Schumacher Homes

Paul Schumacher

Great workplace!

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Greensburg, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Greensburg, PA

I have been working at Schumacher Homes full-time (less than an year)

Pros

My interview process was very professional. I met with the Sales Manager, Regional Sales Manager and the National Sales Manager. Having been in New Home Sales for over 25 years, I've seen the good, the bad and the ugly. Schumacher is a great place to work. Filled with good people with one goal in mind.

Cons

I have not seen any yet

Keep doing what you are doing.

It is a job, it pays the bills & I get to use my skill set but no career growth or training.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH

I have been working at Schumacher Homes full-time

Pros

Not a high stress environment, nice work culture.
    Upper Management has great Vision, down to earth & treat everyone with respect.

Cons

No career growth opportunities or training outside of Sales. Middle management lacks leadership skills. Lower level employees opinions are not valued.

Horrible company to work for

Current Employee - Builder in Shreveport, LA
    Current Employee - Builder in Shreveport, LA

I have been working at Schumacher Homes full-time (less than an year)

Pros

No pros to the job other than a paycheck for a time.

Cons

Effectively, the company is predatory in the way they handle their customers. Customers do not know that they are not receiving a complete house. Have never seen brand new houses not appraise for what the company sold them for until I worked for these people. Effectively, they get a construction loan which they revert to a mortgage at substantial completion and transfer it to the homeowners name prior to closing. Substantial completion does not include driveway/walkway/grading/landscaping of any kind. I saw customers crying on the street because the house did not appraise for the mortgage amount. They have to refinance in order to get in the house yet Schumacher gets paid the full amount at transfer.

Focus upon the product as opposed to tricking people out of their money through entrapment within a contract.

Good Quality and poor pay

I have been working at Schumacher Homes

Pros

Built a nice home and worked with the Home owners well and cared a great deal about the process they were going through.

Cons

Pay plan was bad. You got a company vehicle but the bonus program was non existent when I was there and the salary was poor.

Great family owned organization with emphasis on customer satisfaction and a high quality product delivered every time.

Current Employee - Production Manager in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Production Manager in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Schumacher Homes full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Builder is provided company vehicle to check individual projects.

Cons

Builder has to cover many miles each day to oversee his/her projects.

It would be nice to see more promotion from within the organization instead of bringing in management from outside the organization who are unfamiliar with the way things are done within the organization.

Dictatorial Manager

Former Employee - Uilder
    Former Employee - Uilder

I worked at Schumacher Homes full-time

Pros

I enjoyed working with the sales people and all of our subs. I enjoyed working for most of the homeowners

Cons

management personell who were making the high salaries had a way of refusing to pay bonuses to builders if issues were beyond the builders control, such as subs that we were forced to use

Listen to your builders when it comes to selecting subs in their area. Don't flaunt your extravagant vacations when the builders know they are paying for it..

Not a great company to work for.

Former Employee - Sales in Canton, OH
    Former Employee - Sales in Canton, OH

I worked at Schumacher Homes full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice looking homes. Especially the models which are not a reflection of how homes are finished with standard features. Owner does cares about his company, but doesn't have a clue what goes on in field.

Cons

Owner does not have an inkling of what goes on in his satellite offices. There is no team spirit and there is so much money wasted. Pay is horrible. Compared to other sales jobs in new home sales the pay is paltry. Builders are nickel and dime'd to death. General managers are given all power and are often abusive with it. There are no corporate perks to speak of. Very unlike other builders I have worked with. Insurance is Ohio based. My co-workers in other states paid higher co-pays because the insurance didn't cover them the same. Small company with small ideas and small vision.

Your employees from different sites do talk to each other. We know the difference in our pay. We know not everyone has to work every weekend. There needs to be more training and there needs to be rules that ALL must abide by. Your General Managers should have managerial experience and people skills.