Schneider Reviews in Detroit, MI

2.9

Schneider President and CEO Chris Lofgren
Chris Lofgren

Pros
  • Starting pay & benefits are good (in 13 reviews)

• Some good people have stayed and have not left yet (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • big and some times you can be lost in the mass of people, as you move up work/life balance takes a hit (in 11 reviews)

• The vast majority of opportunities lead to Green Bay (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Overall good

Current Employee - Bilingual Supply Chain Specialist  in  Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Bilingual Supply Chain Specialist in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Schneider

Pros

Working at Schneider overall has been a good experience for me. I have gained much valued experience in different areas of supply Chain.

Cons

There are a lot of politics that go on and promotions do not seem to be all that fair. There are also other challenges being on site with our customer GMCCA in Grand Blanc.

Be more fair in hiring in promotions and reward people for hard work. Quick with all the politics and unnecessary movements.

ok

Current Employee - Supply Chain Management  in  Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Management in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Schneider

Pros

profit sharing for employees that are vested

Cons

favoritism in regards to promotion opportunities

Lots of talk little action

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Farmington Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

I worked at Schneider

Pros

Good boots on the ground exp. Opps. to learn from experience in low / operational levels.

Cons

Lots of talk about development and training, but little chance to gain exp in more advanced levels without having someone complain; almost ZERO actual training and corp. prof. dev.

Okay starting pay, but LOW annual raises

May need a leadership change. No charisma. Poor communication skills, even with good decisions.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Life at Schneider

Former Employee - Team Leader  in  Farmington Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Farmington Hills, MI

I worked at Schneider

Pros

They are a very close net company and they do offer a lot of training. I did like the fact that sli was not arraid to allow training access to everyone

Cons

This is a very Clique type of company. Some people where over looked for promotions if you didnt hang out with the right clique. They where not fair in the FMLA process. Some people are allowed to go on leave and return to their positions but if you where not aprat of the clique than they can and will fire you.

Offer some fairness to employees. If you have a policy in place make sure that it is fair and that all employees are able to exercise their rights. Employees shoud not have to be apart of the in crowd or clique to get ahead at Schneider. Also you need some people to look in to the racial and gender aspects at SLI. Schneider is a very bias compoany against women and minorites.

Worked for Schneider? Contribute to the Community!