Schneider Electric

Schneider Electric Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Schneider Electric President and CEO Jean-Pascal Tricoire

Jean-Pascal Tricoire

Pros
  • Schneider Electric offer a good work life balance environmental situation (in 107 reviews)

• Good benefits, Nice people; Much potential to expand and grow; Good employee perks (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • We are told to have work life balance but cannot leave earlier than boss (in 21 reviews)

• Making it hard for career growth and advancement even if you were trained for next position (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights

Olds school management thinking

Human Resources Operation (Former Employee)

ProsLots of improvement opportunities so working here will let you learn very fast. Learn both local and French culture.

ConsI didn't know management is so distrust of employees. We have to fill up weekly timesheet. Failing to do so will receive punishment from boss. We are told to have work life balance but cannot leave earlier than boss.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease eliminate underperform management personnel and stop putting blame on ground people.

Management is clueless

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsPay scale is pretty fair. Benefits are adequate

ConsUpper management doesn't have a clue on how to run this once great company.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire competent managers

One Schneider

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) North Billerica, MA

ProsSchneider Electric offers very competitive compensation for minimum effort and contribution. Work / life balance, in its unspoken and unofficial, actual practice in North Billerica definitely allows for flexibility that is fantastic for employees leading a decent family lifestyle. The work is challenging and your colleagues, for the most part, are pleasant enough and relatively friendly in most cases. And there's not a huge sense of pressure or hard deadlines. Things are pretty carefree and loose in the office regarding the pace of the actual work, timelines and overall aspects of the general work environment.

ConsThe company feels a bit 'pretend' and conveys no sense of connected communication with employees at the individual contributor level. There's a lot of surface discussion about feedback and improving the company, but not any sense of urgency or realistic action to start addressing the major company-wide issues in any reasonable projected span of time.

Because there is such a huge disconnect between the lowest level of management and the individual contributors. And because that level of management seems to be too busy managing upwards to really do much else directly with their team, you are left in a vague situation that is not only distracting and unfocused, but also tends to encourage strange team dynamics and issues that never get dealt with in a productive and meaningful way.

Like many gigantic corporations, Schneider suffers from having many disconnected silos of workers all working toward inefficient and circular overlapping efforts, sometimes even within the very same delivery team. And there is little-to no-guidance to help manage these dysfunctions and idiosyncratic bumblings.

Worst of all to me is the eerie sense that everyone is in it for the wrong reasons. There was a genuine lack of passion from members of the team I was on. They were happy and supposedly 'engaged' in the work, but I got the sense that the competitive paycheck and comfortable, unchallenging and slow-paced environment really suited the majority of employees and what they aspired to in life. No real movers and shakers from what I could see.

In the end I was discarded after trying to get support and guidance for several months from my direct manager. It was easier for the company to label me as some sort of troublemaker and dismiss me as 'not a good fit' than to put the team through a short period of slight discomfort and maybe start making reasonable progress at the pace of most other corporations out there. I'm sure its all for the best, but I was barely given the chance and my team was simply too green and xenophobic to deal with me and the vision I wanted to bring to Schneider Electric.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust keep doing what you're doing, you're a big successful company and you really know how to lead the way.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Whatever you do, don't get old.

Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee) O'Fallon, MO

ProsI loved the company when I started (before it was bought by the French). Personal growth and development were encouraged and rewarded.

ConsOpen office environment in St. Louis, too many folks playing while others are working. Management doesn't care, and too many people are backstabbing to get ahead. Heavy workload without commensurate compensation.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow more appreciation for the efforts of the people who helped you get ahead.

Bad management=Bad experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people I worked with were very friendly, in fact I don't think I've ever gotten along better with any other co-workers. I enjoyed having lunch with them everyday.

ConsUnfortunately, the same cannot be said of the management. They are full of selfish people who are only interested in getting their own objectives accomplished. My section constantly got work piled on us even though we had a deadline for something else to meet. I was promised that I would be trained on a forklift, but they never did, and when my supervisor tried to talk to them about it, they did not respond. As such I was criticized by the management for being "too slow". How can I work fast if I'm not trained on the machine that I need to pull boxes down!! My advice is to stay away from this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to listen to your supervisors when you are informed that more people are needed to meet a deadline. And stop blaming others for your own mistakes.

Schneider (Schneider-GSC India-Sucks !!)

Industrial Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsOpportunity to learn n execute,

ConsLot of politics, sadism, top management make people incompetent for outside world, not safe for women as top people itself talk bad things about women in the office (even after complain no action is being taken against people holding position of VP's), Lot of good things on ppt but no connect with reality.

Advice to Senior ManagementWalk the talk, HR function is being dominated by other managers, no focus on people growth, top mgt people talk rough & use abusive language- the same percolates down the line.

Corporate don'ts

Team Leader (Former Employee) Clovis, CA

ProsGood benefits, average pay for the amount of work desired, educational opportunities and financial support

ConsHigh paced corporate attitude, little to no consideration for hourly employees as valuable assets, little to no job security leading to low moral

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen costs cutting, start at the top of the management tier and make that well known among all hourly employees.

Poor IT and HR personnel

Business Development Manager (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsOpportunity to work with people from different countries, race etc. Very diverse culture. Opportunity to work with a wide variety of products, software and solutions.

ConsLots of IT and HR senior management people that do not understand the business and do not care about employees. Priority is given to French or European people. Local talent is put as low priority.

Advice to Senior ManagementWalk to talk. Senior management should get connected to the ground people. Don't go thru layers and layers of middle management and secretary. Understand the ground people.

Terrible Pay

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Sydney (Australia)

ProsLarge international company. Good vision, good products.

Products that promote sustainability.

Good premises.

ConsPay is far worst than industry standard, minimal salary increases (after review 6 months delayed) <5% even after promotion. Trying to hard on Digitisation impacting productivity and efficiency, e.g SPICE.

Many roles moving offshore to centralised lower cost locations.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees what they are worth or lose your talent.

Southern mentality under a big name

Business Analyst (Current Employee) La Vergne, TN

ProsHave big company name. Some are good enthusiastic young people.

ConsLocal company no matter the name. Southern good ol boys company. Constrained mentality and organization chaos. Many promoted managers are incompetent and prevent progress.

Worked for Schneider Electric? Contribute to the Community!