Schryver Medical Reviews

Mark Schryver

unhappy

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

Some of the people are great too work with.

Cons

Increase in work load, but no incentive or pay increase to show your appreciated.

2. Keep looking as this is not a good place to work

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at Schryver Medical full-time

Pros

None that I saw in my tenure there

Cons

Hostile work environment. Management and CEO have the latest equipment while other office and mobile staff have old, unreliable equipment. Nepotism is rampant and if you are not part of the clique they will fire you and hire their own. Management "leaks" things to the staff. Benefits are expensive with little or no employer contribution. No real holidays at this company. No work / life balance except for management and upper management. Everyone else is treated badly. Hostile work environment. Back stabbing co-workers.

Advice to Management

None, as it seems that this is the environment that they have deliberately created in their quest for the almighty dollar.

Very Poor Lab Management. Unprofessional.

Current Employee - Medical Lab Tech in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Medical Lab Tech in Denver, CO

I have been working at Schryver Medical full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They offer Medical and dental insurance- very expensive ,however.

Cons

I have worked here at the Denver lab for quit a few years. I am desperately attempting to educate my self so that I can seek employment somewhere else. The people that work here are extremely unprofessional. I work in the lab as a tech. Schryver is so cheap they are not willing to pay a Medical Technologist to perform in supervisor positions. I have witnessed them promote other MLT's to act as supervisors in some of their other labs in other states. I have never worked in another lab that allowed completely un-trained, unqualified, un-licensed employees to release patient results and run complex lab instrumentation. Schryver must employ an amazing legal team to get away with what they do. I do not know how they pass any of their lab inspections. QA who have no concept of lab instrumentation insist that techs release results from samples that have been collected improperly or are questionable just for the sake of putting out a completed result. No regard for the validity of results, they just want to get paid from the facility. All of this is know by the lab supervisor who insists that we report out these results. As an MLT, the lab supervisor knows that ethically THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE, but goes along with this practice. Grounds for dismissal at any other lab. Management insists that techs occasionally release results remotely from the Denver lab for testing performed at other labs from Phoenix and Seattle! If you work here and have a professional license, you are risking your future and your career. I am constantly getting my hours cut. There is no real sense of well-being here. This is definitely not a good long-term employer to consider. I am currently attempting to obtain my ASCP medical technologist licensure so I can leave this place behind. I could go on forever about how ridiculous this place is, but by now you get the gist of it.

Advice to Management

Do not hire a non experienced MLT to be in charge of Chem,heme,coag and micro.

Drama

Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Schryver Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of over time since boss refuses to hire enough employees. Food once in a blue moon and if you stay on their good side people will be nice to your face.

Cons

Drama, boss yells at everyone does nothing herself, drama , always hiring and firing, drama, backstabbing blame placing never talk to you directly. I had to basically keep my head down and try not to be noticed.

Advice to Management

Get new management and a zero tolerance policy for drama

very backwards judgement calls

Former Employee - Lead in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Lead in Denver, CO

I worked at Schryver Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free coffee in the break room that is about the best thing that I could think of other then a paycheck

Cons

Wow where can i start! Much to many too list here. All I can say is this company has very poor judgement on who they select to make important decisions. They keep the people who they like and do not base judgement on facts. I for instance was the hardest working person in customer relations. I ran my department and helped cover other departments. And instead of recognizing my hard work they made false claims and got rid of one of the best people they will ever have at that joke of a company. Good luck if you decide to to take a job here I really advise you to keep looking. You have no stability with this company. You might just come in and not have a job anymore. Keep a backup plan! Or just find a real company that values good employees! This company doesn't care about it's employees or there family.

Advice to Management

Get a clue! A company can not succeed without good employees!

TERRIFYING, run fat run far

Former Employee - Customer Relations in University of Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Relations in University of Denver, CO

I worked at Schryver Medical full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I got nothing, I picked one star because 0 was not a option

Cons

This company cares only for the dollar!! They just let go of so many good hard working experaniced employees it is just pitiful. Of course they said "your position has been eliminated" due to us loosing business but they just moved other people in that position. They only employees they care for are part of the nepotism that runs wild in this company. They discriminate. The supervisors gossip and tell every other employee your business. They play favorites and have no problem reprimanding in front of other employees.

Advice to Management

Lose the ego and your bad attitude, you will go much further in life

Don't bother

Current Employee - Biller in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Biller in Denver, CO

I have been working at Schryver Medical (More than 5 years)

Pros

The only pro there is is that you can listen to your own music all day long and still get paid. There is no other nice thing that can be said about this poorly run company.

Cons

The people, the management, the total lack of ability of the employees being able to communicate in English, the back-stabbing - by co-workers as well as management, the threats made by management, the lack of stable work hours, the lack of ability to move up the company ladder. Lastly, this company is so incestuous you feel dirty just walking in the door.

Advice to Management

Walk down to the 5th floor and actually talk to the people who are doing the daily grind and actually working 40+ hours a week. See what is going on since the managers have no clue at all! In addition, instead of giving bogus typing tests - since you are going to hire the applicant no matter the outcome, give the applicant a test regarding whether or not they can comprehend English when it is spoken to them and can speak it and can read it as well. There are less than a handful of employees who can do all three!

9. Phlebotomist

Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Denver, CO

I have been working at Schryver Medical full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Love traveling from facility to facility. My supervisor is very reasonable and cares for his staff. Love my co workers. I am very happy here

Cons

My only true complaint is driving in severe winter weather. The highway could be closed, yet we are still expected to drive.

Advice to Management

Stronger communication would benefit all employees. Less opportunity for confusion. When on call and juggling a full board of Stats from one end of the city to the other while being the only phlebotomist for the shift, a text will come in for an eta. Reading and answering said text only hinders the amount of time you have to do the Stat. If driving, this involves stopping or exiting the highway to address the text. Time consuming. I also see it as a safety issue. If dispatch or accessioning knows you are the only phlebotomist, that you have a full board, you have greenroads and must drive slowly, and it may be snowing, you may be in traffic, you may have a very hard patient to get the blood from etc...All the eta inquiry does is slow you down. Common sense

Excellent Management Staff

Current Employee - Customer Relations in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Relations in Denver, CO

I have been working at Schryver Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive pay, great benefits, and the company is growing rapidly offering tons of opportunities for advancement. Hard work does not go unrecognized and the company is very fair. Management is beginning to make cultural changes and are recruiting higher caliber employees to join us. You get the benefits and stability of a large company with the entrepreneurial feel of a startup. We have potlucks and management brings in pizza and sandwich for us. I love it here.

Cons

The non-management staff that has been there for a long time has a strong sense of entitlement (which can be seen in some of these more uninformed reviews) and is not open to change -- even when the changes are new, state-of-the-art systems and processes changes that make everyone's lives easier.

Advice to Management

Stay the course.

11. Mobile Phlebotomy position

Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

This company is geared toward younger people, and offers decent benefits. When I started a year ago, it was a family atmosphere. There was a good team in place and the Phoenix office ran like a well-oiled machine.

Cons

As time went on, though, things seemed to take a negative turn. After a new team lead was put in place, people began leaving. Staff issues taken to office management went by the wayside, with the staff members being told the issues were their own issues. Office management seemed to turn a blind eye to most of what was occurring, specifically, favoritism and bringing on untrained personnel.

Advice to Management

Consider the staff that does keep the company functioning...the field personnel. Perhaps some respect from management to the line staff might make them want to stay on.

RSS Feed </> Embed