Schneider Electric

Schneider Electric Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Schneider Electric President and CEO Jean-Pascal Tricoire

Jean-Pascal Tricoire

Pros:
  • "Schneider Electric offer a good work life balance environmental situation"
    in 95 reviews
  • "Good benefits and career paths, when you're hired in a R&D position"
    in 23 reviews
Cons:
  • "We are told to have work life balance but cannot leave earlier than boss"
    in 21 reviews
  • "Making it hard for career growth and advancement even if you were trained for next position"
    in 14 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Global specialist in energy management offering endless opportunities for career development.

Buyer (Current Employee)

ProsGreat opportunity for job growth, very competitive benefits, flexible work schedules, and a multitude of office locations are only the start of the great things about working for Schneider. I love going into work every day and knowing that I am actively contributing to making our earth a more sustainable place.

ConsSome people have complained that they don't make enough money, but I have been satisfied with my compensation. Also, office politics can get in the way of progress sometimes, but I am sure that is true of many places.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold more town-hall style meetings to get feedback from the "soldiers on the ground." Many of us have great ideas to contribute!

High flexibility but not many career growth opportunities

Engineering Manager (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsGreat place to work. Very flexible.

ConsNot many career growth opportunities.

Nice company, great people but a bit political

Quotation (Current Employee)
    Nashville, TN

ProsThe company is moving forward. It has locations just about everywhere. Great people to work with. Good benefits.

ConsAs expected for such a big corporation, it can be a bit political sometimes. Pay is not so great. Financial support for masters is not that meaningful.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working at Schneider, I learned so much and met many great people.

Loves Park, IL

ProsSchneider Electric is a global company so there is always opportunities to expand to other divisions of the company. They provide great benefits and always welcome advice as to how to improve the business.

ConsI cannot speak for any other departments or divisions but the department I worked in did not really allow a great work/personal life balance. It was a bit difficult in that aspect. Also, Schneider as a whole is such a HUGE company that sometimes everything gets a bit warbled together and it gets difficult to understand the ultimate goal of the company. Even though Schneider owns many other companies, sometimes it might be better to keep them sort of separate. For example, Schneider purchased our division which was TAC. They should have probably left the name as TAC, A division of Schneider Electric.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. They do have great ideas sometimes.

Great place to work.

ProsThe work life balance is very good.

ConsJob security it always up in the air.

Lots of Opportunities, none of them for you.

Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    West Kingston, RI

ProsLots of young, friendly, enthusiastic coworkers, excellent and intense customer service and technical experience packed into a very short time frame. Great 5-week educational period during "on-boarding". Decent cafeteria! George made a mean tuna melt.

ConsWhen you're brought on to the professional development program, you are promised and tantalized with "growing your career" and "going anywhere you want." The reality of what actually happened was a bit sobering:

After your 5-week on-boarding and training, you are put on the phones in a call center and take calls. That's it. They record your calls, make you listen to them and discuss them with you, you are graded on the calls. They track every minute of your day (no really, there is software that tracks when you aren't available to take a phone call and you're graded on that, too). This is all fine when you start for the first two months or so. After a bit, the monotony and stress of the phone calls starts to wear on you. That's also expected though, and they tell you that up front. You're going to want to get off of the call center. That is where the promises up front differ drastically from the reality of the situation. Unless you want to go directly into a inside sales role, you DON'T get to get off of the phones. They act surprised and shocked when you explain that sales isn't for you and that you learned this through your experiences on the phones. My direct manager made many excellent efforts in trying to find me something that I was more interested in, but every door I knocked on was locked from the inside. Jobs were filled by pre-chosen candidates before interviews were held. Positions were posted and the hiring managers acted like the posting didn't exist, and would never respond to emails or phone calls. It was all very strange and baffling to a fresh graduate looking to find their way in the corporate world. The moral of the story here is: If you know that you'd like to get into a lucrative sales position, by all means this is the program for you. You can be off of the phones in 6-12 months and into a region in no time at all. However, if you're not sure if a quota-based sales position is for you, this job will slowly kill your resolve and motivation and turn you into a husk of your once-enthusiastic self, wallowing in self-doubt and frustrated confusion.

Advice to Senior ManagementI know for a fact that Jean Pascal and Laurent Vernerey are visionary and smart guys, but the many, many layers of middle management, team leaders and supervisors with numerous and confusing branches of departmental confusion make any advice I could offer absolutely pointless.

This is an okay place to work.

Recept/Assistant Order Serv Clerk (Former Employee)
    Andover, MA

ProsThe medical benefits and 401k options are amazing. They have great vacation policies and flexible schedules.

ConsTheir main focus is to outsource everything they can. Doing things the cheap way and not the best way. Most functions are overseas.

Good company, but losing its way in treating employees.

ProsThe company has good career opportunities, a valuable market, and good compensation. The company share plan for employees is excellent and not as taken advantage of as it should be.

It is a technology leader and follows through in its green initiatives.

ConsSchneider Electric believes in the right things however their size and bureaucracy has led to the company feeling like a behemoth that cannot react in a timely manner. This negatively impacts their greatest asset the people working for them. The efforts to stay profitable are reducing middle management staff levels and the lack of attention or care for employees results in further strain and loss of talent.

The Human Resources in Schneider Electric has become so globalized and shared that there is no attention or follow up paid to employee concerns. Big programs speak about employees, but this is no substitute for being available and listening.

Driving for financial results results in organizational changes every couple of months and very little continuity.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour financial compensation for employees is excellent, but you ignore the other aspects of working for a company. The middle management leaders do not live the principles the company believes in and HR is so reactive and stretched there is no proactive engagement or improvement. This will result in further stresses and lost talent as the drive to meet financial performance goals.

Fast-paced environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood compensation rate, fun in-house activities like field day, free ice cream etc. Good location far away from city traffic. In-house cafeteria with a good daily selection if you don't feel like traveling out for lunch.

ConsNo furthering of education, reliant heavily upon contractors who get no benefits and are constantly reminded that they are expendable. Different policies between departments that conflict with company-wide policies make it hard to know what is acceptable and what isn't. Constant restructuring and a high turnover rate, even with full-time permanent employees.

A solid product focused global company, struggling to deliver solutions

ProsPortfolio breadth
    People are great and supportive

ConsLack of product / BU integration strategy limits market impact.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in solutions capabilities.

Worked for Schneider Electric? Contribute to the Community!

Schneider Electric Videos

Schneider Electric – Why Work for Us?

The global specialist in energy management, Schneider Electric comprises more than 140,000 employees working in 100+ countries. Schneider Electric has a 177-year legacy of innovation, international scope, and corporate… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Schneider Electric reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Schneider Electric CEO Jean-Pascal Tricoire. All 683 reviews posted anonymously by Schneider Electric employees.