Scott & White Healthcare

Scott & White Healthcare Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Scott & White Healthcare President and CEO Robert W. Pryor

Robert W. Pryor

Pros
  • Huge organization with reasonably good benefits and opportunities(in 3 reviews)

• Great place for new doctors to get their feet wet(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Hardly enough merit increase to combat against the rising cost of living (last year's max raise was 2(in 3 reviews)

• No pay raises yet more work and demand(in 3 reviews)

It could be a great place to work.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Temple, TX

ProsLove the patients, but hate the political BS. Could be really great if priorities were in the right place. I hope the Baylor merger helps the issue.

ConsNo raises to staff members, but keep on building new clinics and hospitals. Do not hire most qualified persons for jobs. It is all about who can kiss up the best around here.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen we are short-staffed, management should step up and help out rather than hiding out in their offices or being off on vacation.

Great healthcare system, poor salary.

Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee)

ProsGreat benefits. Plenty of opportunities to change specialties. Growing hospital. Teaching institution.

ConsRecently, there have been no annual raises. They limit competitive pay for nurse practitioners in the Waco-Temple area because they monopolize most positions in the area. Salaries are minuscule and would not be acceptable in other markets.

Advice to Senior ManagementProductivity bonuses.

High expectations Low outcomes

CT Tech (Current Employee) Marble Falls, TX

ProsRadiologists really do care, and most of the worker be's are struggling just like you and are a joy to work for.

ConsLowest possible pay, the smartest and the hardest workers will not get promoted or manage, expected to give 200% with no gratitude, favoritism, its all about the money, high turn around.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees should be taken care of first! If you do not have happy employees then you will not have the patient care that brings people back.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

West Campus, RCO Clinic

Billing and Follow-up Tech (Current Employee) Temple, TX

ProsEven though you pay an arm and leg for it, it is decent coverage.

ConsPay is below par, health plan premiums are through the roof (and I am an employee), Management doesn't have any answers to questions, Training in my department is terrible (there are people who have been here for years and still can not figure things out), Management singles out people that don't fit there idea of a good employee and tries to find a reason to fire you!

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to quit having favorism with the employees that fit there scheme of things. If they treated the other employees the same, we may want to be here and work harder. We are not children that they can just treat however they want to,

Financial counselor

Financial Counselor (Current Employee) Temple, TX

ProsNot a long list of pros other than it is income and the insurance Benefits are decent and discounts at stores

ConsNo pay raises and no growth opportunities. favoritism is rampant among management constant turnover workload is ever increasing not enough employees

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your current employees we are the ones who make this place work we have good ideas for moral and productivity

Pharmacy

ProsLiked PTO policies, and discounts at stores.

Consorganizational changes, lack of transparencies

Registered Nurse

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Round Rock, TX

ProsNursing staff is great and believes in teamwork.

ConsUpper management not always understanding to the staff's needs.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease staff to patient acuity levels

Get your experience and move on.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Temple, TX

ProsGood coworkers. Committees to prevent certain things (pressure ulcers, cauti). Epic charting system.

ConsDoes nothing to keep employees happy and satisfied. I.e., No pay raises yet more work and demand. Limited supplies to do your job. Management has unrealistic expectations of floor nurses. New staff and turnover is ridiculous.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees like you need them and want them to stay.

They'd rather spend their money on pretty paintings then hire the sufficient amount of people to get work accomplished.

Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) Temple, TX

ProsThey are many job openings available. They take time to train you.

ConsThey are many job openings available, because this place is a revolving door. They know and let you know you can easily be replaced. There are never enough staff members to get the job done and new job responsibilities get added on each week. This place will burn you out quickly.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a balanced organized way to assign job responsibilities. Don't complain about how not everything is being accomplished when you do not hire enough worker bees to get the job done.

Sad place to work

Contact Center Specialist (Current Employee) Temple, TX

ProsFriendly co-workers, easy to make new connections

ConsManagement treats staff as if they are easily replaced
    Dont appreciate their employees who handle most of the workload, correct others mistakes, and makes sure that patients are taken care of, but rather make them feel as if they are not good employees because they may need a day off every few months, while your supervisor and manager take more time off than anyone
    No breaks

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize who are your strong employees and treat them as such
    Reward employees for a job well done
    Say thank you every once in a while
    Learn team buliding, I have worked with people for months who I have never even met!

Worked for Scott & White Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!