Scitor

www.scitor.com

Scitor Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014
Scitor – “I really appreciate the fact that Scitor is a…”

Jim Hoskins

Great Place to Work

Intern (Current Employee) Chantilly, VA

ProsEveryone is very nice and helpful. It is very easy to talk to your manager and ask for help. The company is very flexible and does not micro-manage. The projects assigned to the interns are interesting and challenging. This place is great to work in and as an intern the experience is very beneficial.

ConsAs an intern it might get boring sometimes but it's not bad at all and the managers try to keep you busy as much as they can.

Good Company, with good people and great benefites

IT Intern (Current Employee) Reston, VA

Prosvacation policy, flexible hours, great benefits, solid culture, could pay for you to get your clearance which makes you an extremely valuable asset to move companies if you need to.

Consmanagement is sometimes blind to the problems that are occurring beneath them and refuse to accept them or simply ignore them

Advice to Senior Management(see cons) management is sometimes blind to the problems that are occurring beneath them and refuse to accept them or simply ignore them

Decent company

Systems Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsGreat benefits and very good 401K retirement plan

ConsNot a very diverse company to work for. Mostly old white men

Advice to Senior Managementconsider diversifying your employment pool

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company with a great culture

Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsAllow you the autonomy to get the job done. Excellent management support.

ConsOften required significant uncompensated overtime hours to complete proposals.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure to diversify and support all aspects of the company. You never know when one business area will lose a contract.

Not the company it once was

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHas a good overall compensation package

ConsLimited upward mobility, culture changing a lot

Advice to Senior ManagementIf people really are your most important asset, treat them that way.

Exceptional company filled with exceptional people!

Individual Contributor (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsExcellent engagement by leadership, positive "vibe", top-notch talent and superb benefits

ConsA bit risk-adverse when looking at new opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure we stay ahead of the curve strategically - the business environment is changing and while we have been very successful, future success will likely not be achieved with the same business plans. However, the cultural core of the company is rock-solid, and will carry us a long, long ways!

Typical discount contractor

Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Reston, VA

ProsBenefits are average. Can find better elsewhere.

ConsNo clear path for career advancement. For the most part, found management to be dishonest. Their primary goal is to place you in a position and leave you there to keep you billable.

Incredible Intern experience.

Intern (Former Employee)

ProsTravel, people, culture. Its a wonderful place to work with great people. There's nearly nothing to complain about.

ConsVery little to complain about at this company. The work may be a little bit boring once in a while, but its not a big deal at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing.

Great Company, Definitely Recommend

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chantilly, VA

ProsDue to the nature of the organization of the company, very easy to talk to upper leads.

ConsHas a very corporate feel

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing!

Excellent, Great management flexible work schedule

Acquisitions Engineer (Former Employee) El Segundo, CA

ProsExcellent Pay, work with leading space technology, full medical benefits, no out of pocket expenses, Employer matches your 401K contribution, Immediate vesting in retirement program. Freedom to support the customer in the best way possible. Annual Corporate Gatherings to places like The Bahamas, San Francisco, New Orleans, including one other person of your choice.

ConsLong Hours depending which customer you support, Off Site Travel 1 day to a 2 weeks. Security Clearance requirements.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing to say, very competent, forward thinking, excellent HR standards.

Worked for Scitor? Contribute to the Community!