Scientific Games

Be The First To
Add Photos

Scientific Games CEO A. Lorne Weil

A. Lorne Weil

Steer clear of this place; awful.

Designer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Scientific Games full-time

ProsI liked working with many of my co-workers

ConsTraining was a joke. The management is rife with dilettantes. The is an astounding lack of fairness and equitability in how management treats non-management employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy give advice to those who will ignore it? Replace the homunculus that is the current CEO

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Horrible, the corporate staff, supervising staff and associates were demonstratively racist.

Computer Operator (Former Employee)

I worked at Scientific Games full-time for more than a year

ProsSeven days on and Seven days off schedule.

ConsRacist, Racist and Racist. This is in regard to the Alpharetta, GA location. Race dictates, work schedules support, fairness and personal human treatment. Disgusting! Fired after filing an EEOC complaint to address the aggressive and open policy of race discrimination and personal racial abuse.

Advice to Senior ManagementMost of the foreign employees are told that they have no rights and that any employee must do as any Caucasian employee directs. Your company is still in the dark ages and someone will sue the hell out you eventually and make the disgusting practice of open abusive White Supremacy known to the nation and business community.

A joke.

Press (Current Employee)

I have been working at Scientific Games full-time for more than 3 years

ProsChecks don't bounce. That's about it.

ConsEverything else. People on here giving them more than one star must be in management. The worst place I ever worked for. Would not recomened this job to anyone. If you quit to come here it would be a terrible mistake. Stay away!

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to manage and not be favored to others. What a joke!

The worst place ever to work.

Packager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Scientific Games full-time for more than 5 years

ProsWorked in the packaging department, the only good thing was that we would get 3 or 4 days off each week.

ConsThe packaging department would pick favorites. If you were a white, american person, they would let the leaders, yell and scream at you. And let them call you names.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should treat all people the same . You should not pick favorites.

Prepare For A Work Environment Unlike Any Other

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Scientific Games

ProsThe salaries are adequate

The benefit package is ok

Flexible time off when you need it

Location of facility is centrally located

ConsPreferential Treatment

Non-Diverse Workforce

Hostile Work Environment

Dishonest Performance Reviews

Flat-out Lies by Management

Zero to None Career Advancement Opportunities

No Cultivation of Employees

Low Employee Moral

Advice to Senior ManagementYou must implement a fair and equitable work environment where employees are evaluated on their performance only and nothing else. Scientific Games has never had an impartial work environment in the past, and will continue to operate this way due to upper management's good old boy mentality. People who deserve fair chances are not given the chances they deserve.

Start next Job Search when Accepting Job

Software (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I worked at Scientific Games

ProsSmall teams. Team members treated well. Cool hardware technology at times. Goal of quality, even if goal isn't always met. Developers treated as authority.

ConsWarned when I started that they ran a rotating door of employees. I was cut after 3rd layoff in 2 years. Win a state lottery - hire. Lose a state lottery - fire. Shop is packed with politics and in-house backstabbing. Experience soured one coworker so dramatically that he moved out of the country to escape "evil" companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementShoot straight with people and hire contractors. Calm the infighting and politics. Value should represent ability and not who likes you.

NOT employee friendly- culture is bad

I have been working at Scientific Games for less than a year

Prosthe work can be challenging

Consno training for leadership or employees

Advice to Senior Managementinvest in your people and train them a little, hire more IT people

Great Company/Lousy Management

Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee)
McCook, IL

I worked at Scientific Games full-time for more than a year

Prosthe job itself was a breeze and the benefits were awesome.

Consthe manager needs to man-up and learn how to...manage

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the lousy workers including management to get the job done right the first time.

Good starter job

Research Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Scientific Games full-time

ProsThe work can be interesting. There is a lot of opportunity to learn many facets of the lottery industry.

ConsManagement seems to be directionless at times. There is a tendency to over promise and under deliver to the client.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't try and do it all in house. Things like designing information interfaces should be hired out and left to the experts.

sinking

I have been working at Scientific Games

Prostime off is somewhat flexible
sometimes you're granted an audience with the higher-ups for brief periods around a holiday
once in a while you'll get to learn something new that sparks creativity and the intellectual process (although what you're learning is not cutting edge)

Consold technology, poor direction on the technology side of the house. clear to see money wasted on technology toys, gives feeling that some management use company as corporate spending account for unnecessary gadgets

senior management travels a lot, no new revenue to show for endeavour but trade shows, conferences and international travel are the norm at the upper levels

lottery systems side is dying, no new innovations. company seems to follow suite on gtech/intralot. senior management seem to find internet and electronic gaming machines as 'wave of future' not realizing that antiquated methedologies cant keep pace with current development requirements

instant ticket side has waves of work, is only saving grace of org

sub-par raises
almost annual rifts

more senior management, directors, vice presidents and senior vice presidents than a larger company would offer. promotion visibly not based on skill but on who you know or what you've done recently for those above you. very much a building my regime mentality

departments are siloed off and communication is almost non-existant

several initiatives throughout org but failed planning and lack of capital insure that if a project fails a slap on the wrist and a delayed promotion are in order

no real requirement to write-down what you know, very much a knowledge is power mentality that is accepted and not discouraged

Advice to Senior Managementthe board/ C?? need to clean house and get fresh blood in the company
higher expectations for the organization with tighter control of management at the senior level, as well as trimming the excessive and unnecessary leadership fat, would do the company well

investing in staff that are skilled and regularly motivated & rewarded for innovation

make promotions meaningful

be more involved in running the organization and bring the multiple divisions together, why would you have the same positions in several different areas doing a small percentage of work when one person could drive results for the entire org

clear requirements for duties performed would stop a lot of the in-fighting. all projects are surrounded by uppers trying to get their name on the project. i guess they get a kickback if its successful, this does not translate to the actual employee whos working the project.

stop thinking small; you're not in a garage you were a billion dollar company act like it.
stop buying companies - require your people to innovate and you can stop wasting money you dont have

Worked for Scientific Games? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Scientific Games reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Scientific Games CEO A. Lorne Weil. All 28 reviews posted anonymously by Scientific Games employees.