Schneider Electric Reviews

1,085 Employee Reviews

Frat boy style management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work was interesting and since they did gov't work, tolling systems, the work backlog was quite substantial.

Cons

No work life balance. Worked 60+ hrs every week since start. Missed taking holiday for every single holiday I was there. "Yes, sweetie, daddy has to work on Christmas." - That totally sucked. Incredibly bad project management with impossible delivery dates. Office management style seemed to be dominated by frat house rules. Only those liked survived, the project team I was one had a 50% attrition rate in the year I was there.

Advice to Management

Clean house at the PM and lower management layer and hire professionals.

Stay Away!

Current Employee - Engineer in Foxboro, MA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Foxboro, MA

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

this is the most disorganized company that I have ever worked for. Not even the most basic functions seem to work correctly

Cons

the company ripped everyone off for two days pay during the transition from invensys to schneider and they refuse to correct it. We have also losT benefits.

Advice to Management

get better managers

Chaotic operations, poor management and NO sales, service or customer support.

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice people. Outside of the branch there are tremendous resources.

Cons

Chaos. Poor customer support. No sales support. Sales expected to perform operations...commission-based salary without the ability to earn a decent commission.

Advice to Management

Focus on the job at hand, not just how you can look good and make others look bad.

Tolling division is a horrible place to work

Former Employee - Software Test Engineer in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Software Test Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to teach yourself something new Standing desks Downtown atmosphere

Cons

Long Hours Disrespectful management Low pay for experience Unprofessional environment

6. Black Hole of Morale

Current Employee - Marketing Communications Specialist in North Andover Center, MA

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Depending on whether or not your team or department is in favour, there may be opportunity for travel and international experience. There is flexibility in office hours.

Cons

Make sure to learn your Employee ID Number, because that is all you will be. You can be one of the masses collecting a paycheck. More ambitious? Be sure to align yourself with a department head, and wage an eternal war to maintain a job where internal corporate politics becomes your full-time job.

Advice to Management

Internal net promoter scores are ignored, not sure that unsolicited advice would be welcome. Listen to employees and don't treat them with spite.

7. Great, until they moved to China.

Former Employee - Shipper A in Loves Park, IL
    Former Employee - Shipper A in Loves Park, IL

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Friendly people to work with.

Cons

Management could not figure what to do.

Creative Services Manager

Former Employee - Creative Services Manager in West Kingston, RI
    Former Employee - Creative Services Manager in West Kingston, RI

I worked at Schneider Electric

Pros

Ability to learn a varied product line.

Cons

Terrible people evaluation skills at top. Schneider laid off hundreds of full timer and hired temps. Talented loyal employees lost their homes. I will never be a fan of how they treated people.

Advice to Management

Pay attention. You had some loyal team members and you stomped on them. Shame on you.

9. Constant dumping ground

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good amount of paid days off Flexibility with WFH days/Comp time days Decent career opportunities

Cons

Everyone is always just looking for the quickest way to dump their workload on someone else. Mgmt runs out of $$ to promote so they just move you to a role with no compensation or title change. Constant corporate drama in the office. While teams are struggling to maintain workload with an understaffed department, executive leadership is pushing us to hold potlucks and employee events....i'm sorry but I'm too busy trying not to drown every day to participate in that stuff. Too many more to list.

Advice to Management

Work WITH your people, don't just dictate down to them. People will respect you more if you are more engaged with them and make an effort to understand the every day issues.

10. Senior project manager

Former Employee - Manufacturing Operations in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Operations in Chicago, IL

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

benefits, location and some professionals to learn from

Cons

arrogant attitudes and unbearable politics, too many redundant positions and continuous constraints to employees

Advice to Management

Respect your employees

Not Good.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Schneider Electric

Pros

I am a software engineer and my views may be more relevant to software engineers rather than other competencies.(GTCI, Bangalore) 1. The company provides a good work-life balance.The work load is moderate.This is mostly because a lot of review and pondering happen at every stage of the project. 2. The quality of work here is not bad.You may end up doing some projects right from concept to production. 3. The place in inhabited by lot of people who are looking to go a further studies.You may get good company in your preparation for GRE/GMAT etc.You can always not work and get away with it here.Truly.

Cons

What happens when organization is not well defined? 1. Confusion about who does what. A lot of roles are created to keep people happy.There is a project manager and then there is a resource manager. We also have schedulers!( yes,they "own" the MS project files!!!). Wait, we have a product design lead, a software lead, a mech lead, an hardware(electronics)lead. AND we have two-three people who actually do work!! 2. Lot of fighting between these people. - Lot of complaints from the acquired company's employees - they do not want to work with Bangalore for fear of loss of job. What happens if you want to resign ? Answer -1.You may be terminated.(shown the door,literally) 2. You will certainly be asked to serve a notice period of three months..even if you do not have any work to do.. The stand of the CEO here is - I do not care if you warm the chair for that time!! The company is best avoided. Join only if you have no other option.

Advice to Management

Please listen to the concerns of the employees. Proactively address the issues highlighted above.It is YOUR responsibility.

Showing 1,085 of 1,167 reviews