Schneider Electric

Schneider Electric Reviews

Updated Apr 12, 2014

Schneider Electric President and CEO Jean-Pascal Tricoire

Jean-Pascal Tricoire

Pros:
  • "Schneider Electric offer a good work life balance environmental situation"
    in 75 reviews
  • "Good Benefits, Good work environment"
    in 22 reviews
Cons:
  • "We are told to have work life balance but cannot leave earlier than boss"
    in 16 reviews
  • "Making it hard for career growth and advancement even if you were trained for next position"
    in 14 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Try at ABB

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Getafe (Spain)

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time for more than 8 years

ProsStill looking for ant Pro...maybe they pay at time every month

ConsTrying to find any challenge...career evolution is only available for weak profiles, typical from low added value sales

Advice to Senior ManagementTurn inside-out

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Senior Tendering Engineer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time

ProsI had worked with Schneider for 8 years , Schneider is good place to work for no more than 2 years at the max.

Cons- They have no recognition to important achievement for employees.
- During my service along 8 years I won opportunities to company around 17M$, and when asked to pursue my higher education or transfer from one entity to another they claim by cost reduction and they have no rules govern such decisions.
- No clear objectives.
- React only when order intakes are low, No planning at all.
-They raised slogan Schneider is one company but in fact each Entity working separately without any coordination.
- No master plan governs marketing of products, prices or margin.
- Too many interventions for more than one entity to one region.
- 1 out of 4 employees who are working efficiently and hardly.
- Many employees without doing anything.
- No vision for career development.
- They have no internal transfer policy for employees inside organization, the employees who working in X region have no right to work or rehire in y region despite their achievements and professionalism.
- They hire internship people any assign to them roles for experience employees which impact directly on customer business without care to customer claims.
- 90% of Schneider customers are one time customer, the other 10% of accounts are suffering but they have no options as they tied their business with specific type of product.
- In past I recommended company to my friend and I get him hired, but now I will never recommend to any person.
- They don't respect former employee professionalism, history or work authorization documents.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave to assign right person in right place despite his color, race, ethnic or nationality

Disappointing !

Engineer (Former Employee)
Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCompany has good Values but not spread well.
Good set of Global Tools available for use.

ConsPoor salary compared to competitors
Political (based on nationality) for promotions & salaries.
Too many take over of other companies and no proper integration.
Not decisive for various issues in the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetain good talents by providing them incentives be it salary or promotion.
Keep a mixed culture.
Improve and provide training to the right people.
Hire people with the right skills & communication.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Frustrating, non constructive, too much blabla. Top management and operations are in two different worlds.

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat working tools, International company, has some great technical people

ConsHeavy structure. There is no such Schneider Spirit. Too much blabla and fake communication. Blind top management or not interested in operations. Looks like a trader's company

Advice to Senior ManagementConnect to your people. Do not spoil your talents. Reward work. Teach manager that hide and seek is not productive. It may save you for some time but will never give you a career.

Schneider Electric - Solar Canada (Vancouver)

Senior Design Engineer (Current Employee)
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time for more than 10 years

ProsBetter benefits than other smaller companies.

ConsThe new management has a very weak understanding of solar power electronics R&D. Despite of this fact, they are active in calling important decisions, which unfortunately is reflected in poor performance. Micromanagement in another negative factor which isolated few principal engineers which their voices are reduced to zero and they chose a political correctness instead.

Advice to Senior ManagementVPs and Managers: empower the Engineering since your expertise and experience is very low. Better focus on marketing, company's vision and less how to lead the Engineering engine. In more than 10 years of experience in this company, this is the worst management performance I've ever witnessed. I hope this will be corrected.

Systems Application Engineer

Applications Engineer (Current Employee)
La Vergne, TN

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time for less than a year

Prosif you get with the crowd you are immune to criticism and will keep your position.

ConsSo they recruited me from school along 30 others. The put us through a rigorous training program, and then they laid us off. This was in the space of four months. Based on the information they gave us, it appears they recruited us just to lay us off with senior members so that they do not violate the age discrimination act. If you are an international student DO NOT APPLY HERE!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementNepotism is rampant, if you are in the club you will do well. If not you are out!

Everything is in shambles

Sales (Current Employee)
Taguig (Philippines)

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time for less than a year

ProsFree coffee, juice at the pantry and nice office even if we don't fit. Global reputation is good and that helps a bit.

ConsWeak management, no directions and no support. They don't care about the employees and this is reflected through the compensation, benefits and the way they treat the employees. The leaders do not set an example and are indecisive. Expats/ Foreign employees dominate.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a clear plan on how implementation is to be done. It is confusing everyone and affecting financials. Employees matter.Please care.

Electrical Engineer at Schneider Electric Solar BU

Senior Electrical Engineer (Current Employee)
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time for more than 5 years

ProsA life experience that teaches one how traits like dishonesty, obedience, back-stabbing, assuming other's credits get rewarded.

ConsDirective autocratic management style where obedience is the most valued "quality". Dishonest middle management which is assuming subordinates credits, enforces decisions but does not take responsibility when things don't turn out well.
Work-life balance:
  - if one knows much and can cover multiple areas has no life at all. Will be cynically pushed beyond any limits without any extra compensation. On the contrary due to unreasonably amount of work and pressure, he/she will inherently miss deadlines and make more mistakes that lead to poor performance reviews and penalties. In the end all the merits/successes go to middle manager.
 - employees with limited expertise have a better chance of having a better work-life balance with the same compensation like the above group and more likely to get good annual performance reviews.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinuing on this path is alienating the experienced employees and will lead to a high turnover among the best subordinates.

Little Support

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time for more than a year

ProsGood Work/Life Blance, low stress

Consemployee preferences are not taken into consideration, decisions are made to the detriment of all employees, management is more focused on the bottom line than on employees or customers. Collaboration is discouraged.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow through with commitments, don't prolong re-orgs, listen to employees

Olds school management thinking

Human Resources Operation (Former Employee)

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time for more than a year

ProsLots of improvement opportunities so working here will let you learn very fast. Learn both local and French culture.

ConsI didn't know management is so distrust of employees. We have to fill up weekly timesheet. Failing to do so will receive punishment from boss. We are told to have work life balance but cannot leave earlier than boss.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease eliminate underperform management personnel and stop putting blame on ground people.

Worked for Schneider Electric? Contribute to the Community!

Schneider Electric Videos

Schneider Electric – Why Work for Us?

The global specialist in energy management, Schneider Electric comprises more than 140,000 employees working in 100+ countries. Schneider Electric has a 177-year legacy of innovation, international scope, and corporate… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Schneider Electric reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Schneider Electric CEO Jean-Pascal Tricoire. All 600 reviews posted anonymously by Schneider Electric employees.