Schneider Electric Reviews

Reset
3.4
Schneider Electric President and CEO Jean-Pascal Tricoire
Jean-Pascal Tricoire

Pros
  • The work life balance is very good (in 124 reviews)

• Good benefits but employee cost is escalating (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • To say SE has a bad work life balance is a complete lie (in 29 reviews)

• Not many career growth opportunities (in 18 reviews)

1,166 Employee Reviews

Just in! French-led company impossible with financial expectations and lousy ethics....wait, that's not news.

Current Employee - Supervisor in Smyrna, TN
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Smyrna, TN

Pros

Global company with more opportunity outside of just one location; excellent instructor-led classes and benefits

Cons

Senior management leadership is a joke; very bureaucratic to the detriment of the company, no central information technology linking all their conglomerates or even within their major brands, working folks to the point of developed medical conditions because of scrimping on labor costs and having folks do quadruple the work; running off excellent employees and keeping the ones that really need to go

Advice to Management

Stop the nonsensical bureaucracy and listen to your locations; allow leadership to happen on the local level and for the love of God, please employ the right people into leadership and empower them to actually make a difference. Do not continue to stifle people's morale and potential by consistently presenting impossible financial barriers.

Square D Software Engineer

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Florence, KY
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Florence, KY

Pros

Workload is manageable, deadlines are not too bad

Cons

Feel like a small cog in a very large machine. Currently members of the team often fail to show up to meetings, do work, and attempt to get credit for work they did not do.

Advice to Management

It would be a step in the right direction to fire people who fail to perform anything less than the absolute bare minimum.

I don't even know where to start!

Former Employee - Services Sales Executive in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Services Sales Executive in Parsippany, NJ

Pros

Money was ok, they pretty much leave you alone to run your own territory. Fairly good service reps although most are pretty green. The product quality is still fairly good, but slipping fast. Alot of recall issues, not a great product line for a services salesperson. Coming from the manufacturing world I couldn't believe the number of salespeople they have for thier standard product when everything is sold through distribution anyway? The long-term Square D folks >20years were professional and technically competent.

Cons

Lack of inside support, lack of managerial support, lack of technical sales talent. This job never ended as they added more and more territory and made up product to your work load with absolutely no management support. Management is too busy looking over thier shoulder up the chain to care about the average employee. Specifically in NJ/NY the management was terrible. Constant struggle to get inside people to follow rules made up by management as you go. Always be prepared to leave this company as they lie to get you in and drop you in a heartbeat if it doesn't fit managements mold. I saw so many people come and go and come back, I got the feeling they really had no idea of what they were doing. Covered probably the largest territory for services for 5 years without a thanks, only what have you done for me lately. Too bad the French had to go and mess up such a good brand. Everything is "by Schneider", Square D, APC etc.. Tough to sell services when they really only have one or two products. The rest is all sub to an aquisition company and passthrough to make the services $$ look bloated and like actual growth.

Advice to Management

To senior management, listen to both sides of the story before you jump to decisions. To middle management listlen period. To anyone looking to join this company, have a 3-5 year plan to get out.

A waste of time

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palatine, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palatine, IL

Pros

Benefits were comparable Work-life balance was OK

Cons

No career growth No career opportunities Management care about themselves only The direction of the company is horrible

Advice to Management

Employees are not engaged or committed, management does not care about its employees at all

6. IT related

Former Employee - IT Related in Clovis, CA
    Former Employee - IT Related in Clovis, CA

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If you are hired directly by Schneider-Electric, it would be a good company to work for.

Cons

If you company was bought by Schneider-Electric good luck. They will layoff 50% of workforce within a year. Promise whoever is left with a salary adjustment to the industry norm and before the adjustments are to take affect, outsource you.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to save your a**es and look after your employees.

Layoff Happy environment in the USA

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Nashville, TN

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, who care about their peers

Cons

Everyone is in fear of being laid off all the time. It's toxic

Corporate don'ts

Former Employee - Team Leader in Clovis, CA
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Clovis, CA

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, average pay for the amount of work desired, educational opportunities and financial support

Cons

High paced corporate attitude, little to no consideration for hourly employees as valuable assets, little to no job security leading to low moral

Advice to Management

When costs cutting, start at the top of the management tier and make that well known among all hourly employees.

Bad management=Bad experience

Pros

The people I worked with were very friendly, in fact I don't think I've ever gotten along better with any other co-workers. I enjoyed having lunch with them everyday.

Cons

Unfortunately, the same cannot be said of the management. They are full of selfish people who are only interested in getting their own objectives accomplished. My section constantly got work piled on us even though we had a deadline for something else to meet. I was promised that I would be trained on a forklift, but they never did, and when my supervisor tried to talk to them about it, they did not respond. As such I was criticized by the management for being "too slow". How can I work fast if I'm not trained on the machine that I need to pull boxes down!! My advice is to stay away from this company.

Advice to Management

Learn to listen to your supervisors when you are informed that more people are needed to meet a deadline. And stop blaming others for your own mistakes.

Whatever you do, don't get old.

Former Employee - Senior Technical Writer in O'Fallon, MO
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Writer in O'Fallon, MO

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I loved the company when I started (before it was bought by the French). Personal growth and development were encouraged and rewarded.

Cons

Open office environment in St. Louis, too many folks playing while others are working. Management doesn't care, and too many people are backstabbing to get ahead. Heavy workload without commensurate compensation.

Advice to Management

Show more appreciation for the efforts of the people who helped you get ahead.

One Schneider

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Billerica, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Billerica, MA

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Schneider Electric offers very competitive compensation for minimum effort and contribution. Work / life balance, in its unspoken and unofficial, actual practice in North Billerica definitely allows for flexibility that is fantastic for employees leading a decent family lifestyle. The work is challenging and your colleagues, for the most part, are pleasant enough and relatively friendly in most cases. And there's not a huge sense of pressure or hard deadlines. Things are pretty carefree and loose in the office regarding the pace of the actual work, timelines and overall aspects of the general work environment.

Cons

The company feels a bit 'pretend' and conveys no sense of connected communication with employees at the individual contributor level. There's a lot of surface discussion about feedback and improving the company, but not any sense of urgency or realistic action to start addressing the major company-wide issues in any reasonable projected span of time. Because there is such a huge disconnect between the lowest level of management and the individual contributors. And because that level of management seems to be too busy managing upwards to really do much else directly with their team, you are left in a vague situation that is not only distracting and unfocused, but also tends to encourage strange team dynamics and issues that never get dealt with in a productive and meaningful way. Like many gigantic corporations, Schneider suffers from having many disconnected silos of workers all working toward inefficient and circular overlapping efforts, sometimes even within the very same delivery team. And there is little-to no-guidance to help manage these dysfunctions and idiosyncratic bumblings. Worst of all to me is the eerie sense that everyone is in it for the wrong reasons. There was a genuine lack of passion from members of the team I was on. They were happy and supposedly 'engaged' in the work, but I got the sense that the competitive paycheck and comfortable, unchallenging and slow-paced environment really suited the majority of employees and what they aspired to in life. No real movers and shakers from what I could see. In the end I was discarded after trying to get support and guidance for several months from my direct manager. It was easier for the company to label me as some sort of troublemaker and dismiss me as 'not a good fit' than to put the team through a short period of slight discomfort and maybe start making reasonable progress at the pace of most other corporations out there. I'm sure its all for the best, but I was barely given the chance and my team was simply too green and xenophobic to deal with me and the vision I wanted to bring to Schneider Electric.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you're doing, you're a big successful company and you really know how to lead the way.

Showing 1,166 of 1,265 reviews