Scientific Games

Updated November 30, 2014
2.6

Scientific Games President and CEO David L. Kennedy
David L. Kennedy

We Posted a Network Engineer position at Scientific Games for over 3 months and Can't find One who likes to work here.

Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Scientific Games full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Get some experience and then go someplace else...

Cons

No Promotions, No Personal grow, Bonuses are given in secret to those who are likable by management. If you have a family then say goodbye to them because you will be traveling everywhere dealing with lottery venues located at Gas Stations or Bars in dangerous places and neighborhoods where these tickets are sold or casinos in foreign countries where they are protected by armed men and then you have to deal with all the regulations in the lottery business and the underground mob seeking to infiltrate such business.

Give credit to employees and have the knowledge to evaluate them and keep in mind that they are overwhelmed by to many projects.

Steer clear of this place; awful.

Current Employee - Designer in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Designer in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Scientific Games full-time

Pros

I liked working with many of my co-workers

Cons

Training was a joke. The management is rife with dilettantes. The is an astounding lack of fairness and equitability in how management treats non-management employees.

Why give advice to those who will ignore it? Replace the homunculus that is the current CEO

Horrible, the corporate staff, supervising staff and associates were demonstratively racist.

Former Employee - Computer Operator in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Computer Operator in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Scientific Games full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Seven days on and Seven days off schedule.

Cons

Racist, Racist and Racist. This is in regard to the Alpharetta, GA location. Race dictates, work schedules support, fairness and personal human treatment. Disgusting! Fired after filing an EEOC complaint to address the aggressive and open policy of race discrimination and personal racial abuse.

Most of the foreign employees are told that they have no rights and that any employee must do as any Caucasian employee directs. Your company is still in the dark ages and someone will sue the hell out you eventually and make the disgusting practice of open abusive White Supremacy known to the nation and business community.

A joke.

Current Employee - Press in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Press in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Scientific Games full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Checks don't bounce. That's about it.

Cons

Everything else. People on here giving them more than one star must be in management. The worst place I ever worked for. Would not recomened this job to anyone. If you quit to come here it would be a terrible mistake. Stay away!

Learn to manage and not be favored to others. What a joke!

The worst place ever to work.

Current Employee - Packager in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Packager in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Scientific Games full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Worked in the packaging department, the only good thing was that we would get 3 or 4 days off each week.

Cons

The packaging department would pick favorites. If you were a white, american person, they would let the leaders, yell and scream at you. And let them call you names.

You should treat all people the same . You should not pick favorites.

Prepare For A Work Environment Unlike Any Other

I worked at Scientific Games

Pros

The salaries are adequate

The benefit package is ok

Flexible time off when you need it

Location of facility is centrally located

Cons

Preferential Treatment

Non-Diverse Workforce

Hostile Work Environment

Dishonest Performance Reviews

Flat-out Lies by Management

Zero to None Career Advancement Opportunities

No Cultivation of Employees

Low Employee Moral

You must implement a fair and equitable work environment where employees are evaluated on their performance only and nothing else. Scientific Games has never had an impartial work environment in the past, and will continue to operate this way due to upper management's good old boy mentality. People who deserve fair chances are not given the chances they deserve.

Start next Job Search when Accepting Job

Former Employee - Software in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Software in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Scientific Games

Pros

Small teams. Team members treated well. Cool hardware technology at times. Goal of quality, even if goal isn't always met. Developers treated as authority.

Cons

Warned when I started that they ran a rotating door of employees. I was cut after 3rd layoff in 2 years. Win a state lottery - hire. Lose a state lottery - fire. Shop is packed with politics and in-house backstabbing. Experience soured one coworker so dramatically that he moved out of the country to escape "evil" companies.

Shoot straight with people and hire contractors. Calm the infighting and politics. Value should represent ability and not who likes you.

Need to invest in training and developing staff and culture at all levels, and get more leadership.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Scientific Games full-time

Pros

Big offices, nice breakout area with pool tables and table tennis. Lots of parking. Showroom with products that everyone can use. Good canteen area. Made significant progress to change company culture this year, but too little too late for some.

Cons

Poor location which is a long walk from public transport links - very limited options for bars, so no after work culture. Not enough progressive thinking at the top, with focus on retaining existing customers rather than trying to innovate and enter new markets. Training and development is virtually non existent, with no clear career progression. Salaries are not pitched to reflect London location - pay peanuts and you'll get monkeys.

We are supposed to be the market leaders. Lets start acting like it, and strive for excellence in everything we do, in every team and across every employee.

Be ambitious, communicate better and lead us. We want to be sold a dynamic vision of where we are going to be as a business in 6, 12, 24 months, and feel that there is real drive and support in place to achieve this.

Invest in an industry leading training and development plan so that we see SG Gaming as a career rather than a job. Reward exceptional performance at all levels with excellent compensation, and stop using the Radford Scale.

Not the place I'd retire from

I have been working at Scientific Games

Pros

Pay is OK, could be higher.
    Colleagues are helpful and skilled.

Cons

Management is incompetent. Working long hours is a must though.

BAD MANAGEMENT!

Former Employee - Warehouse Clerk in McCook, IL
    Former Employee - Warehouse Clerk in McCook, IL

I worked at Scientific Games full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Easy job. Great Location. Flexible

Cons

Unless a buttkisser no movement

There IS such a thing as grey areas