Schneider

Updated November 25, 2014
Updated November 25, 2014

Schneider President and CEO Chris Lofgren
Chris Lofgren

Pros
  • Good benefits with opportunity to move to different postions (in 14 reviews)

• Good Company to work for with a decent salary and good work/life balance (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • big and some times you can be lost in the mass of people, as you move up work/life balance takes a hit (in 12 reviews)

• The vast majority of opportunities lead to Green Bay (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Good job for young graduates

Current Employee - Sales Account Executive
    Current Employee - Sales Account Executive

I have been working at Schneider full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people are supportive, fun and challenge you to work your hardest. They organize many events to get you out and socializing with your co workers and they are normally really fun.

Cons

Starting at the bottom rung of the corporate ladder in the sales role you are expecting to work longer than 8 hours a day to meet your metrics.

Great opportunity, if you handle the stress.

I have been working at Schneider

Pros

By and large, really good people who work very hard in a difficult industry. There is opportunity, but you need to be a hustler and willing to live in Green Bay.

Cons

The industry is really struggling and will go through some significant changes in the near future if it is to stay relevant. Driver force can be a real challenge at times.

Get out in the field and get some real perspective! The company is becoming very "inbred" with top-down descision making. Your people have the solutions. Listen to them.

Truck Driver

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Urbandale, IA
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Urbandale, IA

I worked at Schneider full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working with dbls was easy and efficient. they were also friendly. they always knew it was important to have time off.

Cons

Time off was very scarce due to my time of year working there. pay was also low and it always feels like youre just a number.

raise pay for lower paid drivers at least every 3 months. Benfits can be better.

Great starting point

I have been working at Schneider full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are sronger than most in the same field.

Cons

Work load increase by tehe hourand management only looks out for each other.

Provide all tools needed to suceed, stop trying to run everything with numbers.

Schneider Review

Current Employee - Director of Operations in Muscatine, IA
    Current Employee - Director of Operations in Muscatine, IA

I have been working at Schneider full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

They offer the opportunity to excel in your role with clear direction. Depending on the role, work/life balance can vary.

Cons

Very difficult to effect organizational change and the company is adverse to large organizational risks. If you want a fast growing company, Schneider is not it.

Management doesn't care about its drivers

I have been working at Schneider full-time

Pros

I can't think of anything good to say.

Cons

Mechanics do not fix the trucks properly, the dispatchers send you out on scheduled days off.

Worry more about the people that make you money instead of the shareholders.

pure cold calling

I have been working at Schneider full-time (less than an year)

Pros

really cool people. The management is really good for the most part.

the company has decent values and keeps work entertaining. its about as good as an entry level cold call sales gets.

Cons

only a few people are making good money, which they boost as though each seller is hitting 100k+. it is pure cold calls all day every day. 85 calls, 2 hours of talk time. even then you have a chance at getting yelled at.

also, i was told this would be a field sales position until the minute i started. the deception really got me.

lighten up. be able to accept people's efforts. praise people for what they accomplish. acknowledge them and make people feel ok.

Don't believe intermodal recruiting advertised pay!!!!

Current Employee - Inter-modal Driver in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Inter-modal Driver in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Schneider full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They are very flexible on hours and shifts, open 24/7. People seem real nice and easy to work with. My dbl is great and takes care of everything I need.

Cons

They are currently advertising for the intermodal division to make "upto 60k a year" when I came on a few months ago it was "Make up to 53.5k a year". So far I don't see how you can make upto either of those numbers. First I don't see the per load pay or cents per mile working out nor do I see the number of stops available in a day or night due to traffic or time constraints making it possible to reach those numbers.

Tell your recruiters to stop with these lofty ads and be a lil more honest with the pay.

Ridiculous!!

Current Employee - Order Filler( Warehouse)
    Current Employee - Order Filler( Warehouse)

I have been working at Schneider full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pay, benefits, retirement. Good medical and dental.

Cons

Management is quite incompetent as they cannot plan properly to deal with problems that are in the near future. Also, the demands the company puts on warehouse workers are unreasonable. Expect their workers to perform like machines, 100% perfection, hitting unrealistic quotas on a daily basis without proper support from management and other departments. Lots of favoritism, though management does not want you to believe it, even though its quite apparent. Time off is mostly non-existent. They expect you to work your regular 5 day, 8 hour schedule, plus additional overtime everyday, and also including a sixth overtime day of work which is actually supposed to be your scheduled day off. The only way you can get that day off is to use either vacation, sick, or FMLA time. Otherwise you get written up which counts toward your getting fired. Management shows little concern for works physical and mental well being; they preach safety first, but stress productivity more than anything else. They show they care more about numbers than human beings.

Show more concern for your workers. Without them you will have nothing! Give them the tools and the room they need to really get the job done. Put yourself in their shoes; actually get out there off your a%^$^$ and see for yourself what the problem is instead of assuming you have all the answers. Stop basing all your knowledge on numbers printed on a sheet, and your preconceived notion that ALL your employees are just a bunch of dishonest, lazy bums. Stop putting money before principles and morals. Otherwise your company WILL NOT survive.

It was a good company for a guy just getting started in trucking.

Current Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Edwardsville, IL
    Current Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Edwardsville, IL

I have been working at Schneider full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Schneider's training is excellent, with a heavy emphasis on safety. Their equipment and facilities are pretty good, with numerous centers across the country where you can fuel, eat, shower etc.

Cons

When there is downtime waiting for a load their detention pay is minimal. As a non-smoker I've received some disgusting, smelly trucks that I had to make a major fuss to get switched out of.

Better detention pay and non-smokers should get non-smoked in trucks.