Schumacher Group

Add Photos

William "Kip" Schumache

Changes abound

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsFlexibility with work hours, autonomy, benefits are OK and on par for healthcare. Colleagues are friendly and helpful.

ConsI would agree with a lot of other reviews in that there are people in middle supervisory/management positions that really do not have the education or experience to be in their role. Lots of politics and protecting of some people in their roles even though they are doing a very poor job.

Advice to Senior ManagementUtilize tangible and consistent measures to monitor performance and allow less politics to overshadow performance and promotions. Employees will respect you for it. There are some long standing staff that do not want to change and are roadblocks for growth. They resist technology and don't want to try new ways of doing things. The company will never ever grow this way and will be left in the dust.

Jul 3, 2014

Thank you for your comments. We value input from all our employees and I hope that you are one of the 950 employees who took advantage of the opportunity to complete our employee engagement and ... More

signs of positive improvement...need to gain momentum to see actual change

Proswork life balance, room for growth/development

Conscompensation could be better for support department roles

Jul 3, 2014

We appreciate your comments and are glad that you are feeling the effects of some of the positive changes that have been happening over the last several months. Stay tuned for more exciting news to ... More

Poor management and misalignment of company.

Contact Center Supervisor (Former Employee) Lafayette, LA

ProsI enjoyed working with the people in Lafayette as we became a family.

ConsInconsistency, lies, and cover ups. Three words to sum it up. As you see upper management only responds to the positive reviews. We were told we had nothing to worry about when we heard whispers of a layoff and we were lied to. I am happier than ever to no longer be working for this company and would never recommend working there to ANYONE.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould have kept the determined, hard working, and honest employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Learn how to treat employees

(Former Employee)

Prosthis is a place that is trying to go in 100000 diffrent directions. if you like that amount of change you will do just fine here

ConsI do not even know what the core counsel does at this place.I hear it but never see it.Have I ever seen the CEO in person.One time! He seemed to be not involved in our business at all except to say he is sorry for laying off people.A lot of vice presidents and director job titles in Dallas schedule useless meetings running around with heads cut off and we could never get to our jobs. I seen the cheif revenue officer in Dallas throw a childish temper tantrum and know from others that he talks down to people a lot. Every body I know is stressed and we lost so many resources it was getting crazyer by the day.I had enough. My department was destroyed by bad leadership. Enough was enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to treat employees and share in the money that core counsel is making.

It's OK

Director Revenue Cycle (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsLine level staff is great to work with...they are very nimble and willing to learn new processes.

ConsLeadership's experience is limited in the industry that they serve...unrealistic expectations... still a "mom and pop" culture

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to research the talent that you have or recruit to ensure that they understand the industry.

Stay away!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMy co-workers, the pay was OK & vacation time. That's all I can think of.

ConsMost people are saying the benefits are great..are you serious?? $5000 deductible? Management is ridiculous, there's no communication what so ever. Everything is sugar coated, even fake reviews so that the rating of this company can go up. All they care about are numbers, not the patients like they say. This company is going down hill very quickly. Entirely to much change going on.

Advice to Senior ManagementHonesty is the best policy!!

Extremely tough place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGained a ton of knowledge in the industry. Through a ton of grit and hard work I managed to be successful. I enjoyed some of my co workers.

ConsPoorly run company. Placing people in positions they are not ready for nor have the experience. Senior management is atrocious.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the core council. Start over. They are accountable to no one. Fear is no way to manage. I hope the new regime does a better job.

Today I celebrate 12 years working for this great organization.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lafayette, LA

ProsSchumacher Group has been more than a JOB to me, its not butterflies & rainbows every day BUT what job is. What I enjoy most is the mission of the organization, the top performers that surround me & motivate me, the people with whom I am able to work & learn with daily & knowing that my job does make a difference in our patients lives. I still believe & have a passion for the work we do.

ConsGrowing pains have been evident in the last couple of years coupled with the changes in healthcare. Many changes in our culture and workforce that have been hard to swallow. Great people have left however many great people remain.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on resource of staff

Jul 3, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience with Schumacher Group. As we celebrate our 20th year in business this year, we recognize that it has only been possible because of so many ... More

If you can stomache the constant change in the industry, a great company to work for.

IT Position (Current Employee) Lafayette, LA

ProsFlexible hours that vary based on manager. Independent thought is encouraged as is self motivation.

ConsCompany has been in a state of upheaval for 18 months now. It will be nice when the dust settles.

Advice to Senior ManagementVet a decision to create new work within the company against the proposed benefit very carefully. Decisions come at a whim sometimes.

Apr 28, 2014

Thank you for your candid feedback. We value your comments and appreciate your suggestion re:decision making processes. We do read all of the reviews on Glassdoor that pertain to SG, and take into ... More

Dizzying amount of change and not for the better

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompensation was fair, not great, formally enjoyed working with upper management, before slash and burn changes made.

ConsGigantic changes in management, honest and involved folks fired or laid off, pompous, inexperienced and uniformed people took over. Lip service given to ethics/patient care, the reality is that unless it makes the financials look good it simply is lip service. Will turn a blind eye to things that are completely unacceptable to keep contracts and make profit. This is a corporate cut throat world like any other, nothing different because its medical.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo get the some of the people you lost. They cared, they were leaders, they towed an ethical line. Get back to your roots of quality patient care, not empty words and slogans. Find competent experienced people that actually understand the field they work in, not people that want to run it like a production factory situation.

Worked for Schumacher Group? Contribute to the Community!