School Board of Alachua County

www.sbac.edu

School Board of Alachua County Reviews in Gainesville, FL

Updated May 28, 2014
School Board of Alachua County – Gainesville – “Education is fun!”

Daniel Boyd

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Science Teaching is a career

Physical Science Teacher (Current Employee) Gainesville, FL

Prosteaching the kids all kinds of science

Consthe peripheral computer software teachers are supposed to use, constantly updated, constantly difficult to use.

Advice to Senior Managementtest software functionality with teachers before dumping it on them

I loved helping the students. I really miss the kids but the administration i felt totally let the students down.

Sub Teacher (Former Employee) Gainesville, FL

ProsThe best part of working there was seeing the children grow from the beginning of the year until the end of the year. Students really want to be held to high standards.

ConsThe fact that the Administration treats the students as if they are babies not learning students.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart acknowledging that Students are young people who will one day be running this world . Let the students grow as well as learn . Hold them responsible for their actions. I did and those kids love me for it.

The government never gives enough to education

High School Teacher (Current Employee) Gainesville, FL

ProsI love my job and the experience of teaching. It is gratifying to impact the world through children.

ConsThe government keeps cutting funding that we desperately need and I often am trying to do the job of both teacher and parent.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue education as a base for successful society.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not the best qualified computer staff in the area.

Programmer Analyst III (Former Employee) Gainesville, FL

ProsGood benefits, work conditions, vacation, sick leave, casual environment and work.

ConsLow pay and bad management.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet better quality employees and management.

Decent place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Gainesville, FL

ProsTeaching is a creative activity, and Gainesville is a great place to work. A university town, but there's enough going on culturally.

ConsThe pay is not great compared to other places in Florida. It depends on which school hires you, too, and the type of class you teach.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at Michelle Rhee's ideas. She is the Washington D.C. Superintendent, and I think her ideas, which include getting rid of tenure while raising salaries, are great.

Worked for School Board of Alachua County? Contribute to the Community!