Schneider Electric

Schneider Electric Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Schneider Electric President and CEO Jean-Pascal Tricoire

Jean-Pascal Tricoire

Pros:
  • "Schneider Electric offer a good work life balance environmental situation"
    in 95 reviews
  • "Good benefits and career paths, when you're hired in a R&D position"
    in 23 reviews
Cons:
  • "We are told to have work life balance but cannot leave earlier than boss"
    in 21 reviews
  • "Making it hard for career growth and advancement even if you were trained for next position"
    in 14 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Very good company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLeader in its field and major brand name.

ConsWork-life balance was a bit off.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Every good company to work for, great people and environment.

Applications Engineer (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsGood culture, great place to work. Great opportunities for advancement in other departments.

ConsSalaries are not as competitive. Better negotiate in the beginning!

Advice to Senior ManagementFind people that know what they are doing; they are getting paid why too much

Good foundation building for my career.

ProsGreat work/ life balance, flexible schedules and summer hours. Ability to work from home is nice.

ConsVery political, a lot of bad managers in the organization. HR is difficult to work with and sometimes not very helpful.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs to take a serious look at a lot of the entry level managers. Most are really not meant to manage people.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Inspiring once you get passed the initial cloudiness

Industrialization Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsOrganizational Quality, advancement opportunities, global company

ConsNot enough people running large industrial facilities, stretching current footprint too thin.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook closer into productivity directly affected by weak scrap, rework, pushing orders in, delaying orders due to poor GSA work, etc.

Senior Tendering Engineer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI had worked with Schneider for 8 years , Schneider is good place to work for no more than 2 years at the max.

Cons- They have no recognition to important achievement for employees.
    - During my service along 8 years I won opportunities to company around 17M$, and when asked to pursue my higher education or transfer from one entity to another they claim by cost reduction and they have no rules govern such decisions.
    - No clear objectives.
    - React only when order intakes are low, No planning at all.
    -They raised slogan Schneider is one company but in fact each Entity working separately without any coordination.
    - No master plan governs marketing of products, prices or margin.
    - Too many interventions for more than one entity to one region.
    - 1 out of 4 employees who are working efficiently and hardly.
    - Many employees without doing anything.
    - No vision for career development.
    - They have no internal transfer policy for employees inside organization, the employees who working in X region have no right to work or rehire in y region despite their achievements and professionalism.
    - They hire internship people any assign to them roles for experience employees which impact directly on customer business without care to customer claims.
    - 90% of Schneider customers are one time customer, the other 10% of accounts are suffering but they have no options as they tied their business with specific type of product.
    - In past I recommended company to my friend and I get him hired, but now I will never recommend to any person.
    - They don't respect former employee professionalism, history or work authorization documents.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave to assign right person in right place despite his color, race, ethnic or nationality

Great place to work..... or terrible

ProsWorking at Schneider-Electric is generally pretty good. However, this depends on what department you are aiming for. It seems a lot of departments have a lot of people sitting around doing nothing and being general wastes of space while other departments are worked like slaves. This is from an outside perspective by the way, luckily I am kind of in the middle.... Most management here are products of brown nosing rather than skill based so there are plenty of clueless managers around.

ConsIf you work in a dept that is data entry/sales, you will be worked extra hard....

Management is fairly clueless depending where you work

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe compensation is fairly competitive at Schneider, but they need to learn how to hire from within... When hiring from within, I believe there should be two interviews as well. I have seen management automatically pick someone to be pushed up with no interviews. Instead, how about holding some interviews, then the interviewers manager have an interview? Way too many people are moving up in Schneider due to favoritism and it's pretty obvious.

Inside sales

West Kingston, RI

ProsGreat people, pretty solid line of products and services.

ConsTalk about over abundance of rungs and titles on the corporate ladder. Confusion on company direction and absolute mess with order fulfillment. Lots of paper-pushing and not very flexible for moving around the company with different positions. Make sure you slug the kook-aid when you arrive!

Advice to Senior ManagementTake responsibility for problems and work with those on the front lines to fix and improve those issues.

Good place to work

ProsFun, Flexible, good atmosphere, great people and lots of employee activities.

ConsDepends on the branch or industry you are in but I would office politics.

Great potential for growth,, bureaucracy stifles speed of execution

Director, (Current Employee)
    Raleigh, NC

ProsGlobal company even if poor global implementation
    Good people
    Vision, mission, strategy are good, CEO good

ConsThe BU silos are still far too strong, makes it difficult to serve customers
    Far too many titled mgrs with limited accountability
    Senior managers are not listening as well as in the past as company has gotten so large

Advice to Senior ManagementFewer strategists, more doers,reduce management overlap in field and BU's, etc get IT systems that work better, listen to field people, stop changing org dramatically every year

OFallon MO location is an unpleasant place to work

O Fallon, MO

ProsSalaries and benefits are OK.

ConsOld technologies often used for new products. Open office environment is cramped and disruptive. Numerous layoffs have resulted in many disgruntled personnel resulting in a highly dysfunctional environment. Extensive video surveillance of all office space, labs, and meeting rooms. Advanced monitoring and productivity software is deployed to track and measure all employees computer use. Opportunities for career advancement in OFallon are almost non-existent without relocating elsewhere. Many capable employees have left for better jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementLocal managers lack leadership and have no real interest in their employees.

Worked for Schneider Electric? Contribute to the Community!

Schneider Electric Videos

Schneider Electric – Why Work for Us?

The global specialist in energy management, Schneider Electric comprises more than 140,000 employees working in 100+ countries. Schneider Electric has a 177-year legacy of innovation, international scope, and corporate… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Schneider Electric reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Schneider Electric CEO Jean-Pascal Tricoire. All 681 reviews posted anonymously by Schneider Electric employees.