Schick Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.5
Michael Stone

1. Formulated the shaving cream products, and stabilities.

Current Employee - Chemist in Trumbull, CT
    Current Employee - Chemist in Trumbull, CT

I have been working at Schick full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have more than 15 years lab experiences. I can do lots kind of job as analysis, formulation, and design and setting up, and assembler.

Cons

I would like to learn new things every day to increase the experiences for my career. I also promote myself to able to do in different field.

Advice to Management

I like to share the new ideas to people to bring the good solutions to customers and employers.

2. Great Company I do work for another Company now but very sorry I left Schick Razor

Former Employee - Supervisor in Milford, CT
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Milford, CT

I worked at Schick full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company does a lot of training and is ahead of other company for doing so

Cons

I did not like the rotating shifts that is why I left

Advice to Management

Your doing a great job not much to say

3. Market leader

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Schick

Pros

Schick was a very fast paced sales cycle that demanded attention and detail. Although there were many players involved, the responsibility relied heavily on the sales department

Cons

Upper management kept many things close to their vest. It was tough to tell when they were happy, especially since they did nothing to let you know. A constant dissatisfaction with performance when all members of the team were similar in performance.

Advice to Management

A constant frown is not a way to encourage the appropriate behavior from your valued team members. Give them a better chance to impress and earn your respect versus never showing them any opportunity of doing so.

Interdepartmental Infighting, decent wages

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

I have been working at Schick

Pros

There are some very friendly and helpful individuals. There are some very skilled and passionate individuals who care a great deal about their fellow workers and the customers. During the recent recession, the layoffs were handled as well as they could be. The company recent made the bonus policy very clearly defined, and it is applied evenly across the various levels of the company. The straight salary is decent. Flex time is decent.

Cons

Too many self-appointed experts shooting down ideas and requests as impossible. Difficult to advance. Some positions are held by entrenched individuals more concerned with holding their posts than moving the company forward. Micromanagement can be overdone. Sometimes it feels like you are discouraged from making known problems.

Advice to Management

Tone down the interdepartmental warfare. Change the culture of defensiveness and entrenchment.

Schick Sucks

Former Employee - Manager of Finance
    Former Employee - Manager of Finance

I worked at Schick

Pros

Compensation is the only reason to work at this place.

Cons

Management is not fit to lead this company.

Advice to Management

Get some new management

RSS Feed </> Embed