Schlumberger

Updated Jul 19, 2014

3.6 1,360 reviews

Schlumberger CEO Paal Kibsgaard

Paal Kibsgaard

Pros
  • Big company, relocation around the world, good salaries, prospects for going up(in 30 reviews)

• Work environment Good also with fun and rewarding(in 60 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance tends to be dismal if you're too extroverted or have a nuclear family(in 193 reviews)

• Very difficult for Mid Career, no work life balance, too much internal politics(in 45 reviews)

1,360 Employee Reviews

Nice place to grow

Electrical Engineer II (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsExcellent employee development program.

Constoo strict about process oriented approach.

Awesome place to work

Petrophysicist (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat company to work for, border-less career, traveling opportunities, training and well defined career path are only a few of the pecks of working with Schlumberger.

ConsThey need to improve compensation

Stressful, but highly professional

Senior Graphic Designer Russia (Former Employee) Moscow, MS

Prosnice educated professional ambitious people, big company, high level of office facilities

Constoo much money evolved, high paced, can be bullying style of communication sometimes

Advice to Senior Managementyes, possible

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great

Geophysicist (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsAccess to technology and new industry software

ConsMeeting really tight deadlines always

Project Manager

Project Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsProvides lots of training. Technical control their own career path in a structured promotion mechanism.

ConsProject managers are usually heavily in techical contribution and they are not very well recognized.

Advice to Senior ManagementA coaching system for the junior managers might help.

Good company to work for

Senior Supplier Quality Engineer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsLots of training provided, opportunities to work internationally

ConsLimited internal promotion opportunity within your group

Good place to for fresh out

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLot of trainings for employees.

ConsNo much chance to learn new things.

Great Training.. no work/life balance

Field Engineer II (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsSchlumberger is seen as an industry leader for training. This serves you well both during and after your career with them. You're also given many many opportunities

ConsThere is very little work/life balance as a Field Engineer with none of the perks that are supposed to accompany sacrificing that much of 3 years of your life to a company. Often, employees can get left behind in progress for their career. Also, from what I have seen and heard and experienced myself, there is no interest in the company in retaining you; you and your experience is dispensable and you are easily replaced wuth someone who will sit down and shut up.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart compensating fairly for the time engineers put in. Provide them with actual support rather than throwing them in the deep end and hanging them out to dry if they fail. Experience is actually worth something, believe it or not.. start understanding this again and the horrible retention rate of new hires will improve.

Contracts Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat company to garner additional experience whether you are a novice or a seasoned professional

ConsThey don't provide any type of administrative services to managers, which is very aggravating.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide an administrative assistant to assist a group of managers

Field Sales with no training

Field Sales for Drilco (Current Employee) Williston, ND

ProsThe company benefits are good

ConsThe leadership is not good at all. The health Benefits Suck. The expectations are bearable since they don't tell you what they want or expect.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease give the employees and up front expectation of what they want. This would include the amount they are expected to brig into the company every month. Also have some training for your staff. I never received a single class on one product you wanted me to sell on.

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!