Scott Wilson

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Abraham Marrett

Great company to work for

Human Resources Adviser (Former Employee)

ProsGreat company to work for. People are friendly and make you feel welcome. There was clear career path for employees f they with to progress within the organisation

ConsI really do not have anything bad to say about the company as i have a wonderful experience and i enjoyed working for and being part of the organisation,

experience with Scott wilson was not very satisfactory.

Junior Consultantant (Former Employee) Kanpur, Punjab (Pakistan)

ProsI was able to increase my technical know how very well there.

ConsFacilities for employees was nil there.

Professionalism and integrity

Civil Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsTreats employees with professionalism, equal opportunities and ethos.

ConsManagers do not share knowledge at all times with junior staff.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Felt a Little Left Out

Senior Landscape Architect (Former Employee) Lizhuangzi, Tianjin (China)

ProsGreat environment, all staff very helpful, especially to help someone that was foreign to the Chinese language and Chinese business practices. Good amount of teamwork among the staff.

ConsNot enough collaboration between departments. Managers should utilize talents from each department to keep the creative input at a high level. Some designers (Chinese) had very little knowledge about sustainable design, construction materials and methods because most work is conceptual and not carried through to construction documentation. This should be improved upon.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you bring in a foreign employee try to include that person in the many meetings between staff and management. I was left out of many discussions because of the time it takes for translation to happen. I know I could have added a great deal of information to the topics being discussed as I have much greater knowledge and expertise than was actually used by the company. I felt like I was not utilized properly and this was directly an issue with the senior managements focus on working fast and sacrificing quality during the design conceptualization.

A place to grow

Prosall tools for growth available
    management encourage us to grow
    management has a humane approach and never pressurize you too much to perform

Consless salary may neutralise the props

Good Employer

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

ProsGenerally good employer and excellent Team work
    Line manager can very supportive and encourage you to do you best
    High Standard of Work (on the whole)

ConsAdvancement can be difficult
    Review process is very challenging
    Oppurtuties can be limited in certain offices or area of expertise (although I understand this has significantly improved)

Advice to Senior ManagementExcellent Firm to work for - work load can be very intense at time - remember to make sure the team leader / line managers takes all the team out for drink.

good large company that provide steady on the job training

Assistant Geotechnical Engineer (Current Employee)

Prosthey dont ask to much of you too soon they gain high profile projects that means you get very good levels of experience

Consyou have to work away from home very often and the hours can be very long and not all overtime is compensated

Advice to Senior Managementhard work should be better rewarded through full overtime compensation. a better understanding that people have comittments in other areas of their lives

Live railways projects

Project Controller (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsGood flexible timings with time left for socialising
    Great sense of achievement to work on dynamic railway projects
    Good salary and pension
    Excellent work culture

ConsLack of organisation and monitoring of systems
    No parking space or company canteen
    There are no other cons I can think of

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to engage more into continuous professional development of employees, need better financial reviews and monitoring at various stages of projects.

Worked for Scott Wilson? Contribute to the Community!