SciVantage

www.scivantage.com

SciVantage Reviews in New York City, NY

SciVantage – New York – “Company Kickoff Party Awards”

SciVantage – New York – “Company Kickoff Party Awards”

SciVantage President & CEO Adnane Charchour

Adnane Charchour

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good learning experience especially since the company was in a growth spurt.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsAutonomy
    Ability to work like a startup - try new technoloies with proofs
    Encouragement of fitness

ConsProjects may trump vacation
    Releases may go way over the 8 hours

Advice to Senior ManagementValue employees, review on time and employees will value you.

Lack of Comradery and Job Training

Data Analyst (Former Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsUnlimited Beverages at your disposal (huge plus!) and the compensation wasn't that bad.

ConsLack of training, no unity and job security.

Advice to Senior ManagementDuring the interview process I was told that the position I was potentially hired for was similar to the job I quit to work there. Highly inaccurate as the position was more technical that lacked support from peers and management. The Dept. I worked for was the Maxit. The Jersey City team shared inquires concerning this product with the Boston team. My impression of the Boston Team was that they were highly competitive and not supportive. A very unfriendly culture. In addition, there was no training! So if you're lucky you may can grasp the work as it is up to the person if he/she can properly interpret their duties as there was no training at all. Again no support from management or peers, you are on your own. To be frank (and not to sound bias) I resent companies that prefer to hire more workers that just came to the US, as oppose to employees with credentials and that was born and raised on US soil. There wasn't that many US employees in my opinion. This irks and baffles me! For the short period that I was employed there, I can honestly say that my experience was not an enjoyable one! Not a great company to work for long-term, if you ask me.

Poor management and no work life balance

Project Manager (Former Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsMany of the managers are flexable about your work schedule, but only because there's no work life balance. You will work A LOT.

Cons1.The average employee works at least 50 + hours per week (if not much more).
    Management makes you feel guilty if you can not work overtime and puts a significant amount of pressure on the employees to perform. You will work morning , noon, night, and weekends. There is NO extra pay for this work. It is free labor.
    2.Do not expect a raise, a 401 k contribution, or a bonus. The company is behind 2 years on paying out promised bonuses even though they continue to meet their annual goals.
    3.There is no process, no training , and no real project management in the company. This is obvious on the Maxit side. Note: DO NOT work for the Maxit side of the company. It is completely client driven. You will lose all your free time! They work every weekend and even holidays with no overtime pay.
    4. You will hear the CEO scream at employees from time to time. He is known for tirades in which he humiliates employees in front of other employees or even in front of a client.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe CEO needs to start caring about his employees, create a proper work structure, and clean up the code base so the system works properly. This company is a legal nightmare just waiting to happen.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Scivantage is a good place to gain well rounded experience

Project Manager (Current Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsIt is easy to get your voice heard at this small firm. Management values the opinions of their employees and does their best to make you feel like you are contributing to the success of the the business. Management does not micromanage and give employees freedom to contribute their ideas and creativity to the product and process. You have the opportunity to gain a lot of experience at Scivantage.

ConsSalaries are on the lower end of the average.

No work life balance

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Jersey City, NJ

Prosthe pay is quite good

ConsNo work like balance. you are expected to work 60 hrs a week and even on weekends and nights.

Senior developer

Developer (Current Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsThe only pro is that they have a lot of clients

ConsGrosly understaffed and no processes. Lousy code base , Surprised how they have so many big names signed up. Unthinkable work hours and absolutely no structure. Too many managers and they all dont know what they are doing. A totally lost senior leadership team.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell out and let professionals take over

Overall not a bad place to work.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsWork/life situation is very balanced and i feel leans more towards the life section. Very casual environment to work in.

ConsSalaries are not great and don't expect a bonus or annual performance review every year.

Advice to Senior ManagementDedicate time to hiring managers that know what they are doing.

Worked for SciVantage? Contribute to the Community!