Schumacher Group

Updated September 10, 2014
Updated September 10, 2014
2.4

William "Kip" Schumache

OK but Not much for career growth

I have been working at Schumacher Group full-time

Pros

The culture in Lafayette is homegrown and friendly. My department works well together.

Cons

The office move has been a challenge.The former office was much more spacious and updated. It really is not all that bad but it had more of a professional feel. If youre looking to join revenue cycle services in Lafayette we don't get much attention from our chief revenue officer in Dallas. He is hardly here in person and not very in touch with our issues like he is in Dallas departments.Lafayette is a great location for operations and finance. But for revenue cycle your career opportunities are slim to none if you are not in Dallas.

We miss the office meetings with Dr. Schumacher but understand the change was needed. Need more leadership, involvement and a presence in Lafayette from our Chief Revenue Officer.

Schumacher Group, overall a good place to work

I worked at Schumacher Group

Pros

Company is structured well. Let's employees know the direction of the company and future changes. Incentives and bonuses to show employees they appreciate their hard work.

Cons

Headquarters is in Louisiana, company has many employees that reside in different states but the salary is not competitive to the cost of living for employees residing in the Atlanta area.

Continue to communicate prior to implementation the direction/goals of company with employees and be more competitive with salary for those employees not residing in Louisiana.

Changes abound

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Schumacher Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility with work hours, autonomy, benefits are OK and on par for healthcare. Colleagues are friendly and helpful.

Cons

I would agree with a lot of other reviews in that there are people in middle supervisory/management positions that really do not have the education or experience to be in their role. Lots of politics and protecting of some people in their roles even though they are doing a very poor job.

Utilize tangible and consistent measures to monitor performance and allow less politics to overshadow performance and promotions. Employees will respect you for it. There are some long standing staff that do not want to change and are roadblocks for growth. They resist technology and don't want to try new ways of doing things. The company will never ever grow this way and will be left in the dust.

Jul 3, 2014VP of HR

Thank you for your comments. We value input from all our employees and I hope that you are one of the 950 employees who took advantage of the opportunity to complete our employee engagement and ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

signs of positive improvement...need to gain momentum to see actual change

I have been working at Schumacher Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

work life balance, room for growth/development

Cons

compensation could be better for support department roles

Jul 3, 2014VP of HR

We appreciate your comments and are glad that you are feeling the effects of some of the positive changes that have been happening over the last several months. Stay tuned for more exciting news to ... More

Poor management and misalignment of company.

Former Employee - Contact Center Supervisor  in  Lafayette, LA
    Former Employee - Contact Center Supervisor in Lafayette, LA

I worked at Schumacher Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I enjoyed working with the people in Lafayette as we became a family.

Cons

Inconsistency, lies, and cover ups. Three words to sum it up. As you see upper management only responds to the positive reviews. We were told we had nothing to worry about when we heard whispers of a layoff and we were lied to. I am happier than ever to no longer be working for this company and would never recommend working there to ANYONE.

Should have kept the determined, hard working, and honest employees.

It's OK

Former Employee - Director Revenue Cycle  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Director Revenue Cycle in Dallas, TX

I worked at Schumacher Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Line level staff is great to work with...they are very nimble and willing to learn new processes.

Cons

Leadership's experience is limited in the industry that they serve...unrealistic expectations... still a "mom and pop" culture

Take the time to research the talent that you have or recruit to ensure that they understand the industry.

Learn how to treat employees

I worked at Schumacher Group

Pros

this is a place that is trying to go in 100000 diffrent directions. if you like that amount of change you will do just fine here

Cons

I do not even know what the core counsel does at this place.I hear it but never see it.Have I ever seen the CEO in person.One time! He seemed to be not involved in our business at all except to say he is sorry for laying off people.A lot of vice presidents and director job titles in Dallas schedule useless meetings running around with heads cut off and we could never get to our jobs. I seen the cheif revenue officer in Dallas throw a childish temper tantrum and know from others that he talks down to people a lot. Every body I know is stressed and we lost so many resources it was getting crazyer by the day.I had enough. My department was destroyed by bad leadership. Enough was enough.

Learn how to treat employees and share in the money that core counsel is making.

Stay away!!

I worked at Schumacher Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

My co-workers, the pay was OK & vacation time. That's all I can think of.

Cons

Most people are saying the benefits are great..are you serious?? $5000 deductible? Management is ridiculous, there's no communication what so ever. Everything is sugar coated, even fake reviews so that the rating of this company can go up. All they care about are numbers, not the patients like they say. This company is going down hill very quickly. Entirely to much change going on.

Honesty is the best policy!!

Extremely tough place to work.

I worked at Schumacher Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Gained a ton of knowledge in the industry. Through a ton of grit and hard work I managed to be successful. I enjoyed some of my co workers.

Cons

Poorly run company. Placing people in positions they are not ready for nor have the experience. Senior management is atrocious.

Get rid of the core council. Start over. They are accountable to no one. Fear is no way to manage. I hope the new regime does a better job.

Today I celebrate 12 years working for this great organization.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lafayette, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

I have been working at Schumacher Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Schumacher Group has been more than a JOB to me, its not butterflies & rainbows every day BUT what job is. What I enjoy most is the mission of the organization, the top performers that surround me & motivate me, the people with whom I am able to work & learn with daily & knowing that my job does make a difference in our patients lives. I still believe & have a passion for the work we do.

Cons

Growing pains have been evident in the last couple of years coupled with the changes in healthcare. Many changes in our culture and workforce that have been hard to swallow. Great people have left however many great people remain.

Focus on resource of staff

Jul 3, 2014VP of HR

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience with Schumacher Group. As we celebrate our 20th year in business this year, we recognize that it has only been possible because of so many ... More

Worked for Schumacher Group? Contribute to the Community!