ScoreBig Reviews

3.9
Adam Kanner

1. Great company culture

I worked at ScoreBig

Pros

Everyone in the office is extremely nice and personable, from the people in my department to the CEO. It is a very laid back environment, but also keeps the push to get stuff done. Management treats employees very well with team nights and weekly lunches together. Great vertical communication and opportunity for growth.

Cons

I would say the only con would be a bit of a lack of structure, but the company is still growing from the startup phase so I'm sure that will only continue to get better with time.

Keep treating your employees well as you grow. That appreciation goes a long way and is a great motivator to get people excited about coming to work every day.

2. Good company, great people!

I worked at ScoreBig

Pros

Agile growth stage company with unlimited potential. Wonderful team. Senior management is very engaged and interested in the professional growth of their employees.

Cons

A more organized training program is needed.

3. Great dynamic company to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at ScoreBig full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I really enjoyed my time working at ScoreBig. It was exciting to be a part of a growing business, and it was a pleasure to work with so many intelligent and dedicated people. ScoreBig treats their employees really well, and they always have the staff's best interests at heart.

They are very results-oriented, which I appreciated. They gave me the flexibility to work on my schedule in the way that I wanted, and that freedom and autonomy allowed me to produce strong results. I also felt there was a great sense of teamwork at ScoreBig, and I could count on any employee to help out on something when needed.

I learned a great deal in my time there, and ScoreBig will always hold a special place in my heart.

Cons

I see that a few people on here have accused the leadership of being disorganized. I think that's a bit overblown. As with any new business, you'll find that certain things work well and that other strategies don't. By their very nature, start-ups can change and evolve. If you're looking for consistency and you want to do the same exact thing every day, then ScoreBig probably isn't for you. But if you're like a changing business landscape, and responding to new challenges, then I think ScoreBig could be a good fit.

I think ScoreBig should invest a little bit of time into building its brand.

5. Strong positive culture, growth opportunities, and great values.

I worked at ScoreBig full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Intelligent people that treat each other with respect. One of a kind in the market. Passionate, driven and fun culture.
    Executive management team states a clear vision. ScoreBig values employee opinions.
    Nurture leaders. Compensate hard workers. Ongoing success for the company. Learned and developed many decision-making and technology skills. Interpersonal growth and challenges. Consumer focused product.

Cons

None come to mind.

6. Great people, good starting point, with some catches

Former Employee - Programmer in Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Programmer in Hollywood, CA

I worked at ScoreBig full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This would be an excellent place to start at the entry level and get experience with a fast-paced startup environment, and to find out if the startup thing works for you.

The CEO is very inspiring and personable, he is clearly genuinely passionate about the company and its goals, and he's also the kind of guy who's fun to go out drinking with.

Most of the people are very friendly and pleasant to work with, I felt welcomed and like I was "part of the team" from my first day through my last.

The stocked kitchen was nice, and the parties were always fun, especially the ScoreBeer party, where everyone brought in their favorite craft beer, and we had a tasting event, then played beer pong with the crappy ones!

You also get 12 free event tickets per year that you can use on just about anything. I ended up getting some incredible, floor level seats to a major event that would have otherwise cost an arm, leg, and a first-born child, which was amazing to say the least.

The company is also very transparent, to the extent that there are big TVs in every corner of the office that constantly display revenue, sales, and other business statistic graphs. It was really cool to put out a new feature or test a promotion, then see the jump (or decline) in our stats for the day. That makes the whole team really feel like they have a direct impact on the business.

Cons

The compensation was... not great. To put it in perspective, after I left here, my next position doing the same kind of work, and working fewer hours (i.e. a normal 40-hour work week) was at a 60% higher salary. The options, especially if you're just joining now, or recently, are incredibly small, and will be nearly worthless, even in a best case scenario exit event.

Sometimes the workload seemed overwhelming for no particular reason. There were sudden changes in direction coming from senior management that would require weeks of grinding out hard work and extra hours, just to have it go to waste when someone else changed their mind about the original plan.

There are a few people there who have wedged themselves into their position and refuse to let go, therefore stifling innovation and advancement potential for those "below" them. I've spoken with some people since leaving and they say it's getting better, though, so that may have changed.

Provide a clearer path for advancement, and specific goals to meet that can result in increased compensation for high performers.

7. Good Opportunity, Chaotic Management

Former Employee - Programmer in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Programmer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at ScoreBig full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Cool work atmosphere. Good people. They put a lot of effort in to making the place fun with events and parties, etc.
    Opportunity to grow and be exposed to lots of new technology if you are motivated. The CEO really cares about the business and is charismatic and personable.

Cons

Low to average pay.
    Marginal benefits.
    Disorganized, conflicting management directives that change on a moment's notice may render a lot of your hard work worthless.
    Crazy work hours are the norm and expected of everyone, even though you only have a 0.0005% equity stake (unless you're a founder or executive perhaps).
    Lack of technical resources (programmers, etc), mostly due to the unrealistic deadlines and top-down, opaque management style.

Emulate famous successful startups in management style and resource allocation. Ticketing is often a scummy business but doesn't have to be and ScoreBig should be a disrupter. Shed the dead weight that are just waiting for an exit event.

8. A learning experience.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at ScoreBig full-time

Pros

Cool offices. Great people. Ticket discounts.

Cons

Low pay. Average leadership. Crappy benefits.

9. It was an enriching opportunity, great people, but unjustly limiting at times.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Hollywood, CA

I worked at ScoreBig

Pros

Opportunity
    Growth and development
    Great work environment

Cons

Could provide further opportunity and less limitations on those showing ability and interest to do more.

10. Leadership is disorganized, which by definition means it lacks leadership. Culture is slowly improving.

I have been working at ScoreBig

Pros

casual work environment, smart passionate people, free tickets, great startup experience for entry-level

Cons

management is disorganized, culture is not collaborative,

How about some performance reviews?