Schneider Electric

Schneider Electric Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Schneider Electric President and CEO Jean-Pascal Tricoire

Jean-Pascal Tricoire

Pros
  • Schneider Electric offer a good work life balance environmental situation (in 107 reviews)

• Good benefits, Nice people; Much potential to expand and grow; Good employee perks (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • We are told to have work life balance but cannot leave earlier than boss (in 21 reviews)

• Making it hard for career growth and advancement even if you were trained for next position (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights

design engineer

Design Engineer (Current Employee) Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)

ProsGood place, work life balance with the familty

ConsBenefits and salary low, slow grown inside at company

Advice to Senior Managementbenefits

Constant changes in direction; below average pay; "B" players rule

Anonymous (Former Employee) North Kingstown, RI

ProsInternational exposure for some job functions; constant changes in direction enable exposure to many job roles; if you're smart, you'll use your experience here to find a better job at a better company

ConsJob openings often aren't even posted -- they are allocated to "chosen ones." French culture means egregious (bad) behavior that wouldn't stand up to American labor laws. Lower than average pay. Much of the work force is comprised of people who have never worked anywhere else so there are a lot of "B" players. Bad managers are not fired for years -- simply passed from job to job.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen your eyes and clean house. Promote the people who are "A" players and lose the favoritism for those who politic for the next job role. Lose the managers who contribute nothing.

worthwhile

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsStrong company culture for change, many talented people, strong professionals. People focus on developing relationships, which makes it a very pleasant work environment.

ConsToo many divisions/initiatives tackled at same time, synergy is hard to achieve at times. (individual agendas).

Advice to Senior ManagementTalent retention

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I worked my way up from a contract employee to a salaied employee.

Fabrication and Assembly Technician (Former Employee) Seneca, SC

ProsThere are many opportunuties for advancing.

ConsThe only complaint I have is that I was laid off when my product line was relocated to Mexico.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to input from floor-level employees. They have a wealth of knowledge and something to offer.

Geat products, great people to work with !

Business Development Manager (Current Employee) Grenoble (France)

ProsReasonable compensation and great people to work with, great freedom in defining your work schedule and strategy within the position.

ConsLack of cross functionnal communication due to a new matricized organization. French work laws keeps the french entity from getting rid of non motivated employees..

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the engagement and communication with employees, especially concerning the business strategy and objectives which may appear flodded at times

excellent working environment, friendly co operative colleagues

GET (Current Employee) Tungi (Bangladesh)

Prosyou can choose your own career path, good salary, good training opportunities, nice office culture

Consso far HR/ management seemed to be slow, many terms and conditions, not highly paid

Good place

Manager (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsGreat people, global outreach, interesting opportunities to develop, great work-life balance

Conslower salaries, slow career progression

Great place to work as a young professional.

ProsGreat work/life balance. Good benefits and great people!

ConsThe offices are sometimes located in the suburbs, which can make commuting a little challenging.

MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR ENERGY

ProsUnlimited Career Growth and Opportunities. Good Work-Life Balance. Great place to work. Great company to start with. Lots of benefits. Overseas training opportunities and many more.

ConsCadetship training is at developmental and experimental stage.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake Specific Development Plan for Fresh Grads and Cadets.

Overall just an ok experience.

ProsExcellent Benefits and compensation. Excellent new building in the area. Hours are flexible.

ConsCompany is geared toward everything being overseas. Very difficult to work for a company that is constantly taking jobs away and outsourcing them.

Worked for Schneider Electric? Contribute to the Community!