Schneider

Schneider Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Schneider President and CEO Chris Lofgren

Chris Lofgren

Pros
  • Starting pay & benefits are good(in 13 reviews)

• Some good people have stayed and have not left yet(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • big and some times you can be lost in the mass of people, as you move up work/life balance takes a hit(in 11 reviews)

• The vast majority of opportunities lead to Green Bay(in 8 reviews)

They, like most other companies have their issues but it's a good place to start.

Driver (Former Employee)

ProsThey are very safety oriented and that is reinforced by recurrent training. I did like the fact that they had therapists at many of the operating centers. They were very helpful when my back gave me trouble. it's nice to have a company car when you need to do some personal running.

ConsFeast or famine. My last days as a company driver were more famine as i was lucky to get 1800 mi/wk. Once every 6-8 weeks I might see a 2600-2800 mile week.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your drivers. When they are keeping their hours updated and not getting miles, FIND OUT WHY! Corporate needs to be more concerned about the drivers than the numbers. Without the drivers, YOU HAVE NO COMPANY.

The buck don't stop here. Miserable bullies that make Chris Christie look good.

Company Driver (Current Employee)

ProsThey have some good people left. Not all the 'flying badger' crazies are into bullying and harassment. It doesn't appear that they train their folks specifically to do just that. Just comes naturally for a number of them.

ConsWe're truck drivers, not high tech computer geeks! All this electronic equipment doesn't work worth a d*mn. It's all dangerous distractions, high pressure, out of control disaster land. There is no enjoyment in trucking this way. Lofgren is a perfect example of why Symantec & Motorola big whigs should be banned from the trucking industry. He is a danger to the public of the entire United States and probably a few countries.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo your customers, drivers and office workers a favor and sell to a private equity so they can fix the place up with some infrastructure (since the multi-billionaires won't) and get some proper management that kind of knows what they're doing. Grow up for a change.

Micro management at it's finest!!

Manager (Current Employee) Green Bay, WI

ProsStable job if you can handle the stress. Most either leave or stay and complain about their jobs.But, their are a lot of good people to work with.

ConsThe way they treat drivers is unfair. They constantly try to persuade to keep the drivers working over the road away from home with lots of work. When holiday's come, drivers usually get stuck in New Jersey, or somewhere in the east coast for a 34 hour restart without any work.

It's wild, managers can't make up their mind and determine what is right and what is wrong. They can't give you a straight and direct answer about much, but, yet, micro manage the business overboard. As an employee, you feel that you are given a song and dance about everything.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you hire your leaders, trust them to make the right decisions without having to send a daily email, daily meetings and office communicator chats 3-4 times a day about the same thing over and over again.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work overall

Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) Green Bay, WI

ProsChance to move up fast

ConsTime off went by seniority

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more female managers please

It is divided company within itself

Driver Business Leader (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsPays good and they hire college grads. Good start after college

ConsAll the jobs are in Green Bay

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more involved with people and giving the right training

Schneider national

Regional Dry Van (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

Prosdrove regional for them for two years. very good safety department. company as a whole is very concerned about being safe on the road. pretty good about getting me home.

Consterrible pay. dispatchers would constantly lie about getting me miles so you would run the short ones. DBA's have a budget and get bonus $ if they keep under budget. Constantly had to nag to get reimbursements. DBA's WILL forget about you if you don't make noise. I am an o/o for another company, and I love it.

Advice to Senior Managementtreat good drivers better.

Good company to drive for

Over the Road Training Engineer (Former Employee) West Sacramento, CA

ProsPaid for my training to become a commercial driver. Promoted me to an over-the-road training engineer after 6 months of employment.

Management is helpful and care about their drivers.

ConsThey don't give you much time home. But, that's really just the typical long-haul job.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Just another sales position

Inside Sales Account Executive (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat opportunity to make as much uncapped commission after a certain number of months. Awesome culture.

ConsIt's just another sales position. No room for real growth.

Once Great Business in Decline

Management (Former Employee) Green Bay, WI

ProsOpportunity to learn and do many things come from many different business segments. Good driver training and safety. Pockets of good leaders and front line associates.

ConsOpen, positive culture that once existed is for the most part gone. Too much emphasis of how things look versus how things are. Fear, is a word commonly used to describe the cultural atmosphere at Schneider. Many associates just keep heads down for fear of reprisal. Employee training and development programs have been gutted. Senior leaders have insulated themselves from drivers and the business of trucking.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake steps to improve the atmosphere and culture. Encourage rather than punish open dialogue.

Okay

Dock Lead/Loader/Unloader (Former Employee)

Prosthe manager Jeremy was cool to work with and Supervisor Darren

ConsCant leave until all the trucks where loaded and on route on time

Worked for Schneider? Contribute to the Community!