Research Interviewer in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Scarborough Research part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I didn't think I would like this job. I thought I would just endure it, but I have to tell you, I'm having a blast. The vibe in the building is extremely friendly. I was shocked at how positive the culture is. The managers are amazing - both initially and even more so if you show a strong commitment to excellence.

I find the job challenging and rewarding. Just from my own personal experience, I opted several times to come in (without pay) to practice on my own because it was important for me to be the best I could be. And because I had put in that extra effort, I felt comfortable begging, pleading, demanding extra help from any manager that had a free moment. And they have always been willing to match my enthusiasm. I look forward to coming into work every day... and on my off days, I practice and refine my craft. I have to because when you advance into the next level, you are surrounded by extremely talented co-workers, which is awesome because I learn something new each day.

Cons

No real Cons for me. Haven't been here long enough to know the full potential of bonuses, etc., so I may feel capped at some point, but what they told me in the interview is true - best part-time job ever.

Do You Have Thick Skin?

Current Employee - Market Research Interviewer in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Scarborough Research part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Scarborough is a great place to work if you have thick skin to deal with the nature of the work. The salary is excellent and the shifts are flexible to meet most any schedule.

Cons

Trying to influence people to participate in the national phone studies can be a very challenging task if you are not a people person. Also, shorted paychecks due to random cut off dates can be a real drag for those who don't have any other source of income to fall back on.

My advice to management would be to get another payroll company that's tailored more towards the employees needs.