Schneider Electric

Schneider Electric Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Schneider Electric President and CEO Jean-Pascal Tricoire

Jean-Pascal Tricoire

Pros
  • Schneider Electric offer a good work life balance environmental situation(in 104 reviews)

• Good benefits, Nice people; Much potential to expand and grow; Good employee perks(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • We are told to have work life balance but cannot leave earlier than boss(in 21 reviews)

• Making it hard for career growth and advancement even if you were trained for next position(in 17 reviews)

Lots of Opportunities, none of them for you.

Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) West Kingston, RI

ProsLots of young, friendly, enthusiastic coworkers, excellent and intense customer service and technical experience packed into a very short time frame. Great 5-week educational period during "on-boarding". Decent cafeteria! George made a mean tuna melt.

ConsWhen you're brought on to the professional development program, you are promised and tantalized with "growing your career" and "going anywhere you want." The reality of what actually happened was a bit sobering:

After your 5-week on-boarding and training, you are put on the phones in a call center and take calls. That's it. They record your calls, make you listen to them and discuss them with you, you are graded on the calls. They track every minute of your day (no really, there is software that tracks when you aren't available to take a phone call and you're graded on that, too). This is all fine when you start for the first two months or so. After a bit, the monotony and stress of the phone calls starts to wear on you. That's also expected though, and they tell you that up front. You're going to want to get off of the call center. That is where the promises up front differ drastically from the reality of the situation. Unless you want to go directly into a inside sales role, you DON'T get to get off of the phones. They act surprised and shocked when you explain that sales isn't for you and that you learned this through your experiences on the phones. My direct manager made many excellent efforts in trying to find me something that I was more interested in, but every door I knocked on was locked from the inside. Jobs were filled by pre-chosen candidates before interviews were held. Positions were posted and the hiring managers acted like the posting didn't exist, and would never respond to emails or phone calls. It was all very strange and baffling to a fresh graduate looking to find their way in the corporate world. The moral of the story here is: If you know that you'd like to get into a lucrative sales position, by all means this is the program for you. You can be off of the phones in 6-12 months and into a region in no time at all. However, if you're not sure if a quota-based sales position is for you, this job will slowly kill your resolve and motivation and turn you into a husk of your once-enthusiastic self, wallowing in self-doubt and frustrated confusion.

Advice to Senior ManagementI know for a fact that Jean Pascal and Laurent Vernerey are visionary and smart guys, but the many, many layers of middle management, team leaders and supervisors with numerous and confusing branches of departmental confusion make any advice I could offer absolutely pointless.

Excellent work atmosphere

Construction Manager (Former Employee) Qaţār (Iran)

ProsGreat Place to work and good management

ConsChanges everyday and appraisals take time. Salary packages grade wise. Not better employee gets more

Senior Sales Engineer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGlobal giant and well respected in the industry, even in the eyes of the competitors. High quality products, wide range of products.

ConsNot in line with industry compensation levels, under paid employees. Always changes internally, whether its structure change, process changes, or "strategic market approach changes, they are always changing. Due to these changes, employees are often effected negatively. Never competitive with the competition.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop focusing so much on the "bottom line" and listen to your people in the field. If it means putting your best foot forward the first time, so be it! You will not survive if you don't accept the fact your loosing allot of business due to your competitors being more competitive in the customers eyes.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Opportunities available

Business Development Manager (Current Employee) Budapest (Hungary)

ProsInternational mobility, lots of possibilities and opportunities if you're motivated and have the dedication to bring your ideas through. Continuous improvement requirements. Compensation is good compared to the local averages and compared to the regional average wihtin the industry.

ConsDemanding job timewise if you want to move ahead quickly, but that can be told from most of the jobs I believe.

Senior Software Engineer ( Java/J2EE)

Software Developer (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsThe team had highly talented and enthusiastic senior and junior developer but it was gained through false promises. Believe none of the developers who were recruited for my project is in the company now. We resigned from the company with in a year.

ConsManagement is too worse .
    No onsite opportunity .
    Too much of politics at higher management .
    Every 4 months ,there is an Organizational change and the teams keep dispersing and total hierarchy and your reporting changes . And finally none of the projects takes life and looses scope for the employees and developers in the company

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a proper scope and be frank and true during the interview process. Because they promise something in the interview , but the actual work and projects are not as they explain to us . For you may be we are just resources, but for us its our career.

Great! Company to work with!!!

Executive - MIS & Business Analyst (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Pros- Global Brand from FRANCE
    - Putting more emphasis on Services rather than only Products.
    - Professional - Personal life balance.

Cons- Nothing as of now!

Advice to Senior ManagementNA

so far so good

Quality Engineer (Current Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsThe business is good, not like other IT companies that are very unstable. Overall I like it so far.

ConsI am not sure at this moment. And enter 20 words is mandetory??

Advice to Senior Managementnot sure

Great Learning Experience

ProsBecoming part of the global specialist in Energy management is a great honor, you learn about sustainability and the different solutions that can help save the world.

ConsCan benefit with more organized graduate programs and tougher recruitment for the future. Very difficult to reach the right person when you need them the most.

Advice to Senior ManagementTeam building is a necessity.

This is an okay place to work.

Recept/Assistant Order Serv Clerk (Former Employee) Andover, MA

ProsThe medical benefits and 401k options are amazing. They have great vacation policies and flexible schedules.

ConsTheir main focus is to outsource everything they can. Doing things the cheap way and not the best way. Most functions are overseas.

A learning and rewarding experience, learnt a lot, great workplace

Quality Engineer (Former Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsA great workplace with colleagues whom you'll have a good relationship with. Good ingrained systems and processes with plenty of room for your own contributions, exposure to many areas of a manufacturing business

ConsInitially some tasks may seem overwhelming, take time to learn and familiarize. Keep an open mind, interact, try to get people's cooperation, try not to get in their way.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more flexible schedules, better shuttle services in afternoon for employees who need to leave earlier or need to go out for work.

Worked for Schneider Electric? Contribute to the Community!