Schilli Transportation Services

Add Photos

Tom Schilli

Supply Chain Logistics

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsThey are always looking for entry level employees. The mid-level managers work the hardest and face an uphill battle.

ConsDisorganized, turnover, and cheap. The lack of continuity hurts the company. Tension exists and the work environment is sometimes unpleasant. The odds of having a "career" at Schilli are low.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more to keep the best. Rather than constantly training newbies, reward high-earners and create a stronger bond between the employees' concern for the company and the company's concern for its employees.

1970's style management lives here

Customer Service (Former Employee) Lafayette, IN

ProsThe needs of the drivers/trucks and the opportunities of the customers were always changing and kept the job a blip above boring. The casual atmosphere, for the most part, was nice to help get by the daily grind.

ConsOwner would not approve competitive compensation programs for employees who were productive. This sucked the incentive and motivation out of many employees and managers. Hostile environment with top down directives & very little open discussions from any contributers within the organization. Top management was surrounded by 'yes' men who enhanced this style of organization, routinely many good to great people were let go or quit the company.

Advice to Senior Management1970's style management that is used is holding this company back. Suggest the owner move out of the way and find a solid transportation professional to run the company. Given free reign, this professional could quickly flush out the enablers @ HQ and put in place a solid staff that would install goals and methods that would advance the organization. Having a strong mission with goals, values, open communication and consistent and encouraging top down behavior would move this company out of the dormancy it languishes in.

They've done alot for me, but nothing about the management is organized.

Office (Current Employee) Griffin, GA

ProsIt's a fairly easy job, and they are flexible with employees.

ConsThe management is very unorganized.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should really come down and see how the business is being ran.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Positive but stressful experience.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Remington, IN

ProsGained valuable experience in many areas, given an opportunity to prove myself. Prove yourself to the owner and he will back you on your endevours.

ConsComplicated structure and work rules, owner is very demanding, must be able to handle a yelling type environment with significant pressure(at times).

Advice to Senior ManagementYou get what you pay for. Pay good employees and they will stay. Continuity will help the business run smoother, especially given the ever changing processing rules. Don't trip over dollars to save nickels.

Worked for Schilli Transportation Services? Contribute to the Community!