Schlesinger Associates

Updated September 10, 2014
Updated September 10, 2014
2.4

Steven Schlesinger

Great team and the goals are very clear

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Schlesinger Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great environment and team. Everyone wants you to do well. There is overtime as well, which is very fortunate.

Cons

Sitting most of the time.

a corporate dinosaur stuck in tar pits of mismanagement.

Former Employee - Market Research and Medical Recruiter  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Market Research and Medical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Schlesinger Associates full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Casual and fun environment, many free lunches, good intro for recruiters

Cons

I worked as a recruiter for two years, getting more responsibilities and noting but praise. After a few key managers left for better opportunities, the quality of work spiraled down to the point where random managers were flown in to utilize 'boot camp' style corporate improvement tactics: mandatory rotating Saturday shifts lowered morale to zero. Then the morale meetings where "nobody's getting fired" -yeah. Exec. mgmt. lied to my face repeatedly, promising that I had a solid future there. Laid off 2 weeks later and forced a strict non-complaint document to sign before my severance pay was parsed out over several weeks. No system to eliminate repeat focus group attendees, resulting in poor research results. It is utterly surprising that this company is still in business.

Be truthful to your employees. If cuts are needed, let us know. If we bend over backwards to find an oncologist for your study, a lukewarm $10 pizza is NOT the thanks we want. Cull the project managers who cannot lead, inspire, or train us to help make their jobs easier. And do not lie to your employees. It looks bad.

Frantic

Former Employee - Recruiter  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I worked at Schlesinger Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice people to work with.

Cons

Menial work. They overcommit accounts and run their employees into the ground.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awful work enviroment

Former Employee - Qualitative Assistant  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Qualitative Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at Schlesinger Associates part-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent part time job for a college student.

Cons

Underpaid
    You're an "assistant" to unhappy clients because management never knows what is going on or what they are doing.
    Your position includes slaving away to clients. Bringing them their lunch, dinner, ect, cleaning up their messes (literally), doing mundane tasks like reorganizing the kitchen, storage closets, and front desk.
    If you have a college degree, avoid this place like the plague!

Get it together! I know you guys make pennies for the stress you have to deal with on the regular, but learn to communicate better with the rest of the staff.

Diverse

I have been working at Schlesinger Associates

Pros

One day is never the same and you are always learning new things to broaden your skill set. Working with different people every day is a great way to gain contacts and experience different types of work styles.

Cons

There are many technically difficulties in the office I work in just due to all the technology that is fairly new and still has kinks to work out and we don't always know how to fix the problem nor can we always get it fixed by an outside source right away.

Stay connected to facilities to know that everything is running smoothly or if there is anything that can be fixed or change.

Decent work

I have been working at Schlesinger Associates part-time

Pros

Hard to list pros as a part-time employee.

Cons

Too many to list. No upward advancement or mobility, meager pay. Very top-heavy.

Great first job as a QA

Former Employee - Qualitative Assistant
    Former Employee - Qualitative Assistant

I worked at Schlesinger Associates full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good company culture. Strong management teams that are committed to their clients. There is room for growth if you work hard and show your strengths.

Cons

Some positions have high turnover.

Punch the clock

I worked at Schlesinger Associates full-time

Pros

Chill, lax management, nice team, pretty rooftop lunch area, FiDi locale, hard to get fired, easy job, room for self-improvement

Cons

lax management + poor leadership= two branch managers fired in one year, underemployed team, repetitive tasks, coniving cliqueish immature interdepartmental girl groups that remind me of Mean Girls meets Stupid Girls.

Make room if you want to make waves, stop being so greedy and holding back monies that belong to your team- how do you sleep at night? On 2000 thread count Egyptian cotton I'm sure. You are part of the 1% and the rot of America.

Underpaid For The Amount of Work

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Schlesinger Associates full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good people, free breakfast and lunches sometimes, Casual Fridays, Good place to get a start into corporate life, experience builder.

Cons

Salary is far below what people should be getting paid for the amount they expect employees to work. As a project manager we are expected to work 50-60 hours a week. Everyone eats at their desk because nobody has time to go out and eat. If you take an hour break for lunch expect to leave well after 7 o'clock. Some people in my office do not understand the meaning of concentration before procrastination people talk about non-sense all the time that ends up becoming a huge distraction most of the time. Plus you see a lot of tempers flare up because this job seems to suck people in and spit them out in little tiny anrgy pieces. As I said before, if the salary was higher, maybe around 45 - 50 k range it would be a little more acceptable I guess, but its not. The benefits package is also rediculously expensive. You are already underpaying people then you tack on the health care benefits and you are living at the poverty level. You need to work here for 10 years just to save 100k.

Increase the salary ranges of your employees. Improve the health care benefits.

Good for an entry level position if you want to learn fast, gain some experience and move on.

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Schlesinger Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you don't have much experience there is a lot of room for gaining skills. You learn fast (depending on your position) if you can keep up. Sink or swim if you are a project manager. All other positions don't really give you many skills to apply at future positions.

Cons

Management style if very linear. There isn't a lot of team work where there should be. Very high turnover because they don't invest a lot in their employees. Instead of letting people go who would be fired at any other company, they wait for the employee to become a frustrated and leave. ABSOLUTELY no training program. Learn as you go and learn from your mistakes and learn FAST. They micro manage a lot at when you're new but then ease up once they trust you. Long hours and over worked.

They should allow for more cross-functioning of departments. There is almost no team work in place. There are also a lot of communication problems within employees.

Worked for Schlesinger Associates? Contribute to the Community!