Science & Technology Corp.
www.stcnet.com Hampton, VA 150 to 499 Employees

Science & Technology Corp. Reviews

Updated Dec 4, 2013

Be The First To
Add Photos

Senior Research Scientist

I have been working at Science & Technology Corp. full-time for more than a year

ProsStable job as a government contractor

ConsContractor job. No visibility out of the organization.

There are definitely better options

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Science & Technology Corp. as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros--Stable hours (very little overtime required) make it easy to achieve a decent work-life balance.
--Compensation is in line with industry standards for my area.
--Location worked well for me; this facility supports a large number of DoD contracting firms, so it was easy to learn about other companies directly from those employees. (This became vitally important once I understood the STC reality.)

Cons--Favoritism is the norm; management routinely hires and promotes personal friends and family members with sketchy qualifications above technically qualified personnel.
--Many managers cannot manage (or even read Excel spreadsheets for that matter). They don't know regs, they don't know the standards for their direct reports, they have no training in people skills...basically they seem to be winging it.
--Competent, professional individuals don't stay, so although your colleagues will include some great people who are just waiting to get out, most will be incompetent performers with entitlement issues who are barely (and badly) covering the task orders.
--Employees are absolutely not supported: I was physically assaulted by one of the customer staff, and despite trying to handle it in an appropriate, professional manner by following training guidances and reporting it through my chain of command, I was blamed for the assault and retaliated against (by STC management) for reporting it.
--Overall, the phrase "ethics trainwreck" applies.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's not enough to drop retired military staff into high-profile contract spots then prop them up with admins so they can schmooze customers. Incompetent managers do not go unnoticed by the customer; neither do incompetent technical staff who are suspiciously promoted immediately after being chastised by the customer for poor performance. The days of 5- and 7-year contracts with endless extensions and follow-ons are over, and competition for awards is hotter than ever. Bare bones: STC cannot continue to operate this way and expect to survive.

Working Culture

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)

I have been working at Science & Technology Corp. full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFlexibility in working environment and working culture.

ConsComplex Matrix organizational structure and huge organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementOrientation.

My nice summer internship in KIEV

I have been working at Science & Technology Corp. as an intern for less than a year

Prosinteresting partners, friendly colleagues, respected time table, coffee at work, cool office,

Consjob is very often boring

Advice to Senior Managementmore communication, more active job

Old government organisation finding it hard to adapt to compitition

I have been working at Science & Technology Corp.

ProsWorking on the latest cutting edge technologies. Rolling out FTTx and LTE. If you are proactive and motivated you can learn a lot.

ConsThe office décor and furniture is a throwback to the 80’s.. literally! It looks like rejected items from IBM office furniture sale and is so demotivating to walk into the office with the horrible dull colors and there is not a single plant to be seen. The Cafeteria is expensive and unbearable and has been the same for the last 16 months. Forget about getting recognized with promotion and bonus if you’re not a Saudi.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease focus on dcreating a good stretagy for the STC group which can be followed by all the group companies. No group technical stretagy and cooperation being communicated to employees in the individual companies.

good as a technical and salea

Sales Manager (Former Employee)
Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)

I worked at Science & Technology Corp.

Prosit is one of the leading company in KSA, with employment over 20 thousends and it hase projects in four deffent contries it is an interantional company

Consit was a govenment sector ten years ago and still sufering form this it is over emplyeed wich makes the expences goes higher, some decesion effect the good emplyeees and teh pad ones.

Worked for Science & Technology Corp.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Science & Technology Corp. reviews and ratings. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Science & Technology Corp. employees.