Schneider Reviews

1. Good culture and work environment, hard to advance

Former Employee - Driver Business Leader in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Driver Business Leader in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Schneider full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great work environment in the office, people help each other out, function as a team, are not selfish. Management lets people run their own operations and does not micro-manage or meddle where they don't need to. People want to get things done and solve any problems that come up to help drivers or customers

Cons

I don't think that upper management sought out advice from lower level employees that could have made a positive impact on the way the company operated. It was not that they totally discounted what lower level employees did, but I did not see an atmosphere of continuous improvement. It was somewhat stagnant. Also in Indy there weren't many opportunities to advance.

Operations Supervisor

I worked at Schneider

Pros

This is a good company and enjoyed working for them.

Cons

This is a good company and enjoyed working for them

3. Not for everyone

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Schneider full-time

Pros

Great work environment, never bored, opportunity for large incentive checks. Success depends on your own personal commitment

Cons

Not very good pay if you are not getting incentive. If you can't handle a fast paced environment or difficult conversations with customers, this job is not for you

5. good place to work

Former Employee - DEDICATED ROUTE DRIVER in Coppell, TX
    Former Employee - DEDICATED ROUTE DRIVER in Coppell, TX

I worked at Schneider full-time (more than a year)

Pros

you know what your doing every week

Cons

truck is loaded poorly by loaders

your doing a great job, keep it up

Was disaapointed

Former Employee - OTR Driver in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - OTR Driver in Dallas, TX

I worked at Schneider full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Lots of miles. Fairly new tractors. Cafe in almost every terminal. West Memphis, Indy and Dallas have great food

Cons

A lot is wrong with this company. Does not treat their drivers with respect. Treat like you are dumb. Bad load planners. DBLs do not listen. Bad equipment. Trailers are very old. Terminal parking lot in Dallas is god awful.

Treat your drivers with respect. Stop talking to them like they are fresh out of school.

7. Not for me.

Current Contractor - Recruiting Manager in Green Bay, WI
    Current Contractor - Recruiting Manager in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at Schneider as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Schneider is a well known company, great to have that name recognition as well as the candidate flow that it creates, very little sourcing needed.

Cons

Due to volume very difficult to create a relationship with any applicant or hiring manager. Just not the style of recruiting I prefer to do.

Decent company for a newbie

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Schneider full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Recent grad, decent benefits, OTR experience, atlanta crew was very good.

Cons

I was on a jcpenny dedicated account when I was asked to start my sleeper birth time while I was at a shipper to do a run dispatch wanted me to do that was a eight hour run. I said no.If u speak up there is a problem. No paid days off sick holidays personal but want to micro manage you. Detention slavery wages sit four hours for 20$. All dispatch should be on one accord. I recently resigned. Since I've been on this jcpenny account my check has been incorrect. One week I didn't even get paid. That's when it's time to go.

Better leadership practice what u preach as far as safety. Pay needs to be better.

VERY POOR CHOICE

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Schneider full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great place to get your blood pressure raised.Great place to work on anger management.

Cons

poor pay average .34 cent per mile. Poor maintenance on trucks ,Driver Business Leaders are worthless ,2nd and 3rd shift support are worthless, Schneider emergency maintenance is a joke. Company needs an overhaul from the top down.Yes this includes the CEO.Waste money on worthless stuff. 60 mph trucks. You are just a number. You will be lied to. No accountability for load planners . Drivers blamed for a lot of things that are not their fault in wrecks.

Run local trucks on 200 miles or less trips. 2nd shift support and first need to communicate. Keep regional drivers in their regions .Pay higher pay for drivers who travel up in to the North East. Turn all trucks to 65 mph. This will not get worse fuel mileage. You are stupid if you think so.Watch you tube videos.10 mpg with trucks running 65-68 mph. Freightliner cascadias.It is a shame I have drove for over 15 yrs now and have never been treated so bad by a company. Maintenance is a joke. trucks not completely service correctly.Items not repaired. No checks and balances.

Depends if you are a driver or office employee

Former Employee - Support Shift Representative
    Former Employee - Support Shift Representative

I worked at Schneider full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Stable job, decent pay (worked in office), enjoyed the people on my team

Cons

I worked in support shift and left because I couldnt believe the lack of communication between departments and shifts so when 1st shift was done and there was a problem a driver had...you looked terrible because you had no idea what was happening. The lack of urgency to help the drivers blew my mind. my previous job before that...you would've been fired having drivers wait so long on hold. i wouldve never left my previous job but everyone thinks its a coveted office job...so i thought it was going to be an opportunity of a lifetime. When earlier shifts tell a driver to start his day and go on in for midnight or middle of the night and the place isn't actually open...I felt absolutely terrible.

people fail to remember that the drivers are the MOST IMPORTANT part of the company. without them, there is nothing. no company or cushy office jobs. I left because of this and went to a different trucking company who saw the importance of urgency so the drivers can make money. I know a lot of drivers hated calling support shift because our hands were tied and I understand why but it makes it hard when you care so much and feel terrible after your phone call but other people give us a bad rap.

Bottom line...everyone needs to respect the drivers.

Same as above...Also to recognize people for their work they do.

lease operator

Current Employee - Lease Operator in Green Bay, WI
    Current Employee - Lease Operator in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at Schneider full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

run your own show on choice program , make as much as you are willing to work for, have plenty of good paying freight

Cons

must be diligent in what you do , spend hours on load board learning freight lanes and customers , but well worth the effort if willing to work hard