Schneider

Updated December 10, 2014
Updated December 10, 2014

Schneider President and CEO Chris Lofgren
Chris Lofgren

Pros
  • Good benefits with opportunity to move to different postions (in 14 reviews)

• Good Company to work for with a decent salary and good work/life balance (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • big and some times you can be lost in the mass of people, as you move up work/life balance takes a hit (in 12 reviews)

• The vast majority of opportunities lead to Green Bay (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Decent job

Former Employee - OTR Driver in Lebanon, TN
    Former Employee - OTR Driver in Lebanon, TN

I worked at Schneider full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They always tried to get you home when scheduled didn't always succeed but tried, working out of Lebanon,TN had great DBLs, decent benefits

Cons

Low pay, as with all OTR jobs no work-life balance, more concerned with office workers than drivers, no APUs freeze in winter boil in summer

Look out for your drivers they make the money that you pay to yourselves and the office

Ok

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Schneider full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

Low pay and long hrs

Pay raise

VERY POOR CHOICE

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Schneider full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great place to get your blood pressure raised.Great place to work on anger management.

Cons

poor pay average .34 cent per mile. Poor maintenance on trucks ,Driver Business Leaders are worthless ,2nd and 3rd shift support are worthless, Schneider emergency maintenance is a joke. Company needs an overhaul from the top down.Yes this includes the CEO.Waste money on worthless stuff. 60 mph trucks. You are just a number. You will be lied to. No accountability for load planners . Drivers blamed for a lot of things that are not their fault in wrecks.

Run local trucks on 200 miles or less trips. 2nd shift support and first need to communicate. Keep regional drivers in their regions .Pay higher pay for drivers who travel up in to the North East. Turn all trucks to 65 mph. This will not get worse fuel mileage. You are stupid if you think so.Watch you tube videos.10 mpg with trucks running 65-68 mph. Freightliner cascadias.It is a shame I have drove for over 15 yrs now and have never been treated so bad by a company. Maintenance is a joke. trucks not completely service correctly.Items not repaired. No checks and balances.

lease operator

Current Employee - Lease Operator in Green Bay, WI
    Current Employee - Lease Operator in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at Schneider full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

run your own show on choice program , make as much as you are willing to work for, have plenty of good paying freight

Cons

must be diligent in what you do , spend hours on load board learning freight lanes and customers , but well worth the effort if willing to work hard

Depends if you are a driver or office employee

Former Employee - Support Shift Representative
    Former Employee - Support Shift Representative

I worked at Schneider full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Stable job, decent pay (worked in office), enjoyed the people on my team

Cons

I worked in support shift and left because I couldnt believe the lack of communication between departments and shifts so when 1st shift was done and there was a problem a driver had...you looked terrible because you had no idea what was happening. The lack of urgency to help the drivers blew my mind. my previous job before that...you would've been fired having drivers wait so long on hold. i wouldve never left my previous job but everyone thinks its a coveted office job...so i thought it was going to be an opportunity of a lifetime. When earlier shifts tell a driver to start his day and go on in for midnight or middle of the night and the place isn't actually open...I felt absolutely terrible.

people fail to remember that the drivers are the MOST IMPORTANT part of the company. without them, there is nothing. no company or cushy office jobs. I left because of this and went to a different trucking company who saw the importance of urgency so the drivers can make money. I know a lot of drivers hated calling support shift because our hands were tied and I understand why but it makes it hard when you care so much and feel terrible after your phone call but other people give us a bad rap.

Bottom line...everyone needs to respect the drivers.

Same as above...Also to recognize people for their work they do.

Good company if trucking and logistics is your career path.

I worked at Schneider

Pros

Opportunities to learn a lot about the industry. Customers include many fortune 1000 shippers.

Cons

Has become a revolving door for some good talent.

Much improved experience this time around

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Green Bay, WI
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at Schneider full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Always pay on time, good benefits, good training, consistent work. Hard work is rewarded and recognized, and my leadership team knows me by my first name.

Cons

Support shift (second and third shifts), have very little decision making power, or will to make decisions. Keep your dispatchers cell number handy. Maintenance is slow pretty much everywhere. Be prepared to sit/layover if you have anything remotely serious wrong with your truck.

I've spent hours on the side of the road, and days at operating center maintenance facilities. We need to speed up this process. I see improvements everywhere in the company, but maintenance seems to have slowed to a crawl. I used to love the Evergreen site in Alabama...they did a quick, great job.

Schneider National Review - Finance Intern

Former Employee - Finance Intern in Green Bay, WI
    Former Employee - Finance Intern in Green Bay, WI

I worked at Schneider as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Company sticks to its core values. Employees are very helpful to those who are just starting out. Given the ability to speak with employees in other departments to get a better understanding of different aspects of the business

Cons

Job can be rather boring as the same thing is done day after day. No plan is established to moving from an intern to a full time employee when schooling is complete.

Further develop your internship program. Currently it is just cheap labor for doing repetitive jobs.

Awsome

Current Employee - Management Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Management Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Schneider as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Actively hire prior Military members

Cons

None to mention. They treat you fair.

Keep hiring Military

Business Systems Analyst & Project Manager

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst & Project Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst & Project Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Schneider as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good company to work and learn many things useful in long career

Cons

nothing much to share about this company and good to work

Nothing much to advise they have separate team