Schneider Electric Reviews

Updated August 26, 2014

3.3

Schneider Electric President and CEO Jean-Pascal Tricoire
Jean-Pascal Tricoire

Pros
  • Schneider Electric offer a good work life balance environmental situation (in 107 reviews)

• Good benefits, Nice people; Much potential to expand and grow; Good employee perks (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • We are told to have work life balance but cannot leave earlier than boss (in 21 reviews)

• Making it hard for career growth and advancement even if you were trained for next position (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights

Looks like a trader's company

Current Employee - Applications Engineer  in  São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Current Employee - Applications Engineer in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time

Pros

Still looking for Pros here...

Cons

-Brazen nepotism

Some opinions given by others that I totally agree and experienced:
    -Not really One company, each Entity working separately without any coordination.

-React only when order intakes are low, no planning at all.

-Sub Par Salary with promises of great bonuses - Followed by a spectacular exhibition of a lack of ethics in bonus calculations and distribution.

Quit trying to move heaven & earth in order to hit some quarterly financial target, while creating a mess that we'll have to clean up in the next quarter.

Not think of get back there ever

Former Employee - Project Engineer  in  Brisbane (Australia)
    Former Employee - Project Engineer in Brisbane (Australia)

I worked at Schneider Electric as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Well on the good side, specially at current market, here can provide a secure job.
    If you have a job at Schneider you can expect to work there until the last day of your contract without being concern of getting redundant.

Cons

The compensation is far less than market normal.
    If you are looking for one of those workplace that put the employee first, then do not come to Schneider. They do not respect their employees in anyway!
    No Training, no internal opportunity, it is all there but not for everyone.

Experience at Schneider Electric

Current Employee - MBA Intern  in  Rueil-Malmaison (France)
    Current Employee - MBA Intern in Rueil-Malmaison (France)

I have been working at Schneider Electric as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great work/life balance. Flexible time.

Cons

No coaching or mentoring, very individualistic culture. Very few career opportunities for Interns.

More emphasis on Leadership Skills Training, Mentoring and Coaching.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Beware, poorly run in the US

Former Employee - Senior Sales Engineer  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Engineer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very good corporate company with good benefits.

Cons

Extremely poor upper management in the US. To much of do this do that, I need this now etc.

Learn how to do your job. Most of the management are not qualified even though they think they know it all. This was the worst company I have ever worked for. I have previously worked for GE, Westinghouse, Siemens and Reliance.

Good way to stay my career but not to continue it...

Current Employee - Mechanical Design Engineer  in  Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Mechanical Design Engineer in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, benefits, and easy work

Cons

Management, Compensation is low compared to other companies in similar markets, retention due to career development becoming stagnet

Pay engineers better or promote and develop careers so that retention issues will be solved

No we don't make wieners !

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Schneider Electric

Pros

Good company with decent pay and good social benefits but be ready for constant reorganization.

Cons

The main way the company grows is by acquiring other companies. Because of this you need to be ready for constant change to the reporting structure.

Because of the mass of the company and number of employees all over the world, communication needs to be key between upper management and employees. The current situation can be greatly improved.

My experience....6.5 yrs

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  West Kingston, RI
    Current Employee - Anonymous in West Kingston, RI

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Cons

Too many young people with little to no experience; Career growth is only possible if you have connections; Everything is controlled by sales; No process is ever followed; Angry customers threaten to take business elsewhere; Lack of ethic and responsibility from the newer college grads. If management actually listened or read the surveys, they would know this. Their idea of corporate life is not for simple, family-oriented individuals. Every day is like high school all over again. I miss professionalism and seeing hard work pay off.

Please stop hiring know it all team leaders who know nothing about the work, because it only hurts the teams! Help your employees grow, not just talk about it. It doesnt matter how many jobs are open, if the managers get to choose friends over others. Offer skills training classes and be the leaders that we believe you are. Everyone likes their job, but were starting to feel like a number.

First job out of college

Current Employee - Project Engineer
    Current Employee - Project Engineer

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time for more than a year

Pros

flexible schedule, easy work, good coworkers with few exceptions

Cons

Tools needed to do the work required isn't always approved for the oddest reasons, I'm either extremely busy or doing nothing at all, the training feels more like a sales pitch, upward mobility is based on time at the company and not the amount of work you do or the difficulty level, pay raises do not match increases in cost of living.

When tools are needed to accomplish work another company has paid for us to do, those tools should be available to the person assigned to do the work or it shouldn't be offered as something we can do.

Office politics take over a lot and so reviews of workers should be based off performance documents and ends results and not fellow coworkers.

Global specialist in energy management offering endless opportunities for career development.

Current Employee - Buyer
    Current Employee - Buyer

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time

Pros

Great opportunity for job growth, very competitive benefits, flexible work schedules, and a multitude of office locations are only the start of the great things about working for Schneider. I love going into work every day and knowing that I am actively contributing to making our earth a more sustainable place.

Cons

Some people have complained that they don't make enough money, but I have been satisfied with my compensation. Also, office politics can get in the way of progress sometimes, but I am sure that is true of many places.

Hold more town-hall style meetings to get feedback from the "soldiers on the ground." Many of us have great ideas to contribute!

Lots of Opportunities, none of them for you.

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  West Kingston, RI
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in West Kingston, RI

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of young, friendly, enthusiastic coworkers, excellent and intense customer service and technical experience packed into a very short time frame. Great 5-week educational period during "on-boarding". Decent cafeteria! George made a mean tuna melt.

Cons

When you're brought on to the professional development program, you are promised and tantalized with "growing your career" and "going anywhere you want." The reality of what actually happened was a bit sobering:

After your 5-week on-boarding and training, you are put on the phones in a call center and take calls. That's it. They record your calls, make you listen to them and discuss them with you, you are graded on the calls. They track every minute of your day (no really, there is software that tracks when you aren't available to take a phone call and you're graded on that, too). This is all fine when you start for the first two months or so. After a bit, the monotony and stress of the phone calls starts to wear on you. That's also expected though, and they tell you that up front. You're going to want to get off of the call center. That is where the promises up front differ drastically from the reality of the situation. Unless you want to go directly into a inside sales role, you DON'T get to get off of the phones. They act surprised and shocked when you explain that sales isn't for you and that you learned this through your experiences on the phones. My direct manager made many excellent efforts in trying to find me something that I was more interested in, but every door I knocked on was locked from the inside. Jobs were filled by pre-chosen candidates before interviews were held. Positions were posted and the hiring managers acted like the posting didn't exist, and would never respond to emails or phone calls. It was all very strange and baffling to a fresh graduate looking to find their way in the corporate world. The moral of the story here is: If you know that you'd like to get into a lucrative sales position, by all means this is the program for you. You can be off of the phones in 6-12 months and into a region in no time at all. However, if you're not sure if a quota-based sales position is for you, this job will slowly kill your resolve and motivation and turn you into a husk of your once-enthusiastic self, wallowing in self-doubt and frustrated confusion.

I know for a fact that Jean Pascal and Laurent Vernerey are visionary and smart guys, but the many, many layers of middle management, team leaders and supervisors with numerous and confusing branches of departmental confusion make any advice I could offer absolutely pointless.

Worked for Schneider Electric? Contribute to the Community!