Schwartz & Perry

schwartzandperry.com

Schwartz & Perry Reviews

3.4

Murray Schwartz

Nice place for a smaller firm experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Schwartz & Perry

Pros

Everyone was very open and very friendly, always willing to talk about any issues and openly share what needed to be shared in order to better serve the clients. They were kind to the interns (who worked for no pay). This matters only because if you want to see how a place might be to work, look at how they treat those who choose to be there without compensation.

Cons

The office itself is not too large, and you might feel cramp. Also, the decor is a bit dated, which is understandable since the senior attorney has been practicing for over 5 decades. Also, the building itself can sometimes have facilities issues. Also, I get the feeling that so much of the practice is centered on the senior partner, a man of over 80, that there might be an issue in continuing the practice should he retire or pass away.

My only advice is to perhaps start putting more emphasis on the two younger partners, just to reassure everyone that should something happen to the senior partner, everything will continue on as normal, or as close to normal as possible. I don't have too much other advice to give to management, since my other cons were more about the decor and the building.

Hands on

Former Employee - Summer Law Clerk in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Summer Law Clerk in New York, NY

I worked at Schwartz & Perry

Pros

Got to work closely with real clients to draft litigation documents

Cons

Summer internship is unpaid. No a lot of actual legal research experience.

Get rid of the individual water bottles and get a water cooler