ScienceLogic Reviews

David Link

1. Featured Review

Working at ScienceLogic

I have been working at ScienceLogic

Pros

1. Great and talented staff that drives innovation in the industry
    2. Pay and benefits are great
    3. Small company perks with big company business atmosphere

Cons

Too much free food might put you out of shape!

Advice to Management

Keep improving and building upon the already great company culture!

2. Sales Engineer

Current Employee - Sales Engineer
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer

I have been working at ScienceLogic full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Awesome Culture, plenty of opportunities to grow in your career, great pay and benefits. The technology ScienceLogic sells is innovative and interesting.

Cons

Struggling to find problems with this company. Leadership could be better at communication on an intra-department level. Onboarding could have been a bit smoother.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your employees. It is what makes the company so much different than every other company in the area.

3. Good platform. No room to grow. Compensation is OK

Current Employee - Service Delivery in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Service Delivery in Reston, VA

I have been working at ScienceLogic full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The science behind the company is solid and stocks opportunity is good.

Cons

The chaos, lack of good management, and structure makes it hard to build a career

Advice to Management

Company is growing rapidly you need to adapt and hire the right minds to get us there

5. OUTSTANDING! I love the culture, the people, & the amazing job opportunities!

Current Employee - Office Administrator in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Office Administrator in Reston, VA

I have been working at ScienceLogic full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-Amazing Culture
    -Very flexible
    -There is ALWAYS food
    -Work hard, play hard
    -Small company feel, with expanding opportunities

Cons

-You have to be willing to put in a lot of work. ScienceLogic is a growing company and that requires people to be passionate about what they do.

6. 10 Year Full Time Employee

Current Employee - Software Developer in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Reston, VA

I have been working at ScienceLogic full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The benefits are fantastic. If you need a health plan that covers everything, this is the place to work. 401K with matching contribution is also a great plus. There are so many smart people here that you can be challenged to do your best work and achieve new goals that you never thought were possible. The customers are all awesome and it is great helping them to succeed. Lot of employee events like a chili cookoff, cube decorating, etc.

Cons

Growing company so lots of work to do and no down time, but that can be a good problem to have. Still struggling with the new agile implementation, but it is improving. Annual reviews are starting to be more annual.

Advice to Management

Spend more time with employees and listen to their problems and their successes.

7. Great company to work for.

I have been working at ScienceLogic full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, great work environment. Teams work together to get things done, and it's going to be great for the companies future growth!

Cons

None to think of now, and I've been working here for many years!

Advice to Management

Appreciate the hard work, effort, and time employees put in.

8. Fast growing company that maintains small company feel.

I have been working at ScienceLogic full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I chose ScienceLogic because I could tell that employees enjoyed the work, believed in the company, and were treated well. After coming on board I can still say this holds true. In my previous experience, most workplaces are at least 75% ranting about negative attributes of the company and the remaining percentage positive, while at ScienceLogic I've not witnessed anything near this. After a year at the company I would put that closer to 90% positive. I think the great leadership has everything to do with this. The leadership looks out for the employees. Great benefits, adequate time off, very competitive salaries.

Cons

This is tough to complete. I think ScienceLogic has only a small amount of cons and none of those are unique to other companies of this size or field. Coming on board is somewhat difficult. For example, understanding where to find documentation, who to discuss things with, etc.

9. An excellent, growing company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at ScienceLogic full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I have been working at ScienceLogic for about a year now, and I have greatly enjoyed the experience so far. The biggest change between my current position and the last company I worked for is how much the company is growing. We have added a large number of people over the past few years, and expect to continue to expand over the coming year as well.

There are also plenty of pending projects with customer demand, so I appreciate being able work in many different areas, and not being stuck on a particular piece of technology.

Everyone in the company has been very approachable and willing to help me as I have come on board - from senior engineers all the way up to the CEO. The environment is professional, but flexible. Benefits were a step up from my previous job, which certainly helped.

Cons

Adding a large number of people into an organization does lead to some growing pains, so the development processes are continuing to evolve to fit the new organizational structures. But that is a pro as well, since we all have input into what those changes should be.

The main con is an area which is largely outside of the control of the company - the traffic around Reston/DC. You must plan your travel into/out of the office carefully, or be prepared to sit and wait.

10. A lovely company

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer

I have been working at ScienceLogic

Pros

A great company to work for, if you are willing to work hard. Show them you're excited about learning, and the sky is the limit.

Cons

I haven't found any yet. I'll let you know when I do!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what what you're doing.

11. This is a company of bright, energetic people working on a single product with a broad vision.

Current Employee - Senior Software Architect in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Architect in Reston, VA

I have been working at ScienceLogic full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company is small enough that everything is personal. Your work and your working environment can be according to your preferences (in line with the company goals). As an engineer, I am free to use the tools and personal workflows that best suit my preferences and style and make my work most efficient. I get to choose my desktop/laptop hardware and operating system. I can choose my development tools. I get to work with other smart and motivated people on a daily basis.

Cons

The company is not quite big enough that individual customers and sales deals don't effect ongoing and long-term engineering and operations work.

Advice to Management

Keep looking for and finding top-tier talent.

ScienceLogic Photos