Scholastic

www.scholastic.com

Scholastic Reviews in Secaucus, NJ

Scholastic Chairman, President, and CEO Dick Robinson

Dick Robinson

Pros
  • Not too 'workaholic' of an atmosphere, good work life balance(in 28 reviews)

• Great office location in SoHo NYC(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • The upper management comes from an education background so many business practices can be overlooked(in 19 reviews)

• The heavily siloed departments and nepotistic senior management are hurting internal communications(in 10 reviews)

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Very enjoyable place to work

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Secaucus, NJ

ProsPeople are very nice to work with

ConsCommute is too long and the pay isn't that good

Advice to Senior ManagementI have no advice for Management

A good experience to get one's feet wet in business operations.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Secaucus, NJ

ProsThe internship gave the opportunity to get insight into financial operations and the process behind publishing. Coworkers and mentors were very helpful and provided assistance when needed. Served as a good starting point while business was my main interest.

ConsWork consisted of primarily data entry or going through invoices and other sorts of paperwork. Few opportunities to work with other coworkers or for work that broke up the monotony.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more opportunities for interns to get involved so that the work itself feels more rewarding. This being said, it was only an internship, so the extent that this could be improved may not be large.

Good Place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Secaucus, NJ

ProsGreat work life balance, great mission, great team of employees

ConsOutdated IT systems, but working on it.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working on IT system

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It is an ok company if all you care is compensation.

Senior Analyst (Former Employee) Secaucus, NJ

ProsI guess they offered me a fairly big jump in salary, compared with my previous job.

ConsWell, I don't like my boss; he is from Deloitte and he does not recognize your work and achievement. He also requires you to work long hours, to travel to difference parts of the country and to report to him constantly.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to improve the communication to the staff.

Worked for Scholastic? Contribute to the Community!