Scarborough Research

Updated Jun 30, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tom Drouillard

Scarborough Research was the most enjoyable company I've ever worked for!

Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee)
    San Antonio, TX

ProsI loved that management knew everyone's name on sight-even though there were over 100 employees. Everyone was treated like a valued employee. If you ever needed their help, they were always open to listening and helping to find a solution.

ConsI really can't think of one con for working at Scarborough Research. I am being 100% honest about that. You have to wor 2 weekend days- your choices any combination of Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I really didn't mind because I chose Friday and Saturday. Scarborough is closed on Monday so I had Sunday and Monday off.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. You b are the best management team I have ever had the plensure of working under. Keep up the good work of treating employees like family.

Sarasota Florida Center Closes October 1st 2014

Sarasota, FL

ProsThe company rewards interviewers with additional compensation for achieving quality interviewers. Quality interviewers don't come easy but the daily incentives for top performers are likely to add up quickly. Working part-time on the "evening shift" means 5 to 10 pm Tuesday through Friday and 3 to 8 pm on Saturday. Expanded hours are available up to but not beyond 39 hours.

ConsSarasota Florida operations will cease on October 1st 2014. The Sarasota center is closing as a result of acquisition by Nielsen last year and a decision to consolidate operations with the Oldsmar Florida center.

Research interviewer jobs require strict adherence to proper procedures to insure unbiased interviews. This means working in a very rigid environment with no flexibility on the part of the interviewer. Strict interview procedures, strict dress codes, strict attendance codes, strict everything. There is little to no discretion left to the interviewer. Lots of supervision, oversight, coaching and monitoring. There is someone always watching over you, listening to your conducting interviews, and monitoring your every action while "on the clock".

There seems to be a issue when interviewers want to work more than 39 hours. Breaks are very short with no breaks if you work less than four hours, 15 minutes if you work 5 or more hours, and 20 minutes if you work 5 to 8 hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe survey is complicated and uses an computer system running code that probably dates back to the 80's - it's been years since I've seen/used CRT style data input systems. The survey system needs a total over all.

Changing

ProsExcellent place to work while a partnership

ConsSince Nielsen acquisition, culture is different and more challenging for people used to a smaller, more independent company.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrific products and wonderfully creative sales team

Account Executive (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsGreat leadership who set a tone of excellence for hard work

ConsTough time for the syndicated sales industry

Advice to Senior ManagementMake it easier to dig meaningfully and simply into the data and make the meaningful applications for subscribers the hero of the relationship.

Love Working Here

Sarasota, FL

ProsI didn't think I would like this job. I thought I would just endure it, but I have to tell you, I'm having a blast. The vibe in the building is extremely friendly. I was shocked at how positive the culture is. The managers are amazing - both initially and even more so if you show a strong commitment to excellence.

I find the job challenging and rewarding. Just from my own personal experience, I opted several times to come in (without pay) to practice on my own because it was important for me to be the best I could be. And because I had put in that extra effort, I felt comfortable begging, pleading, demanding extra help from any manager that had a free moment. And they have always been willing to match my enthusiasm. I look forward to coming into work every day... and on my off days, I practice and refine my craft. I have to because when you advance into the next level, you are surrounded by extremely talented co-workers, which is awesome because I learn something new each day.

ConsNo real Cons for me. Haven't been here long enough to know the full potential of bonuses, etc., so I may feel capped at some point, but what they told me in the interview is true - best part-time job ever.

Do You Have Thick Skin?

Sarasota, FL

ProsScarborough is a great place to work if you have thick skin to deal with the nature of the work. The salary is excellent and the shifts are flexible to meet most any schedule.

ConsTrying to influence people to participate in the national phone studies can be a very challenging task if you are not a people person. Also, shorted paychecks due to random cut off dates can be a real drag for those who don't have any other source of income to fall back on.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management would be to get another payroll company that's tailored more towards the employees needs.

Best Part Time Jon I Town

Interviewer (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible hours
    Attentive, caring training staff actually WANTS you to succeed
    Management truly appreciates each employee and shows it all the time

ConsA 34 hour per week cap on hours, which will probably drop to 30 as the Affordable Care Act fully kicks in
    No benefits except 401(k), which requires a year of service before being eligible.

Advice to Senior ManagementStrive for more consistency in scoring and evaluating by coaches.

Great job overall

San Antonio, TX

ProsGood pay, flexible hours and many opportunities.

ConsNo full time for interviewers or supervisors.

Great company

ProsCares about employees. Great benefits.

ConsCompany being integrated with Nielsen. Big corporation with a different culture.

High School all over again

Interviewer (Current Employee)

Prosgood salary
    good schedule for students

Consin a cubicle
    no phones
    no reading materials
    get mad for every little thing
    seriously felt like high school all over again

Worked for Scarborough Research? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Scarborough Research reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Scarborough Research CEO Tom Drouillard. All 15 reviews posted anonymously by Scarborough Research employees.