Schlesinger Associates

Be The First To
Add Photos

Steven Schlesinger

Diverse

ProsOne day is never the same and you are always learning new things to broaden your skill set. Working with different people every day is a great way to gain contacts and experience different types of work styles.

ConsThere are many technically difficulties in the office I work in just due to all the technology that is fairly new and still has kinks to work out and we don't always know how to fix the problem nor can we always get it fixed by an outside source right away.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay connected to facilities to know that everything is running smoothly or if there is anything that can be fixed or change.

Frantic

Recruiter (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsNice people to work with.

ConsMenial work. They overcommit accounts and run their employees into the ground.

Awful work enviroment

Qualitative Assistant (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsDecent part time job for a college student.

ConsUnderpaid
    You're an "assistant" to unhappy clients because management never knows what is going on or what they are doing.
    Your position includes slaving away to clients. Bringing them their lunch, dinner, ect, cleaning up their messes (literally), doing mundane tasks like reorganizing the kitchen, storage closets, and front desk.
    If you have a college degree, avoid this place like the plague!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet it together! I know you guys make pennies for the stress you have to deal with on the regular, but learn to communicate better with the rest of the staff.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Decent work

ProsHard to list pros as a part-time employee.

ConsToo many to list. No upward advancement or mobility, meager pay. Very top-heavy.

Great first job as a QA

Qualitative Assistant (Former Employee)

ProsGood company culture. Strong management teams that are committed to their clients. There is room for growth if you work hard and show your strengths.

ConsSome positions have high turnover.

Punch the clock

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsChill, lax management, nice team, pretty rooftop lunch area, FiDi locale, hard to get fired, easy job, room for self-improvement

Conslax management + poor leadership= two branch managers fired in one year, underemployed team, repetitive tasks, coniving cliqueish immature interdepartmental girl groups that remind me of Mean Girls meets Stupid Girls.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake room if you want to make waves, stop being so greedy and holding back monies that belong to your team- how do you sleep at night? On 2000 thread count Egyptian cotton I'm sure. You are part of the 1% and the rot of America.

Underpaid For The Amount of Work

Project Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGood people, free breakfast and lunches sometimes, Casual Fridays, Good place to get a start into corporate life, experience builder.

ConsSalary is far below what people should be getting paid for the amount they expect employees to work. As a project manager we are expected to work 50-60 hours a week. Everyone eats at their desk because nobody has time to go out and eat. If you take an hour break for lunch expect to leave well after 7 o'clock. Some people in my office do not understand the meaning of concentration before procrastination people talk about non-sense all the time that ends up becoming a huge distraction most of the time. Plus you see a lot of tempers flare up because this job seems to suck people in and spit them out in little tiny anrgy pieces. As I said before, if the salary was higher, maybe around 45 - 50 k range it would be a little more acceptable I guess, but its not. The benefits package is also rediculously expensive. You are already underpaying people then you tack on the health care benefits and you are living at the poverty level. You need to work here for 10 years just to save 100k.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the salary ranges of your employees. Improve the health care benefits.

Good for an entry level position if you want to learn fast, gain some experience and move on.

Project Manager (Current Employee)

ProsIf you don't have much experience there is a lot of room for gaining skills. You learn fast (depending on your position) if you can keep up. Sink or swim if you are a project manager. All other positions don't really give you many skills to apply at future positions.

ConsManagement style if very linear. There isn't a lot of team work where there should be. Very high turnover because they don't invest a lot in their employees. Instead of letting people go who would be fired at any other company, they wait for the employee to become a frustrated and leave. ABSOLUTELY no training program. Learn as you go and learn from your mistakes and learn FAST. They micro manage a lot at when you're new but then ease up once they trust you. Long hours and over worked.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should allow for more cross-functioning of departments. There is almost no team work in place. There are also a lot of communication problems within employees.

Don't work there unless absolutely necessary

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosa paycheck- from what little they give

Conswhere do I start? Upper management doesn't care about their employees- they play that game that they do but when push comes to shove, employees lose. Unless you are a Director of one of their facilities, expect to be overworked and underpaid. That is the culture. President was a former caterer now runs a market research company? yea...ok. 'nuff said.

Advice to Senior Managementput your money where your mouth is and start investing in your employees - match on the 401(k), better benefits so they can afford it...throw them a bone every once in a while and give them a raise.

Worst job I have ever had in the most classist, racist, sexist, phobic industry

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThey hare very flexible with scheduling, vacation and have long lunch breaks, friendly office environment.

ConsThere is absolutely no trust between the management staff and the recruiters. Recruiters are bribed with $5 gift cards and very occasional lunches, yet, raises and reviews and rare.

This office has one of the highest turnover rates I have ever seen, employees have very low morale and there are constant complaints - whether it's the sweltering temperature of the office (which was "fixed" by a musty "Swamp Cooler" or a water-leaking cooling device that takes up half of an aisle of an already too small office) or meetings held by the management that treat recruiters like a kindergarten class.

Higher management in the location accept every single project that comes in and over works project managers, which in turns creates absurd expectations from the recruiters - whom, generally, have no desire to work on the absurd studies.

Worked for Schlesinger Associates? Contribute to the Community!