Scientific Drilling

Add Photos

Bill Wade

Growing company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThings are pretty calm. People are nice. Flexible management. Easy going.

ConsOffice is a little too easy going. Because of this the new changes presented by corporate make it harder for employees to accept.

Great Company

ProsGood pay and opportunities for advancement

ConsGood old boy system still in effect

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees doing the work

Politics and Cronyism plus a Franchise Operation Model do not make for a great company

ProsGood technology, when working. Caveat Emptor. Sometimes it isn't. Ops makes failures appear to be successes. Flashy Marketing, but products and technology unequally spread and poorly supported. Corporate putting out major fires with customers consistently. Company makes a great deal of money, but then most reluctant to share - Field Ops paid well, in fear of loss to competition. Pay equity across business is embarrassingly out of balance.

ConsBoard is clueless to real issues in company. New talent being brought in at top is weak. Legacy employees are protected by one another and cemented in place with no means to determine their value added. There is constant fight and conflict as company is split between Headquarters and Management team in Hosuton and claims of Headquarters in Santa Barbara/ Paso Robles as shown above. Management unable to merge the companies or the culture.
    Management team appears to be preening the company for sale before the next cycle in the industry that may be a very good thing.
    Ask about how raises are determined.
    Ask about career path. Ask for examples showing advancement.allegedly in
    Ask about revenue per employee.
    Ask about numbers of voluntary and involuntary terminations.
    Ask about whether training and performance guarantees promotions or growth.
    Ask about how long operational field managers district and regional have been in same jobs.
    Ask about how long the performance review system has been in place... and what results come from it.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe culture is more go along get along rather than challenge and improve. One might find many employees with long tenure who never raise a question.
    C-Suite must get to field level and listen, variance between regional and district operations is astonishing.
    When have you completed a first quality employee survey? Why?
    Do you really have Mission Vision and Values or are they simply wall posters?
    How is performance management tied to pay at the levels where work for the customer really happens?
    What are you doing about pay equity?
    What about diversity?

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Pathetic .

IT Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsExcept for some good co- workers there is nothing good or worth mentioning about this place called Scientific Drilling.

ConsHigher management at the Corp HQ (IT director), indulges in a lot of cheap politics. Does nothing to help the company but is constantly overlooked by his superiors. Also an outside consultant working on a very big ERP implementation at HTC is given undue importance, he keeps blaming the team for the delay in project and has been getting rid of the team one by one. He managed to get rid of four people (3 consultants and one permanent employee) blaming them for the failure of the project. And got rid of one of the team member because she was pregnant. HE himself is not at all capable of handling such a big ERP implementation. I hope the manufacturing management realizes what he is trying to do and how he tries to blame every other employee. Please Hire a project manager who has real ERP implementation experience, rather than trusting a person with no ERP experience, but can play a lot of politics.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease open your eyes at least now. And act immediately and save the company money and find a new project manager. Instead of spending on flights and motels for consultant managers who do not deserve it.

Stressful.

ProsThere are opportunities for growth and advancement if you're in for the long haul.

ConsHR/management consistently overlooks or protects the behavior of bullies in lower management and seems blind to the hostile work environment this sustains. Too much overtime is a constant drain. Management seems to set unreasonable/unsustainable goals.

I'm too embarrassed to suggest my friends work here.

My favorite company I have ever worked for

Electronics Technician (Current Employee) Paso Robles, CA

ProsColleagues, Management, Interesting Work, HR, Benefits. Opportunity

ConsThe pay and benefits are great but they don't go very far in good ol' California.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare more about future endeavors and/or partnerships.

Great place to work

Gyro Surveyor (Current Employee) Decatur, TX

ProsGreat managment really good place to work.

ConsI wouldn't change a thing.

Advice to Senior ManagementEverything is actually pretty good how it is.

Pathetic

Electronics Technician (Current Employee) Paso Robles, CA

ProsHealth Insurance is the only good thing.

ConsTreated like lower class citizen. Very low pay. Company makes a ton of money but still pays such low wages! No growth opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay people what they deserve

Interesting

ProsThey seem to have a lot of expectations from a potential employee --- with respect to the work hours

ConsHR needs to be prepared for questions related to H1b visa sponsorship

High Performance, High Tech. Excellent for a career path experiencing high growth 2011, 2012

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsExcellent management team, real concern for people, values and working hard. Company has clear mission and direction. Great people considerate of others. Impressive growth. Service oriented. Good comp and benefits.

ConsFast growth has caused a few stress points, but none that will not be overcome. Moving quickly from small company to impressive global force.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain focus on values, integrity and concern for people. Continue to share rewards for hard work. Communicate even more to every level.

Worked for Scientific Drilling? Contribute to the Community!