Scentsy

Updated January 23, 2015
Updated January 23, 2015
3.9

CEO

Pros
  • I can also do some of my work from home and when my kids are asleep (in 5 reviews)

• It's a great product, so repeat customers are easy to sell to (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • This makes it hard to acquire a customer base (in 4 reviews)

• Its Direct Sales, its not an easy business, you have to be willing to WORK (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Love the atmosphere

Current Employee - Shipping in Meridian, ID
    Current Employee - Shipping in Meridian, ID

I have been working at Scentsy as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

I love the shipping department we are always busy and the music is a plus..I love the people I work with and supervision and leaders of my shift are awesome. Its by far the best job I've ever had and will be a very sad day to be let go

Cons

I'm hired as a temporary employee through temp agency. And my days are limited to only the busy season

It was great... at first.

I have been working at Scentsy

Pros

Great team. Fun employee activities. Good work-life balance.

Cons

Constantly changing org structure. Expect your job title and functions to change half a dozen times during your employment. Many execs are there because of nepotism or friendships rather than talent and knowledge in industry. Salary increases are a joke. Not the place it once was.

Remember what Scentsy was when it began and try to go back to your roots and honor your core values.

Nice people, terrible management

I have been working at Scentsy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's a positive environment, cheap benefits for single people, decent working hours and flexibility. The campus is beautiful, it's a fairly low stress job, and work rarely follows me home. The gym and trainers are amazing, and the week off at Christmas is fantastic. Generous CEO and President.

Cons

This is the most disorganized company I have ever worked for. Upper management and executives are completely disconnected from reality. They're nice people, but totally clueless when it comes to what goes on in the company. Mistakes are frequently made and rarely fixed. The operating system the company uses is outdated, often slow, and full of bugs. There is absolutely no communication plan. Different departments are very protective of information, so there is virtually no communication sharing between departments. The left hand literally doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Nepotism runs rampant, as relatives of executives and upper management are given jobs they have no business doing. There is little room for movement unless you are related to the boss. Incompetent people are kept on for years and years, while the company is losing great employees faster than they can hire new ones. The company has had a huge turnover rate among upper management lately. If you want to stay employed here long you must "drink the Scentsy koolaid" and never admit or notice areas where there is room for improvement. Because there aren't very clearly defined policies in many areas, there is almost no consistency among managers. There is so much red tape to cut through that policies that need changing can't be changed in a timely manner.

Hire a professional CEO, get rid of the people who aren't doing their jobs, promote the ones who are actually working. There are some amazing lower level managers that are working hard and doing a phenomenal job - promote them, learn from them, and retrain or remove the ones who aren't. Pay your people more. We can't survive on peanuts. Develop a communications plan that actually works. Stop changing prices and discontinuing products in the middle of the catalog season. Inform the people on the front lines of policy changes so they can represent your company well. Your Consultant Support reps shouldn't find out about major company announcements and changes from Facebook.

Not the best for consultants

Current Employee - Certified Consultant
    Current Employee - Certified Consultant

I have been working at Scentsy part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I love the product.
    Wide variety of scents

Cons

$150 quota
    Lack of support for consultants
    Recent price increases
    Lack of "sales" and "specials" to entice customers
    While I feel the product is superior, you cannot compete with considerably cheaper wax bars and products that are widely available.
    A monthly special of 10 percent off the scent of the month and warmer of the month, which may or may not appeal to your clients, is a joke.

Your consultants are making very little money and you are profiting big time. Provide better support for all consultants. Considering the lack of support, the quota is unrealistic. Scentsy needs to realize that they are not the only game in town. The need to consider their pricing, along with opportunities to provide attractive specials to customers (HELP your consultants sell your product). Take a not from other direct sales companies, provide attractive promotions that will make people want to buy your product.

Friendly group of hard working people!

I have been working at Scentsy

Pros

The atmosphere is amazing! And it smells great!

Cons

Ther are no cons I can think of!

Great people to work with.

I have been working at Scentsy

Pros

Awesome products and a great team.

Cons

Trying to get people to convert to buying Scentsy products

Keep up the great work.

fair, but health insurance is sub standard

I have been working at Scentsy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

company values are great, working with other employees is pretty good, office culture is fair, personal growth is good.

Cons

the leadership is too aloof and full of themselves, health insurance is pretty bad compared with the northwest region (i opted out and i'am now on obamacare), if you're not a mormon you're in a different category of employees. too many promises to get you hired, then not a lot of delivering! And finally, i can't stand the cult-like atmosphere in this company!

Treat your employees better or lose them!

Only if you have to

I worked at Scentsy full-time (less than a year)

Pros

nice people and the smells good in the warehouse

Cons

Pay is low for responsibilities, yearly wage increase is nearly insulting

consultant

I have been working at Scentsy

Pros

great company to work for for

Cons

time consuming, direct sales is time consuming

Solid and entrepreneurial, even though the product is a bit silly

Former Employee - Line Worker in Meridian, ID
    Former Employee - Line Worker in Meridian, ID

I worked at Scentsy as a contractor

Pros

I worked as a temp in Scentsy's wax factory. The environment was clean, disciplined, and safety-conscious. I appreciated that they strictly prohibited earbuds, phones, etc. on the factory floor, so people were usually paying attention. The employees were generally very friendly all around. Pay was great for a temp job.

Cons

Um, it's loud on the floor? I don't have many complaints.

Find more products to produce in your manufacturing space. You have too much of it doing nothing.
    Moving third shift from 10-6 instead of 12-8 would make the shift a lot easier.

Scentsy Photos