Schiller International University

www.schiller.edu

Schiller International University Reviews

1.8

CEO

Ok work environment, ok pay, little room for professional growth.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Carmel, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

I worked at Schiller International University

Pros

The DOA is top notch. He's a great boss and very understanding. He knows the education business inside and out. He worked his way up and he is a great encouraging type manager.

Cons

The pay is fair but employees only get paid once a month. At review time little to no raise can be expected.

Pay more than once a month. Communicate changes more effectively. Find a better inusance plan and one that is more affordable for families.

NIGHTMARE

Former Employee - Admissions  in  Largo, FL
    Former Employee - Admissions in Largo, FL

I worked at Schiller International University

Pros

I enjoyed dealing with international students.

Cons

They have recently laid off almost their entire staff. Their goals were unattainable because they were unwilling to invest in the marketing to make it happen. Every month they moved the goalposts which creates enormous disorganization. There is no option but to fail miserably. I had done admissions previously and was very successful, so I'm fairly confident the problem had nothing to do with me. There is a colossal failure of senior management to take responsibility for the problems that staff has in getting the job done. Students are angry and rightfully so. They completely changed the class format from traditional semester-based courses to month long classes. All while having NO staff left to implement any changes. It was the worst experience in a working environment I've ever known, and I feel I can tolerate quite a bit! Never would I suggest that a person take a job here.

Communicate with your employees. Treat your employees with respect. The people in the trenches KNOW what the problems and hangups are and why your school is not successful, so you would be well served to listen to them if you hope to turn things around. Put students ahead of money and that would change the environment. Provide proper training, set realistic goals, invest in your employees to help them make it happen.

Great experience

I worked at Schiller International University full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great international Exposure, met a lot of interesting people

Cons

low pay, lack of support

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stay away

I worked at Schiller International University

Pros

Co workers are friendly but no one stays longer than 6 months.

Cons

Senior management is terrible. They take no responsibility and blame their employees. There is no morality there. Working conditions are unbearable - at best this is a sales job.

Please hire someone who knows what they are doing! There are only 3 people who have stayed over 1 year.

Worked for Schiller International University? Contribute to the Community!