Schneider Electric

Schneider Electric Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Schneider Electric President and CEO Jean-Pascal Tricoire

Jean-Pascal Tricoire

Pros
  • Schneider Electric offer a good work life balance environmental situation(in 104 reviews)

• Good benefits, Nice people; Much potential to expand and grow; Good employee perks(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • We are told to have work life balance but cannot leave earlier than boss(in 21 reviews)

• Making it hard for career growth and advancement even if you were trained for next position(in 17 reviews)

Good place

Manager (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsGreat people, global outreach, interesting opportunities to develop, great work-life balance

Conslower salaries, slow career progression

Great place to work as a young professional.

ProsGreat work/life balance. Good benefits and great people!

ConsThe offices are sometimes located in the suburbs, which can make commuting a little challenging.

My experience....6.5 yrs

Anonymous (Current Employee) West Kingston, RI

ProsGood benefits, Nice people; Much potential to expand and grow; Good employee perks

ConsToo many young people with little to no experience; Career growth is only possible if you have connections; Everything is controlled by sales; No process is ever followed; Angry customers threaten to take business elsewhere; Lack of ethic and responsibility from the newer college grads. If management actually listened or read the surveys, they would know this. Their idea of corporate life is not for simple, family-oriented individuals. Every day is like high school all over again. I miss professionalism and seeing hard work pay off.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease stop hiring know it all team leaders who know nothing about the work, because it only hurts the teams! Help your employees grow, not just talk about it. It doesnt matter how many jobs are open, if the managers get to choose friends over others. Offer skills training classes and be the leaders that we believe you are. Everyone likes their job, but were starting to feel like a number.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Global specialist in energy management offering endless opportunities for career development.

Buyer (Current Employee)

ProsGreat opportunity for job growth, very competitive benefits, flexible work schedules, and a multitude of office locations are only the start of the great things about working for Schneider. I love going into work every day and knowing that I am actively contributing to making our earth a more sustainable place.

ConsSome people have complained that they don't make enough money, but I have been satisfied with my compensation. Also, office politics can get in the way of progress sometimes, but I am sure that is true of many places.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold more town-hall style meetings to get feedback from the "soldiers on the ground." Many of us have great ideas to contribute!

High flexibility but not many career growth opportunities

Engineering Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat place to work. Very flexible.

ConsNot many career growth opportunities.

Overall just an ok experience.

ProsExcellent Benefits and compensation. Excellent new building in the area. Hours are flexible.

ConsCompany is geared toward everything being overseas. Very difficult to work for a company that is constantly taking jobs away and outsourcing them.

Typical cube farm mentality using 10 year old software

Sales Engineer (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsHad a qtrly bonus plan the last year I was there. I could work from home 3 days a week. Benefits just average.

ConsCube farm. 12-13 hour days for me when I left. Graying employee base being replaced by young punks with no real world experience. Decent benefits but nothing special. Hard to take vay cay with no back up. Forget sick days. They dont exist. Ancient software and apps. New apps worse than old apps. Low bid hardware with 3 year leases. Outsourced and off shored all internal IT and tech support that is just terrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementCube farms suck. Develop or buy good software and apps. Bring back employee IT and tech support. Stop off shoring and out sourcing everything. Hire enough people so your employees can take vacation and sick days.

First job out of college

Project Engineer (Current Employee)

Prosflexible schedule, easy work, good coworkers with few exceptions

ConsTools needed to do the work required isn't always approved for the oddest reasons, I'm either extremely busy or doing nothing at all, the training feels more like a sales pitch, upward mobility is based on time at the company and not the amount of work you do or the difficulty level, pay raises do not match increases in cost of living.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen tools are needed to accomplish work another company has paid for us to do, those tools should be available to the person assigned to do the work or it shouldn't be offered as something we can do.

Office politics take over a lot and so reviews of workers should be based off performance documents and ends results and not fellow coworkers.

Good way to stay my career but not to continue it...

Mechanical Design Engineer (Current Employee) Columbia, SC

ProsGreat people, benefits, and easy work

ConsManagement, Compensation is low compared to other companies in similar markets, retention due to career development becoming stagnet

Advice to Senior ManagementPay engineers better or promote and develop careers so that retention issues will be solved

Lots of Opportunities, none of them for you.

Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) West Kingston, RI

ProsLots of young, friendly, enthusiastic coworkers, excellent and intense customer service and technical experience packed into a very short time frame. Great 5-week educational period during "on-boarding". Decent cafeteria! George made a mean tuna melt.

ConsWhen you're brought on to the professional development program, you are promised and tantalized with "growing your career" and "going anywhere you want." The reality of what actually happened was a bit sobering:

After your 5-week on-boarding and training, you are put on the phones in a call center and take calls. That's it. They record your calls, make you listen to them and discuss them with you, you are graded on the calls. They track every minute of your day (no really, there is software that tracks when you aren't available to take a phone call and you're graded on that, too). This is all fine when you start for the first two months or so. After a bit, the monotony and stress of the phone calls starts to wear on you. That's also expected though, and they tell you that up front. You're going to want to get off of the call center. That is where the promises up front differ drastically from the reality of the situation. Unless you want to go directly into a inside sales role, you DON'T get to get off of the phones. They act surprised and shocked when you explain that sales isn't for you and that you learned this through your experiences on the phones. My direct manager made many excellent efforts in trying to find me something that I was more interested in, but every door I knocked on was locked from the inside. Jobs were filled by pre-chosen candidates before interviews were held. Positions were posted and the hiring managers acted like the posting didn't exist, and would never respond to emails or phone calls. It was all very strange and baffling to a fresh graduate looking to find their way in the corporate world. The moral of the story here is: If you know that you'd like to get into a lucrative sales position, by all means this is the program for you. You can be off of the phones in 6-12 months and into a region in no time at all. However, if you're not sure if a quota-based sales position is for you, this job will slowly kill your resolve and motivation and turn you into a husk of your once-enthusiastic self, wallowing in self-doubt and frustrated confusion.

Advice to Senior ManagementI know for a fact that Jean Pascal and Laurent Vernerey are visionary and smart guys, but the many, many layers of middle management, team leaders and supervisors with numerous and confusing branches of departmental confusion make any advice I could offer absolutely pointless.

Worked for Schneider Electric? Contribute to the Community!