Schneider Electric

Schneider Electric Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Schneider Electric President and CEO Jean-Pascal Tricoire

Jean-Pascal Tricoire

Pros
  • Schneider Electric offer a good work life balance environmental situation(in 104 reviews)

• Good benefits, Nice people; Much potential to expand and grow; Good employee perks(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • We are told to have work life balance but cannot leave earlier than boss(in 21 reviews)

• Making it hard for career growth and advancement even if you were trained for next position(in 17 reviews)

Lack of resources

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood pay. Work life balance.

ConsToo much focus on Europe and Asia.

Steady advancement through career path, team environment, flexibility

ProsFlexibility, culture, people
    Good benefits
    Profit Share
    Hire from Within

ConsLow pay
    Attached to Blackberry
    Pay not adequate for responsibilities
    Benefits increase every year

A corporate version of "Logan's Run": if you're over 30, you're doomed!

Senior Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsThere is a strong commitment to Safety, and work-life balance is also reasonable. The company's overall mission, to deliver efficient energy solutions to customers all over the globe, is both interesting and especially important given the world we live in today.

ConsIf you're fresh out of college, Schneider Electric rolls out the red carpet and treats you like a rock star, but if you're a mid-career hire, it's an entirely different story. There is no discussion about career development (forget about ever going to a conference) and opportunities to move within the company are extremely difficult.

In my case I was basically lied to when hired, supposedly to help with a major project which (as it turns out) has never begun, and isn't likely to in the next several years. When I asked HR for help in trying to find a different position within the company, I was given the sage advice, "try networking". Gee, thanks, I never would have thought of that.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to establish priorities, not only telling people what to do but telling them what not to do - you can't have everything.

Also, quit trying to move heaven & earth in order to hit some quarterly financial target, while creating a mess that we'll have to clean up in the next quarter.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Like Auschwitz without the gas

ProsThe Starting Pay and Benefits

ConsYou will be run like slaves here and nothing is ever good enough. Training here is non-existent and you will need to be as good as everyone else that works there within a couple of weeks. If you aren't you will be gone. Unless you are someone that has been here for many years and old then you get easy jobs that require no effort or intelligence. Unsafe work environment. You can't report anything unsafe either or risk being fired or harassed for doing so.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're lucky you have a monopoly.

Local Manager Key to Experience

Project Manager (Former Employee) Horsham, PA

ProsWorking with leading edge technologies and world class projects. Good benefits.

ConsSub Par Salary with promises of great bonuses - Followed by a spectacular exhibition of a lack of ethics in bonus calculations and distribution. Local manager is completely indifferent to any employee concern.

Advice to Senior ManagementLack of flexibility will result in constant talent drain. Step up and join the millenium.
    No flextime means no one of any value will stay long.

good company

ProsH1B, good benefits, supply chain centralized

Consvery stressful position, a lot of issues working with different peoeple

Advice to Senior Managementput the right people at the right position

Don't work here as a contractor

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsFlex work schedule and break room perks.

ConsLeadership of managers. Everyone does their own job then leaves. Minimal camaraderie among team members. Treat contractors as second rate employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild the team from within. Allow team members to come home on the weekends when on site at project. (i.e. PWC, Deloitte and EY)

Great intern experience, learned a lot

ProsHuge, global company so you learn a lot and get to speak with a ton of different people. Unreal work-life balance

ConsMaybe a little more training

Work culture of the design centre & work life balance

ProsSupportive environment
    Good work life balance
    Job satisfaction

ConsPressure of deadlines
    Not state of the art salary structure

Advice to Senior ManagementMore focus on employee awareness about processes would help.

"great company, great opportunities"

Account Executive (Current Employee) Cincinnati, MO

ProsDepth of offer, great market reputation, market leader, solutions orientation...

Consreach of company is going in too many directions a once

Advice to Senior Managementcare more about your people and your company than your career path

Worked for Schneider Electric? Contribute to the Community!