Schneider Electric

Updated September 21, 2014
3.3

Schneider Electric President and CEO Jean-Pascal Tricoire
Jean-Pascal Tricoire

Pros
  • Schneider Electric offer a good work life balance environmental situation (in 107 reviews)

• Good benefits, Nice people; Much potential to expand and grow; Good employee perks (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • We are told to have work life balance but cannot leave earlier than boss (in 21 reviews)

• Making it hard for career growth and advancement even if you were trained for next position (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights

Okay place to work and the compensation is competitive.

Current Employee - Quality Control  in  Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Quality Control in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good work life balance and the people on the floor are great.

Cons

Have to be in the "In Crowd" to get promoted.

Clean out the management house and start fresh.

Big company feel

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  Palatine, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Palatine, IL

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time for more than a year

Pros

Sable, growing company. Good benefits such as tuition reimbursement. Health benefits are good, nice programs such as reimbursement for fitness expenses.

Cons

Big company where you feel like a number. No concern for employee moral. Jobs are sent wherever they can be done cheapest (ie Mexico) where quality of work is sacrificed and US employees are left to constantly clean up their mistakes. IT and HR extremely difficult to deal with as they are handled by call centers in other countries. Technology is the worst of any company I have ever worked for (lotus notes, very slow Internet, etc). Too many middle managers who are afraid of change and get in the way of progress. Upper management is extremely disconnected from staff.

Look at head count and workload and staff appropriately. Recognize talented innovative employees. Connect with employees and take the time to know what they actually do and listen to their ideas.

commodity manager/Sr Buyer

Former Employee - Commodity Analyst  in  Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Commodity Analyst in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Team work-Benefit-more opportunities transfer jobs

Cons

HR not protected employees- Harassments tool not applied-always protected managements

Need focus and more communication to employees work under -and define good worker around you
    do not pick someone good talker and leave behind someone less talk but that person work hard then other

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Too big to be fun but a good place to get a little experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

They provide plenty of training... The pay is okay. The company has benefits, but they're expensive. A good place to start a career but a terrible place to stay for very long.

Cons

They can't seem to figure out what they want. Lots of initiatives, few accomplishments before the next new thing comes up. A constantly changing landscape of new managers and goals that you never finish before you have to change direction again.
    Because they continue to buy up businesses, there's always a good chance that your job will go somewhere else like many of the jobs in Andover, MA, Dallas, TX, Rockford, IL, Indianapolis, IN. and Clovis, CA
    They did a happiness poll on the internal website and well over 50% of the employees were unhappy so they stopped asking the question.
    In a company this size, you really are just a number. Most people try very hard to stay off the radar screen.

Figure out what you want and set goals. Keep your goals if they're worthwhile and let the people execute. This flavor of the month management kills initiative...

Lack of resources

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time

Pros

Good pay. Work life balance.

Cons

Too much focus on Europe and Asia.

Location Location..

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is a lot of opportunity for growth if you get plugged into the right office with a good manager.

Cons

Poor management structure. No one seems to be on the same page about anything. I think the name of our business unit changed 3-4 times in 2 years. I had 5 different managers in 3 years and they redrew our regions at least 3 times. Also, there is absolutely no company culture.

Train your employees and communicate effectively. Make them feel empowered to make decisions about their careers.

Steady advancement through career path, team environment, flexibility

I worked at Schneider Electric for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexibility, culture, people
    Good benefits
    Profit Share
    Hire from Within

Cons

Low pay
    Attached to Blackberry
    Pay not adequate for responsibilities
    Benefits increase every year

Like Auschwitz without the gas

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time

Pros

The Starting Pay and Benefits

Cons

You will be run like slaves here and nothing is ever good enough. Training here is non-existent and you will need to be as good as everyone else that works there within a couple of weeks. If you aren't you will be gone. Unless you are someone that has been here for many years and old then you get easy jobs that require no effort or intelligence. Unsafe work environment. You can't report anything unsafe either or risk being fired or harassed for doing so.

You're lucky you have a monopoly.

A corporate version of "Logan's Run": if you're over 30, you're doomed!

Current Employee - Senior Analyst
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There is a strong commitment to Safety, and work-life balance is also reasonable. The company's overall mission, to deliver efficient energy solutions to customers all over the globe, is both interesting and especially important given the world we live in today.

Cons

If you're fresh out of college, Schneider Electric rolls out the red carpet and treats you like a rock star, but if you're a mid-career hire, it's an entirely different story. There is no discussion about career development (forget about ever going to a conference) and opportunities to move within the company are extremely difficult.

In my case I was basically lied to when hired, supposedly to help with a major project which (as it turns out) has never begun, and isn't likely to in the next several years. When I asked HR for help in trying to find a different position within the company, I was given the sage advice, "try networking". Gee, thanks, I never would have thought of that.

Try to establish priorities, not only telling people what to do but telling them what not to do - you can't have everything.

Also, quit trying to move heaven & earth in order to hit some quarterly financial target, while creating a mess that we'll have to clean up in the next quarter.

Great experience.

I have been working at Schneider Electric

Pros

Interesting and different work environment.

Cons

Cross communication and activity integration.

Worked for Schneider Electric? Contribute to the Community!