Schneider Electric

Updated September 12, 2014
3.3

Schneider Electric President and CEO Jean-Pascal Tricoire
Jean-Pascal Tricoire

Pros
  • Schneider Electric offer a good work life balance environmental situation (in 107 reviews)

• Good benefits, Nice people; Much potential to expand and grow; Good employee perks (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • We are told to have work life balance but cannot leave earlier than boss (in 21 reviews)

• Making it hard for career growth and advancement even if you were trained for next position (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights

Global specialist in energy management offering endless opportunities for career development.

Current Employee - Buyer
    Current Employee - Buyer

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time

Pros

Great opportunity for job growth, very competitive benefits, flexible work schedules, and a multitude of office locations are only the start of the great things about working for Schneider. I love going into work every day and knowing that I am actively contributing to making our earth a more sustainable place.

Cons

Some people have complained that they don't make enough money, but I have been satisfied with my compensation. Also, office politics can get in the way of progress sometimes, but I am sure that is true of many places.

Hold more town-hall style meetings to get feedback from the "soldiers on the ground." Many of us have great ideas to contribute!

High flexibility but not many career growth opportunities

Current Employee - Engineering Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great place to work. Very flexible.

Cons

Not many career growth opportunities.

Nice company, great people but a bit political

Current Employee - Quotation  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Quotation in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is moving forward. It has locations just about everywhere. Great people to work with. Good benefits.

Cons

As expected for such a big corporation, it can be a bit political sometimes. Pay is not so great. Financial support for masters is not that meaningful.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

First job out of college

Current Employee - Project Engineer
    Current Employee - Project Engineer

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time for more than a year

Pros

flexible schedule, easy work, good coworkers with few exceptions

Cons

Tools needed to do the work required isn't always approved for the oddest reasons, I'm either extremely busy or doing nothing at all, the training feels more like a sales pitch, upward mobility is based on time at the company and not the amount of work you do or the difficulty level, pay raises do not match increases in cost of living.

When tools are needed to accomplish work another company has paid for us to do, those tools should be available to the person assigned to do the work or it shouldn't be offered as something we can do.

Office politics take over a lot and so reviews of workers should be based off performance documents and ends results and not fellow coworkers.

Good way to stay my career but not to continue it...

Current Employee - Mechanical Design Engineer  in  Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Mechanical Design Engineer in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, benefits, and easy work

Cons

Management, Compensation is low compared to other companies in similar markets, retention due to career development becoming stagnet

Pay engineers better or promote and develop careers so that retention issues will be solved

Lots of Opportunities, none of them for you.

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  West Kingston, RI
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in West Kingston, RI

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of young, friendly, enthusiastic coworkers, excellent and intense customer service and technical experience packed into a very short time frame. Great 5-week educational period during "on-boarding". Decent cafeteria! George made a mean tuna melt.

Cons

When you're brought on to the professional development program, you are promised and tantalized with "growing your career" and "going anywhere you want." The reality of what actually happened was a bit sobering:

After your 5-week on-boarding and training, you are put on the phones in a call center and take calls. That's it. They record your calls, make you listen to them and discuss them with you, you are graded on the calls. They track every minute of your day (no really, there is software that tracks when you aren't available to take a phone call and you're graded on that, too). This is all fine when you start for the first two months or so. After a bit, the monotony and stress of the phone calls starts to wear on you. That's also expected though, and they tell you that up front. You're going to want to get off of the call center. That is where the promises up front differ drastically from the reality of the situation. Unless you want to go directly into a inside sales role, you DON'T get to get off of the phones. They act surprised and shocked when you explain that sales isn't for you and that you learned this through your experiences on the phones. My direct manager made many excellent efforts in trying to find me something that I was more interested in, but every door I knocked on was locked from the inside. Jobs were filled by pre-chosen candidates before interviews were held. Positions were posted and the hiring managers acted like the posting didn't exist, and would never respond to emails or phone calls. It was all very strange and baffling to a fresh graduate looking to find their way in the corporate world. The moral of the story here is: If you know that you'd like to get into a lucrative sales position, by all means this is the program for you. You can be off of the phones in 6-12 months and into a region in no time at all. However, if you're not sure if a quota-based sales position is for you, this job will slowly kill your resolve and motivation and turn you into a husk of your once-enthusiastic self, wallowing in self-doubt and frustrated confusion.

I know for a fact that Jean Pascal and Laurent Vernerey are visionary and smart guys, but the many, many layers of middle management, team leaders and supervisors with numerous and confusing branches of departmental confusion make any advice I could offer absolutely pointless.

Senior Sales Engineer

I worked at Schneider Electric

Pros

Global giant and well respected in the industry, even in the eyes of the competitors. High quality products, wide range of products.

Cons

Not in line with industry compensation levels, under paid employees. Always changes internally, whether its structure change, process changes, or "strategic market approach changes, they are always changing. Due to these changes, employees are often effected negatively. Never competitive with the competition.

Stop focusing so much on the "bottom line" and listen to your people in the field. If it means putting your best foot forward the first time, so be it! You will not survive if you don't accept the fact your loosing allot of business due to your competitors being more competitive in the customers eyes.

Working at Schneider, I learned so much and met many great people.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Loves Park, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Loves Park, IL

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Schneider Electric is a global company so there is always opportunities to expand to other divisions of the company. They provide great benefits and always welcome advice as to how to improve the business.

Cons

I cannot speak for any other departments or divisions but the department I worked in did not really allow a great work/personal life balance. It was a bit difficult in that aspect. Also, Schneider as a whole is such a HUGE company that sometimes everything gets a bit warbled together and it gets difficult to understand the ultimate goal of the company. Even though Schneider owns many other companies, sometimes it might be better to keep them sort of separate. For example, Schneider purchased our division which was TAC. They should have probably left the name as TAC, A division of Schneider Electric.

Listen to your employees. They do have great ideas sometimes.

Great place to work.

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The work life balance is very good.

Cons

Job security it always up in the air.

Great work-life balance, great opportunities!

I have been working at Schneider Electric

Pros

Company is very large so I never feel pigeon-holed...I'm able to switch around every couple years so I can stay challenged.

Cons

Like any large manufacturing company, there are still some baby boomers around who want to do things "the way we've always done it". My experience is however, that attitude is on the decline and we're doing a great job of getting in new, fresh talent who are always looking to improve.

Worked for Schneider Electric? Contribute to the Community!