Schurz Communications
www.schurz.com Mishawaka, IN 1000 to 5000 Employees

Schurz Communications Reviews

Todd F. Schurz

Overall--It's OK

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Schurz Communications

ProsThe health insurance.
Owned by the same family for many generations.
Very honest. They do not lie to you.
Corporate management is very good.

ConsThe local general managers have much autonomy, which can cause problems if he/she is not totally competent.
Some outside consultants are so relied on that they are virtually acting as the general manager and maybe even a department manager.
Many employees are in management positions just because they have been there a long time.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo local managers--do not depend on an outside consultant as an all-knowing savior. No person is 100% correct all the time. They have their own agendas, and those agendas may not be the same as yours. Have the guts to make your own decisions.

Incompetent Management and Outdated Sales Techniques

Sales (Former Employee)
South Bend, IN

I worked at Schurz Communications full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGained more experience in the field

Cons"Salary", Sales Techniques, Lack of Sales Training, Management and Promotions, No commissions until over 50+ sales have been made which can take up to a year!

Advice to Senior ManagementJust because someone has been there longer, doesn't mean they are management material. Develop a real training program that involves management actually going with new hires to develop their skills, help them understand the concept of consultative approach.

Got fired for no reason given!

Outside Yellow Page Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Petoskey, MI

I worked at Schurz Communications full-time for more than a year

ProsNone! Product isn't used much anymore.

ConsThe yellow pages are not used much any more. The company needs to create something for the sales people to sell that people use.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't fire someone for no reason. I ended up homeless and losing everything.
The management needs to think of their sales reps and families instead of themselves and pleasing their bosses.

Worked for Schurz Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Schurz Communications reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Schurz Communications CEO Todd F. Schurz. All reviews posted anonymously by Schurz Communications employees.