Scientific Games

Add Photos

Scientific Games President and CEO David L. Kennedy

David L. Kennedy

Good Opportunity

ProsA lot of growth potential

ConsManagement structure has too many layers.

Advice to Senior ManagementStructure organization to respond to business, not to organize around personalities.

A joke.

Press (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsChecks don't bounce. That's about it.

ConsEverything else. People on here giving them more than one star must be in management. The worst place I ever worked for. Would not recomened this job to anyone. If you quit to come here it would be a terrible mistake. Stay away!

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to manage and not be favored to others. What a joke!

Relatively interesting work and higher level management attempts to show appreciation for workers

Technical Writer (Former Employee) North Atlanta, GA

ProsPretty good pay and benefits. Work is somewhat varied, so it's different from time to time. It is fun working with lottery applications.

ConsThe organization in Atlanta is somewhat disorganized; I'm not sure that upper management really is aware of what goes on at lower levels

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company/Lousy Management

Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) McCook, IL

Prosthe job itself was a breeze and the benefits were awesome.

Consthe manager needs to man-up and learn how to...manage

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the lousy workers including management to get the job done right the first time.

Good starter job

Research Analyst (Former Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsThe work can be interesting. There is a lot of opportunity to learn many facets of the lottery industry.

ConsManagement seems to be directionless at times. There is a tendency to over promise and under deliver to the client.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't try and do it all in house. Things like designing information interfaces should be hired out and left to the experts.

Get Your Feet Wet

Retail Service Technician I (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsTeam oriented, great starting point(entry level), various divisions, various locations, little to none supervision, fair

Constoo many chiefs and few indians

A different kind of job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat environment to learn and grow

Conslow potential to grow need more opportunities to grow in company

The worst place ever to work.

Packager (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsWorked in the packaging department, the only good thing was that we would get 3 or 4 days off each week.

ConsThe packaging department would pick favorites. If you were a white, american person, they would let the leaders, yell and scream at you. And let them call you names.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should treat all people the same . You should not pick favorites.

Your mileage will vary

Manager (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsSome groups are great, others are not. I am lucky to be a part of the former group, I work with a great team of people who genuinely care for each other. Very little micro management, visibility into upper management, and I get to work in some really interesting projects. If you play your cards right and work very hard, pay can be rewarding.

ConsResources can be extremely limited at times. Don't expect many perks -- basic benefits only here. Hiring and accessing additional resources can be downright excruciating. Culture of buyout rather than organic growth. Short term rather than long term focus.. Oh, and don't expect any quick promotions.

Advice to Senior ManagementBefore you buy another company, think hard about the synergies and how all of it should actually fit together. This company is enormously fragmented in all areas -- do something to fix it. Reward hard working employees; it shouldn't be like pulling teeth. If you promise the world to your customers, be prepared to service their expectations.

Great entry job

Computer Operator (Current Employee)

Prosovertime offered, benefits, good work environment

Consvery demanding and long shifts,

Worked for Scientific Games? Contribute to the Community!