Schneider Electric

Schneider Electric Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Schneider Electric President and CEO Jean-Pascal Tricoire

Jean-Pascal Tricoire

Pros
  • Schneider Electric offer a good work life balance environmental situation (in 107 reviews)

• Good benefits, Nice people; Much potential to expand and grow; Good employee perks (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • We are told to have work life balance but cannot leave earlier than boss (in 21 reviews)

• Making it hard for career growth and advancement even if you were trained for next position (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights

Corporate to the point where you are disposable at anytime

Product Manager (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsGreat Benefits, Good Co-workers, many locations if you would like to work in other offices. Huge company, recognized globally.

ConsExtremely cut throat, Not flexible, Unwilling to work with you, but want to receive everything. Salary low for the position.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo work with employees and give them a chance to grow within the company. Learn to Listen to the workforce.

Great company, loved my job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsManagement is awesome, people are knowledgeable and team oriented

ConsMany growing pains with multiple acquisitions trying to figure out who the new Schneider Electric is going to be

Going downhill at an ever accelerating rate

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Fort Collins, CO

ProsNo complaints about Schneider Electric overall, just the Fort Collins site.
    Plenty of good co-workers.
    Nice place to live.
    Office is dog-friendly.

ConsI've never worked anywhere that fired so many people and did it so inhumanely and then tried to hide it. Many people have gotten fed up and left the company. Very few replacements hired. Not meeting obligations to customers because of resource shortages.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook into and address the attrition - both from firings and from people leaving in disgust.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

As a temporary associate, I was treated well.

Receiving Associate (Current Employee) Mechanicsburg, PA

ProsGood pay and good hours.

ConsThe employees are constantly spreading rumors and gossiping about one another.

Huge company with many options for career direction

Engineer (Current Employee) Knightdale, NC

ProsGlobal opportunities, lots of training available

ConsManagement doesn't understand what lower level workers are doing & they don't care. It's very "us versus them."

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees more kindly and honestly.

Inside sales

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) West Kingston, RI

ProsGreat people, pretty solid line of products and services.

ConsTalk about over abundance of rungs and titles on the corporate ladder. Confusion on company direction and absolute mess with order fulfillment. Lots of paper-pushing and not very flexible for moving around the company with different positions. Make sure you slug the kook-aid when you arrive!

Advice to Senior ManagementTake responsibility for problems and work with those on the front lines to fix and improve those issues.

Good foundation building for my career.

ProsGreat work/ life balance, flexible schedules and summer hours. Ability to work from home is nice.

ConsVery political, a lot of bad managers in the organization. HR is difficult to work with and sometimes not very helpful.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs to take a serious look at a lot of the entry level managers. Most are really not meant to manage people.

Inspiring once you get passed the initial cloudiness

Industrialization Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsOrganizational Quality, advancement opportunities, global company

ConsNot enough people running large industrial facilities, stretching current footprint too thin.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook closer into productivity directly affected by weak scrap, rework, pushing orders in, delaying orders due to poor GSA work, etc.

Senior Tendering Engineer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI had worked with Schneider for 8 years , Schneider is good place to work for no more than 2 years at the max.

Cons- They have no recognition to important achievement for employees.
    - During my service along 8 years I won opportunities to company around 17M$, and when asked to pursue my higher education or transfer from one entity to another they claim by cost reduction and they have no rules govern such decisions.
    - No clear objectives.
    - React only when order intakes are low, No planning at all.
    -They raised slogan Schneider is one company but in fact each Entity working separately without any coordination.
    - No master plan governs marketing of products, prices or margin.
    - Too many interventions for more than one entity to one region.
    - 1 out of 4 employees who are working efficiently and hardly.
    - Many employees without doing anything.
    - No vision for career development.
    - They have no internal transfer policy for employees inside organization, the employees who working in X region have no right to work or rehire in y region despite their achievements and professionalism.
    - They hire internship people any assign to them roles for experience employees which impact directly on customer business without care to customer claims.
    - 90% of Schneider customers are one time customer, the other 10% of accounts are suffering but they have no options as they tied their business with specific type of product.
    - In past I recommended company to my friend and I get him hired, but now I will never recommend to any person.
    - They don't respect former employee professionalism, history or work authorization documents.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave to assign right person in right place despite his color, race, ethnic or nationality

Great Culture, Great people

ProsThe company has a great culture that is focused on employee development, feedback, and really does place a value on workplace flexibility. Managers try to do the right thing, and employees are dedicated to their work.

ConsThe senior leadership team makes changes constantly without allowing time for the changes to take place and assessing what worked/what didn't work. Change is good if done for the right reason, but constant change creates a great deal of uncertainty with employees

Advice to Senior ManagementTake time to assess the latest changes made before implementing new ones.

Worked for Schneider Electric? Contribute to the Community!