Schumacher Homes

Be The First To
Add Photos

Paul Schumacher

Good Quality and poor pay

ProsBuilt a nice home and worked with the Home owners well and cared a great deal about the process they were going through.

ConsPay plan was bad. You got a company vehicle but the bonus program was non existent when I was there and the salary was poor.

Horrible company to work for

Builder (Current Employee) Shreveport, LA

ProsNo pros to the job other than a paycheck for a time.

ConsEffectively, the company is predatory in the way they handle their customers. Customers do not know that they are not receiving a complete house. Have never seen brand new houses not appraise for what the company sold them for until I worked for these people. Effectively, they get a construction loan which they revert to a mortgage at substantial completion and transfer it to the homeowners name prior to closing. Substantial completion does not include driveway/walkway/grading/landscaping of any kind. I saw customers crying on the street because the house did not appraise for the mortgage amount. They have to refinance in order to get in the house yet Schumacher gets paid the full amount at transfer.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus upon the product as opposed to tricking people out of their money through entrapment within a contract.

Great family owned organization with emphasis on customer satisfaction and a high quality product delivered every time.

Production Manager (Current Employee) Columbia, SC

ProsBuilder is provided company vehicle to check individual projects.

ConsBuilder has to cover many miles each day to oversee his/her projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be nice to see more promotion from within the organization instead of bringing in management from outside the organization who are unfamiliar with the way things are done within the organization.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dictatorial Manager

Uilder (Former Employee)

ProsI enjoyed working with the sales people and all of our subs. I enjoyed working for most of the homeowners

Consmanagement personell who were making the high salaries had a way of refusing to pay bonuses to builders if issues were beyond the builders control, such as subs that we were forced to use

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your builders when it comes to selecting subs in their area. Don't flaunt your extravagant vacations when the builders know they are paying for it..

Not a great company to work for.

Sales (Former Employee) Canton, OH

ProsNice looking homes. Especially the models which are not a reflection of how homes are finished with standard features. Owner does cares about his company, but doesn't have a clue what goes on in field.

ConsOwner does not have an inkling of what goes on in his satellite offices. There is no team spirit and there is so much money wasted. Pay is horrible. Compared to other sales jobs in new home sales the pay is paltry. Builders are nickel and dime'd to death. General managers are given all power and are often abusive with it. There are no corporate perks to speak of. Very unlike other builders I have worked with. Insurance is Ohio based. My co-workers in other states paid higher co-pays because the insurance didn't cover them the same. Small company with small ideas and small vision.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees from different sites do talk to each other. We know the difference in our pay. We know not everyone has to work every weekend. There needs to be more training and there needs to be rules that ALL must abide by. Your General Managers should have managerial experience and people skills.

Worked for Schumacher Homes? Contribute to the Community!