SciVantage Reviews in New York City, NY

2.5

SciVantage President & CEO Adnane Charchour
Adnane Charchour

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good learning experience especially since the company was in a growth spurt.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at SciVantage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Autonomy
    Ability to work like a startup - try new technoloies with proofs
    Encouragement of fitness

Cons

Projects may trump vacation
    Releases may go way over the 8 hours

Value employees, review on time and employees will value you.

Lack of Comradery and Job Training

Former Employee - Data Analyst  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at SciVantage full-time for less than a year

Pros

Unlimited Beverages at your disposal (huge plus!) and the compensation wasn't that bad.

Cons

Lack of training, no unity and job security.

During the interview process I was told that the position I was potentially hired for was similar to the job I quit to work there. Highly inaccurate as the position was more technical that lacked support from peers and management. The Dept. I worked for was the Maxit. The Jersey City team shared inquires concerning this product with the Boston team. My impression of the Boston Team was that they were highly competitive and not supportive. A very unfriendly culture. In addition, there was no training! So if you're lucky you may can grasp the work as it is up to the person if he/she can properly interpret their duties as there was no training at all. Again no support from management or peers, you are on your own. To be frank (and not to sound bias) I resent companies that prefer to hire more workers that just came to the US, as oppose to employees with credentials and that was born and raised on US soil. There wasn't that many US employees in my opinion. This irks and baffles me! For the short period that I was employed there, I can honestly say that my experience was not an enjoyable one! Not a great company to work for long-term, if you ask me.

Poor management and no work life balance

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at SciVantage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Many of the managers are flexable about your work schedule, but only because there's no work life balance. You will work A LOT.

Cons

1.The average employee works at least 50 + hours per week (if not much more).
    Management makes you feel guilty if you can not work overtime and puts a significant amount of pressure on the employees to perform. You will work morning , noon, night, and weekends. There is NO extra pay for this work. It is free labor.
    2.Do not expect a raise, a 401 k contribution, or a bonus. The company is behind 2 years on paying out promised bonuses even though they continue to meet their annual goals.
    3.There is no process, no training , and no real project management in the company. This is obvious on the Maxit side. Note: DO NOT work for the Maxit side of the company. It is completely client driven. You will lose all your free time! They work every weekend and even holidays with no overtime pay.
    4. You will hear the CEO scream at employees from time to time. He is known for tirades in which he humiliates employees in front of other employees or even in front of a client.

The CEO needs to start caring about his employees, create a proper work structure, and clean up the code base so the system works properly. This company is a legal nightmare just waiting to happen.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Scivantage is a good place to gain well rounded experience

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at SciVantage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It is easy to get your voice heard at this small firm. Management values the opinions of their employees and does their best to make you feel like you are contributing to the success of the the business. Management does not micromanage and give employees freedom to contribute their ideas and creativity to the product and process. You have the opportunity to gain a lot of experience at Scivantage.

Cons

Salaries are on the lower end of the average.

No work life balance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at SciVantage

Pros

the pay is quite good

Cons

No work like balance. you are expected to work 60 hrs a week and even on weekends and nights.

Senior developer

Current Employee - Developer  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Developer in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at SciVantage

Pros

The only pro is that they have a lot of clients

Cons

Grosly understaffed and no processes. Lousy code base , Surprised how they have so many big names signed up. Unthinkable work hours and absolutely no structure. Too many managers and they all dont know what they are doing. A totally lost senior leadership team.

Sell out and let professionals take over

Overall not a bad place to work.

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at SciVantage

Pros

Work/life situation is very balanced and i feel leans more towards the life section. Very casual environment to work in.

Cons

Salaries are not great and don't expect a bonus or annual performance review every year.

Dedicate time to hiring managers that know what they are doing.

Worked for SciVantage? Contribute to the Community!