Scientific Research

Updated Jun 30, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mike Watt

An excellent company to work for

Data Analyst Senior (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsInteresting work. Large enough to win good contracts with the government. The work feels meaningful, purposeful, and appreciated.

ConsNot many locations around the country.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf there was any advice to give upper management, I would, but there is none. I worked for this company three years and I never had any issue at any management level.

Great people, excellent company to work for.

Systems Analyst III (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsThe company makes room for you to do your job. Company understands that their greatest assets, are the people that work for them.

ConsThere are no negatives working for this company. I always got the support I needed to do my job. Even being away from corporate HQ, at a remote location, I always got the administrative support required to accomplish my tasking.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhatever you are doing to keep the rank and file employee happy, keep doing it. You'll see the results in performance.

Excellent Teamwork

Senior Analyst (Former Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsSRC teams with other professional defense firms to solve DOD's most pressing challenges through the Joint Test and Evaluation Program. They are one of four prime contractors that compete for JT&E projects.

ConsThe Colorado Springs JT&E market is shrinking as a result of re-engineering by the JT&E Program Office. Two-year Joint Tests are concentrated at Nellis AFB, NV; Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD; and Suffolk, VA. Twelve-month quick reaction tests (QRT) locations are still dispersed to meet project sponsor needs.

Advice to Senior ManagementExpand the SRC portfolio in Colorado Springs with new areas of work since there will be no future JT contract work here.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Co-Workers

Senior Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsCompany has quality people at mid and lower level managment as well as at the lower levels. Has a good and solid market nitch.

ConsThe senior leadership in the company lack vision and nickel and dime employees to death. Poor business development support. Zero training opportunities internally for employees. Just cut the 401K benefits in half.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow some leadership and care for your employees.

Good Company to Work For

ProsThe company has good values

ConsThe company is headquartered in Atlanta.

Great place to work!

ProsManagement really seem to care about your personal growth within the company. The management have good values.

ConsI wish there were more training opportunities, but overall great place to work.

Brief, but entirely positive!

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD

ProsThey hire the best people.
    They take care of their employees.
    They enjoy a diverse mission.
    Management is responsive to your needs.

ConsAnnual leave for salaried employees was insufficient.
    As a small company, opportunities in a number of states are limited.
    Smaller contracts, six months in duration for example, are common.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to lean forward on the business development aspect of SRC. Make time to keep all parties, particularly subordinates engaged in the vision of the company. If you demonstrate your enthusiasm and share your vision, your employees will carry you across the finish line.

Leaders and coworkers were talented and knowledgeable

Test Engineer (Former Employee) Suffolk, VA

ProsTasking included technical and exciting projects.

ConsMy project was short term and the proposed follow-on was not picked up.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe had an excellent group that had to disperse because of lack of tasking. It is difficult to re-establish a team once they are laid off and pursue other options.

I enjoyed working for SRC mainly because the Program Manager I worked for was an excellent manager and very personable.

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) Alexandria, VA

ProsI was given a lot of autonomy to work with the client without a lot of oversight once I had time to acclimate to the new job. It made the position that much more enjoyable.

ConsLike many companies working for the DoD, jobs come and go with the contracts. The company is very dependent on those contracts.

Treated as a number, not a person

Systems Analyst III (Former Employee) North Charleston, SC

ProsGreat people and projects to work with. Experience is seen from the ground up, so directors are actually system analysts and engineers that have advanced to their role, not just get hired into it. Great place to acquire knowledge and mentoring. Good place to work directly with the government.

ConsHR treats you as a number, not as a valued member of the company. Don't burn bridges at companies you are at now. There is a good chance you might be going back when your project contract obligations run out and there's not another project for you. Furloughs is the name of the game. Also, titles are just for headcount needs. There are system analysts at SRC stuck with the same title for over eight years or longer. What do to things via remote / telecommute? Forget it. That's not happening. You have to be on-site at the job location.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf a project is losing funding, there needs to be more discussion on getting employees on other projects in a faster time frame. Giving a two week or less notice is total BS.

Worked for Scientific Research? Contribute to the Community!